• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Winners win - that's why we need MVD as coach

Saying MVD can't recruit out of Montana is ridiculous. Go look at the roster. He's got players from Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Californa all over the western US. The guy can recruit and can flat out play. The best players in MT will still come and the best transfers and players just below FBS level will come too. MVD can flat out coach.

djollieballs said:
With MVD*, I bet we would compete for the NC for the first two years. Then we would self destruct because Montana DOES NOT "recruit itself". Recognizing talent and playing that talent isn't something even Bobby was very good at. MM only had 16 catches as a sophmore for example and was a walk-on. Colt was a walk-on.

Does Caroll even have a single minority on their team? Yeah, the Griz will win a bunch of games with 30% Capital High players... not.

Also, the allegations at Caroll are beyond disturbing. That would would kill the program deader than Brittney Murphy.

MVD* couldn't even get the Cats job over Rob Ash and you guys want him coaching the Griz? Loolz.

1) If you think it was a talent thing you have no understanding of the game. Zilch.

2) Really? You're going to go there? You can always hire Mike Kramer... I heard he's good with minorities. (By the way... yes there are minorities on Carroll's team)

3) He was offered the job at Montana St. After his formal interview he did a reverse interview where the players asked questions of the coach. The first several questions related to how much time they get off on breaks. He turned it down.

4) What allegations are you talking about? I played there. You didn't. I'd refer you to the posts in "My Short List", but I'm assuming you're too ignorant to discover the truth on your own.

You are talking two completly different levels of talent. Do you think that Villanova would give Texas a game? The game of football does not change. The x's and o's do not change. The ability to motivate and coach young men does not change. So what does your question have to do with anything?

Forshizzlegrizzle said:
You are talking two completly different levels of talent. Do you think that Villanova would give Texas a game? The game of football does not change. The x's and o's do not change. The ability to motivate and coach young men does not change. So what does your question have to do with anything?

So you're admitting that MVD* has no idea how to recruit NCAA level talent?
Thought so.

djollieballs said:
Forshizzlegrizzle said:
Well you kind of just blew your whole argument out of the water. Montana does recruit itself. Colt and Marc walked on to Montana because of just that. And get your facts strait Mike pulled his name out of the running at MSU he didn't even finish the process. Ash wasn't even MSU's #1 guy. The program of Montana DOES recruit itself at this level of football.

Do you think Caroll would give the Griz a game if they played each other?

Would Carroll give the Griz a game? Probably not. But you recruit the players that are fit for your level. Do you think Carroll even serioulsy recruited the likes of Brock Osweiller? Ryan Leaf? Or any slew of other guys that they KNEW were going to a higher level? Its not like MVD is going to fill the roster with NAIA level talent. Anyone who thinks he'll bring in the same size, speed etc. type players he had at Carroll is an idiot.

djollieballs said:
Forshizzlegrizzle said:

So you're admitting that MVD* has no idea how to recruit NCAA level talent?
Thought so.

This is a joke right?

Grizchew said:
djollieballs said:
With MVD*, I bet we would compete for the NC for the first two years. Then we would self destruct because Montana DOES NOT "recruit itself". Recognizing talent and playing that talent isn't something even Bobby was very good at. MM only had 16 catches as a sophmore for example and was a walk-on. Colt was a walk-on.

Does Caroll even have a single minority on their team? Yeah, the Griz will win a bunch of games with 30% Capital High players... not.

Also, the allegations at Caroll are beyond disturbing. That would would kill the program deader than Brittney Murphy.

MVD* couldn't even get the Cats job over Rob Ash and you guys want him coaching the Griz? Loolz.

1) If you think it was a talent thing you have no understanding of the game. Zilch.

2) Really? You're going to go there? You can always hire Mike Kramer... I heard he's good with minorities. (By the way... yes there are minorities on Carroll's team)

3) He was offered the job at Montana St. After his formal interview he did a reverse interview where the players asked questions of the coach. The first several questions related to how much time they get off on breaks. He turned it down.

4) What allegations are you talking about? I played there. You didn't. I'd refer you to the posts in "My Short List", but I'm assuming you're too ignorant to discover the truth on your own.

Here's my theroy: The only MVD* supporters are Caroll fans who want to feel a connection to UM football, beacuse right now they have nothing. They'll suport MVD* untill he falls flat on his face like the NDSU coach did at MSU and like Hatcher did at G. Southern, then they'll quitetly slink back to their silly little "championships*" that nobody outside of Helena cares about.

It's just a theory. Like what you Caroll guys think of evolution and global warming.

Why won't the Caroll people, the only people supporting MVD* btw, just admit that they think "Caroll would scare the heck out of the Griz if they played"?

That's what you guys really think. I've heard you say it over, and over and over.

The Griz would destroy Caroll 100-0 and Caroll doesn't have a single player that would crack the scout team at UM.

And you guys think that coach should coach the third most popular football program in the Northwest?

Loolz.

djollieballs said:
Why won't the Caroll people, the only people supporting MVD* btw, just admit that they think "Caroll would scare the heck out of the Griz if they played"?

That's what you guys really think. I've heard you say it over, and over and over.

The Griz would destroy Caroll 100-0 and Caroll doesn't have a single player that would crack the scout team at UM.

And you guys think that coach should coach the third most popular football program in the Northwest?

Loolz.

I know there has been SEVERAL players during Mikes coaching guy that not only could have played for the Griz but could have played for a FBS school. Peterson who did play for the Griz, Travis Brown could have easily played wideout for MT Fitzsimmons who now plays for the Detriot lions I am sure could have cracked the starting lineup for Montana. Those are just a few off the top of my head.

djollieballs said:
Why won't the Caroll people, the only people supporting MVD.

Hmmm..this is not a Carroll vs. Griz argument, and I've never been to a Caroll game in my life. So I don't like being called "Caroll people" just because MVD is a great coach.

Just saying he's a MT native who excels in coaching football. AND WINS THE NC!

Forshizzlegrizzle said:
What makes him unqualified. Tell what you know as fact.

He coaches three levels underneath division 1 and his players are not held to NCAA standards or the type of scrutiny that they will be held to in Missoula. It's been 20 years since he's had to split up anything close to 63 schollys between actual division 1 talent.

That's all it takes for me.

djollieballs said:
To the MVD* supporters:

Do you think Caroll would give the Griz a game if they played?

Does MVD* have a single minority on his Caroll team? Has he ever?

Mason Siddick #97

Jersey Number:
97 Class:
Senior Hometown:
Kirkland,Wa Position:
Defensive Tackle Height:
6'2 Weight:

Jersey Number:
99 Class:
Freshman Hometown:
Eglin, AFB FL Position:
Outside Linebacker Height:
6'4 Weight:
Bio
Last Season: Transfer, had an outstanding spring.

High School: 1st Team All-Conference DE in Florida. Also lettered in track In the 400 M & 800M. 2 year starter In football. Coached by Bill Castle.

Carroll has Minorities, not that it is a big deal! You should do some research before you come acting like a know-it-all. By the way, I think Carroll has seven Capital High players on their roster, considering they had won 3 State titles, they must be good recruits. I believe you pulled the 30% out of your arse....

I don't think Carroll could beat the Griz, but I do know they would love to play them. I do know Carroll could beat Central Washington....

djollieballs said:
Forshizzlegrizzle said:
What makes him unqualified. Tell what you know as fact.

He coaches three levels underneath division 1 and his players are not held to NCAA standards or the type of scrutiny that they will be held to in Missoula. It's been 20 years since he's had to split up anything close to 63 schollys between actual division 1 talent.

That's all it takes for me.

Your right because carroll rarley if EVER gives full ride scholorships to their players. And they are probably the most expensive NAIA school in the region but yet he is still able to recruit the players to PAY for that college and win national championships. Your arguments suck. You must have failed debate.

Forshizzlegrizzle said:
djollieballs said:

Loolz.

I know there has been SEVERAL players during Mikes coaching guy that not only could have played for the Griz but could have played for a FBS school. Peterson who did play for the Griz, Travis Brown could have easily played wideout for MT Fitzsimmons who now plays for the Detriot lions I am sure could have cracked the starting lineup for Montana. Those are just a few off the top of my head.

The problem is that you are flat out wrong, and MVD* thinks exaclty the same as you do.

We would have a team FILLED with INFERIOR talent.

NONE of those guys could have played for ANY Big SKy school, much less the Griz. FITZSIMMONS?!? HA HA HA AH AH HA!!!!!! That guy sucks! Have you ever actually seen him play in a NFL game? LOOLZ!!!!!!!!

djollieballs said:
Grizchew said:

Here's my theroy: The only MVD* supporters are Caroll fans who want to feel a connection to UM football, beacuse right now they have nothing. They'll suport MVD* untill he falls flat on his face like the NDSU coach did at MSU and like Hatcher did at G. Southern, then they'll quitetly slink back to their silly little "championships*" that nobody outside of Helena cares about.

It's just a theory. Like what you Caroll guys think of evolution and global warming.

Here's my theory:

You never had the athletic ability to do anything in life above middle school "C" squad or the intelligence to do anything with your career. You're bitter at your failure of a life so you come onto an online sports forum and spew this vomit hoping something sticks. You make up facts that disgrace a good man and rattle off outlandish arguments all in the hopes that you can make an impact on this world beyond the sh!t you take each morning and the laughter you provide to women leaving your bedroom.

Mike Van Diest is a good man and a great coach. Like countless others, he changed my life for the absolute better and I will forever be indebted to him for that. If you don't feel he can make the jump from NAIA to FCS fine, but don't question his character.

You are a disgrace to your institution.

You can go back and forth about MVD all day, but I get the sense that MVD is not really that interested in the UM job and is very happy at Carroll and the UM is not very interested in MVD. I feel that they are considering a handful of coaches that have a more recent tie with the program. I believe that they should do more of a national search, but with the week timeline they have set to hire, I highly doubt that will be the case.

Liquor up front! said:
djollieballs said:
To the MVD* supporters:

Do you think Caroll would give the Griz a game if they played?

Does MVD* have a single minority on his Caroll team? Has he ever?

Mason Siddick #97

Jersey Number:
97 Class:
Senior Hometown:
Kirkland,Wa Position:
Defensive Tackle Height:
6'2 Weight:

Jersey Number:
99 Class:
Freshman Hometown:
Eglin, AFB FL Position:
Outside Linebacker Height:
6'4 Weight:
Bio
Last Season: Transfer, had an outstanding spring.

High School: 1st Team All-Conference DE in Florida. Also lettered in track In the 400 M & 800M. 2 year starter In football. Coached by Bill Castle.

Carroll has Minorities, not that it is a big deal! You should do some research before you come acting like a know-it-all. By the way, I think Carroll has seven Capital High players on their roster, considering they had won 3 State titles, they must be good recruits. I believe you pulled the 30% out of your arse....

I don't think Carroll could beat the Griz, but I do know they would love to play them. I do know Carroll could beat Central Washington....

I hope every person reading this thread sees what you Caroll suporters are implying, that Caroll could give the Griz a game. MVD* thinks the exact same thing! LoolZ!

Wow! Two minorities? Good luck recruiting those kids out of high school MVD*! LOOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!

FITZSIMMONS?!? HA HA HA AH AH HA!!!!!! That guy sucks! Have you ever actually seen him play in a NFL game? LOOLZ!!!!!!!

You see thats why you have no credibility what so ever on this board and I feel like I am arguing with a tard. Just the fact that you put the words NFL and that guy sucks in the same thought makes you a fool.

Grizchew said:
djollieballs said:

Here's my theory:

You never had the athletic ability to do anything in life above middle school "C" squad or the intelligence to do anything with your career. You're bitter at your failure of a life so you come onto a online sports forum and spew this vomit hoping something sticks. You make up facts that disgrace a good man and rattle off outlandish arguments all in the hopes that you can make an impact on this world beyond the sh!t you take each morning and the laughter you provide to women leaving your bedroom.

Mike Van Diest is a good man and a great coach. Like countless others, he changed my life for the absolute better and I will forever be indebted to him for that. If you don't feel he can make the jump from NAIA to FCS fine, but don't question his character.

You are a disgrace to your institution.

Spoken like a true roid rager.

Just so you know, there have been people on this board in the past who were former Carrol players and THEY FLAT OUT ADMITTED that they knew people on their teams that juiced!

MVD* sounds RAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back