• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Matt Miller DECIDES ON...

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
...Matt Miller decides on Boise State.

From the Missoulian:

“It was a hard choice to tell coaches that I wasn’t going (to the other schools).

“Especially Montana and Montana State.”

The two Big Sky schools were the first to begin looking at the Capital High star his sophomore year. Still, he said he hadn’t decided on a school until Christmas Eve.

========================================================================================

I am jacked for Miller. He is going to be playing for a top 10 team, and could see early playing time on the BIG STAGE. GO get'em Matt!!! :clap: :thumb:

IntuitiveGriz said:
...Matt Miller decides on Boise State.

From the Missoulian:

“It was a hard choice to tell coaches that I wasn’t going (to the other schools).

“Especially Montana and Montana State.”

The two Big Sky schools were the first to begin looking at the Capital High star his sophomore year. Still, he said he hadn’t decided on a school until Christmas Eve.

========================================================================================

I am jacked for Miller. He is going to be playing for a top 10 team, and could see early playing time on the BIG STAGE. GO get'em Matt!!! :clap: :thumb:

Congrats to this kid. Awesome opportunity! :clap:

We're happy to have a Montana kid in Boise. The coaches give the true freshman a chance to earn their way onto the field but you're gonna have to be really good to play as a frosh.

Go Griz

Just remember Matt - The grass is always Bluer on the other side! Congratulations on your choice. But if you ever want more playing time, maybe pad the stats for the pro-scouts I'm sure Montana's door would be wide open!

He will be lucky to see much playing time as a Jr. MSU or UM 3 or 4 yr starter depending on if he is Red Shirted.

mtfats said:
He will be lucky to see much playing time as a Jr. MSU or UM 3 or 4 yr starter depending on if he is Red Shirted.
That's your opinion. Dwan Edwards went from Class B Columbus to Oregon St., had significant PT as a true freshman and started his last three years, was twice all PAC-10 and a second round draft pick. You cannot stereotype the ceiling of Montana's top prospects. There was no reason for Edwards to settle for small college FB; I suspect the same goes for Miller.

Why , indeed; I am willing to wager there are more Stanford NFL guys out there than are from Boise State; anyway good luck to him; your friend, Yogi

mtfats said:

He was told he could see the field as a Freshman. Interesting that Petrino flies up to see him and Harbaugh shows up unannounced at his front door and watches a Ravens game with him at his house. Rumor has it that he tried to call BH but, once the playoffs started, all the coaches stopped recruiting. he could not even get a hold of them. All 9 Boise coaches showed up at Capital to talk with him and when he could not contact UM, his choice was made......

The way Stanford looked this year, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Harbaugh turns them into a competitor relatively soon.

grizband said:
The way Stanford looked this year, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Harbaugh turns them into a competitor relatively soon.

Watch them beat Oklahoma ... the Sun Bowl is on right now.

putter said:
mtfats said:

He was told he could see the field as a Freshman. Interesting that Petrino flies up to see him and Harbaugh shows up unannounced at his front door and watches a Ravens game with him at his house. Rumor has it that he tried to call BH but, once the playoffs started, all the coaches stopped recruiting. he could not even get a hold of them. All 9 Boise coaches showed up at Capital to talk with him and when he could not contact UM, his choice was made......

The last part has no truth whatsoever. And its obvious that some people on this board don't understand all the variables that go into a decision like this and especially for Matt. I think he fully understands the opportunity that schools like Stanford offerred, but this was the best decision for him for a plethora of reasons. It's too bad some (who are uniformed) can't be happy for a Montana kid. It's hard to believe he goes to a top ten program, playing in huge bowl games every year, offers what he needs in school, within 7 hours of his home and that's on TV every week and gets criticized by folks who haven't seen any of the process. Frankly amazing.

mtfats said:

Are you a fool or just play one on EGriz? :lol:

loyalgriz said:
putter said:

The last part has no truth whatsoever. And its obvious that some people on this board don't understand all the variables that go into a decision like this and especially for Matt. I think he fully understands the opportunity that schools like Stanford offerred, but this was the best decision for him for a plethora of reasons. It's too bad some (who are uniformed) can't be happy for a Montana kid. It's hard to believe he goes to a top ten program, playing in huge bowl games every year, offers what he needs in school, within 7 hours of his home and that's on TV every week and gets criticized by folks who haven't seen any of the process. Frankly amazing.

loyal,

Where did you get that I was not happy for Matt? He deserves everything that comes his way and it is always great when Montana kids are given and FBS opportunity as it benefits the kids who come up after them. I may have worded it incorrectly but tell me, since you know it is incorrect, that after Boise coaches met with him that his decisioni was not made. he like Oregon St and his visit to Boise, and the coaches visit sold him. Tell me where I was incorrect in saying that he could not reach the Griz coaching staff....and I am not saying he would have picked the Griz anyway, just that he could not reach them (IMO BH knew he was leaving)

reed rothchild said:
grizband said:

Watch them beat Oklahoma ... the Sun Bowl is on right now.

Stanford just took the lead 14-10 in the 2nd. Harbaugh is building something special at Stanford, but he won't be there for much longer, bigger dogs will come calling.

I am happy for Matt, and he is going to play for a great program.

Stanford v. BSU........ I can only hope for that type of difficult decisions for my kids. That said, it would be hard to pass on the "non-football" opportunities a Stanford degree provides. It is difficult to find another school that takes care "of their own" like Stanford and its alumni do.

Best of luck Matt. I believe you will be a great representative for Montana at the next level!!!

putter said:
loyalgriz said:

loyal,

Where did you get that I was not happy for Matt? He deserves everything that comes his way and it is always great when Montana kids are given and FBS opportunity as it benefits the kids who come up after them. I may have worded it incorrectly but tell me, since you know it is incorrect, that after Boise coaches met with him that his decisioni was not made. he like Oregon St and his visit to Boise, and the coaches visit sold him. Tell me where I was incorrect in saying that he could not reach the Griz coaching staff....and I am not saying he would have picked the Griz anyway, just that he could not reach them (IMO BH knew he was leaving)

My point regarding you Putter was that you were implying that Matt couldn't reach hauck, therefore he chose somewhere else rather than the Griz........which is simply not the case. As for wishing Matt luck, I don't see anywhere in this thread where you wish him ill will. You are correct. Others were far more critical. And yes, he loved Oregon State.

As for Stanford, great place but things just weren't quite right for him there.

loyalgriz said:
putter said:
loyal,

My point regarding you Putter was that you were implying that Matt couldn't reach hauck, therefore he chose somewhere else rather than the Griz........which is simply not the case. As for wishing Matt luck, I don't see anywhere in this thread where you wish him ill will. You are correct. Others were far more critical. And yes, he loved Oregon State.

As for Stanford, great place but things just weren't quite right for him there.

thanks loyal,

That is why I apologized for a possible incorrect wording. I never meant to imply that he was going to Montana until he could not reach them but it was interesting the he couldn't (UNLV bound). I hope he sees the field net year for the Broncos

Back