• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ/WEBER thread

mtgrizrule

Congrats GRIZ and Weber State.

Bring on the wildcats!!!!!!!! You are next to go down to the GRIZ!

AJ verses Lillard.................lets get it on. I am EXCITED!

Oh hell yes, can it get any better. Where were all the diehard UM fans, Northern had you outnumbered
10-1. Battle Royale 7:05 DEC, Ogden Utah. :clap: :thumb:

Hey Lillard MVP - What about your 1/3 to 1/2 full house for the semi vs. Portland? Is wasn't impressed. Portland hits a few more FT's and doesn't have Waters go a little psycho at the end and there'd be a really small crowd to show off the BSC on ESPN tonight. Is Weber going to produce a decent crowd tonight?

I think Griz will give you all you can handle tonight. Go Griz!!

LillardMVP said:
Oh hell yes, can it get any better. Where were all the diehard UM fans, Northern had you outnumbered

Hey numbnuts, the announced attendance for your game wasn't exactly impressive. It is going to feel real good when the Griz cut down your nets. Given Weber State athletics is in deep shit, I will be happy to replace the nets for you chumps. :thumb:

Grizbacker1 said:
LillardMVP said:

Hey numbnuts, the announced attendance for your game wasn't exactly impressive. It is going to feel real good when the Griz cut down your nets. Given Weber State athletics is in deep shit, I will be happy to replace the nets for you chumps. :thumb:

Let me get this straight...

UM draws 2652 for their opening round playoff game at home. Weber draws 4,387 for their first home playoff game, and you feel the need to talk $hit about WSU's lack of attendance?

BTW: I'm happy that UM beat UNC last night, I hope they win tonight and are placed in Spokane for the 1st (and hopefully) 2nd round tourney games. Good luck to Tinkle and the crew tonight.

LillardMVP said:
The only thing Montana is going to be cutting is Tinkle, loose. Boyle outcoached the snot out of him, it was so apparent it wasn't even funny last night. Northern wins by 10 if Bietzel is in.

Bietzel was with them when the Griz beat them in Colorado.

If we are going to play "if blah happened you lose" then what would've happened to Weber last night had that BS 4th foul been called on Waters? Would he have been able to be a bit more aggressive in the 2nd half with his drives without worrying about getting called for another phantom charge? Did you see that 4th foul called on Waters? Weber had 14 fouls called against them and had 0 players with more than 3 fouls. UNC had 27 fouls called against them and 5 players foul out. Weber shot 31 free throws. UNC shot 17.

There are plenty of "what ifs" that could be thrown around in each game. What is Nelson was not hurt? would he have made the difference for PSU in that game? What if blah blah blah...

The fact is the Griz are playing Weber in the finals, and it should be a good game with two teams that deserve to be there both fighting for a spot in the NCAA tournament.

wbtfg said:
Grizbacker1 said:

Let me get this straight...

UM draws 2652 for their opening round playoff game at home. Weber draws 4,387 for their first home playoff game, and you feel the need to talk $hit about WSU's lack of attendance?

BTW: I'm happy that UM beat UNC last night, I hope they win tonight and are placed in Spokane for the 1st (and hopefully) 2nd round tourney games. Good luck to Tinkle and the crew tonight.

Hmm...any fanbase belittling another about crappy attendance numbers for basketball in the Big Sky Conference is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Some teams are slightly better with their support (UNC, WSU, UM and MSU come to mind) than others (my alma mater, NAU, included as well as PSU and Sac State) but still no reason to talk smack. Basketball is second fiddle in this conference to football and has nowhere near the hoops fanbase that other mid-major conferences like the Missouri Valley or even the WCC have.

Weber State should have sell out crowds due to the quality of hoops they produce and the tradition. But it doesn't happen. Could it be just the fact that it's a large metro area with multiple social options or that WSU has the Jazz/UofUtah/BYU/USU competing for time and $? Don't know the answer and obviously their marketing department doesn't either.

UofM should have better crowds due to their hoops success the past few years but it hasn't been the case either. Football gets big crowds and many of those people in the stands at Washington-Grizzly Stadium come from near and mostly far away to attend home football games but it's just one day a week and always on Saturdays. People can schedule around that. Can't schedule as easy around Friday and Saturday night basketball games.

People can bitch all they want about lackluster crowds but Wednesday night midweek games just won't draw the crowds whether it's for an NCAA spot or not. And I don't think it'd be any different if the game was being held in Missoula either.

Game time in 2+ hours.

After the second cat game I said I truly belived they wouldwin the conference and they have given me no reason to believe otherwise. Can't wait for tonight should be a great game weber is very tough but I think the griz finally get it and will win. If we come out the agressor from the opening tip everything else will take care of itself. If we win the boards, get to shooters and control lillard, control to's find our shooters and look to push for easy buckets in transition I think we will come out on top.

HAVE TO BE THE AGRESSOR FROM THE OPENING TIP!!!

Hey guys **** the naysayers we are behind you 100%!!! Now go prove them wrong and make us proud it is your time and you deserve it!!!

GO GRIZ GO!!!!!!!

Has the griz offense sucked this bad all year? Doesn't look like they run anything...same as last night.

Back