• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

AJ the God!!!

PeauxRouge said:
Come on, man, get off it. Boz has been fine in the past and will be fine in the future. Stop trying to push fans away from the Griz.

Actually, just trying to get people to support the team, and not diss them. Also, can't stand hypocrits who diss the team, and then try to jump back on the bandwagon after a big win. Personally, I would rather that they just stay away.

PlayerRep said:
PeauxRouge said:
Come on, man, get off it. Boz has been fine in the past and will be fine in the future. Stop trying to push fans away from the Griz.

Actually, just trying to get people to support the team, and not diss them. Also, can't stand hypocrits who diss the team, and then try to jump back on the bandwagon after a big win. Personally, I would rather that they just stay away.

There are peaks and valleys to the Griz's or any other team's season. There are good games, and bad games. Ups and downs. To think that fan's reactions to those games shouldn't also wax and wane is completely unrealistic.
:twocents:

Let's not foRget tHe man who lit the fuse that led to the explosion we all witnessed tonight. None other than bobcat starting point guard marquis navarre. Marquis by telling aj he wasn't clutch you turned him into a clutch shot scoring machine capped off with a record setting performance and a BSC chipper and MVP. So thank you Marquis. Thank you.

MtTarheel said:
Let's not foRget tHe man who lit the fuse that led to the explosion we all witnessed tonight. None other than bobcat starting point guard marquis navarre. Marquis by telling aj he wasn't clutch you turned him into a clutch shot scoring machine capped off with a record setting performance and a BSC chipper and MVP. So thank you Marquis. Thank you.

Must have missed that quote. When did that happen?

PlayerRep said:
PeauxRouge said:

clap.gif

Preach on my brother! I've got friends that didn't watch a single game who were texting me "We're going dancing, we're going dancing".PATHETIC!!!!!!!!

Right.....because you seven guys who are in here posting all the time are the only people keeping up with the team.

And we all know that posting on egriz is the only way to show support. You guys are a laugh, get real. :lol:

Don't knw about that quote but I like that the Weber player, after the late season loss to the Griz, telling AJ on the court after the game, "At least we are still number one". It is that kind of stuff that will stick with someone like AJ and provide that little extra lift when he needs it most. As the song goes: "You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask of the ol' Long Ranger" and (apparently) "you don't mess around with AJ". It doesn't have quite the same poetic value as the original but once again it illustrates that you are being really dumb if you choose to "wake the sleeping dog". Just don't go there... And thank you to anyone who decided it wouldn't hurt to prod Mr Johnson.

I was just thinking the same thing about Marquis N. His remarks to AJ during the first cat win were something like, "you're not clutch." I wonder if MN watched AJ's meager contributions to a Griz win on national TV last night. Thanks, Marquis, for your mad motivational skills. :cool:

PeauxRouge said:
MtTarheel said:

Must have missed that quote. When did that happen?

When shaking hands after the first cat game . AJ missed a few free throws down the stretch. Marquis told him he wasn't clutch. They both Acknowleged the fact that he said it in the post game interviews. AJ said he was right and that he would use it as motivation. Apparently it worked he's been averaging like 25 or 26 a night since. So yeah thanks marquis watch him on CBS AJ will be the one dancing.

I looked up the Missoulian story on the incident. I believe it was the match that lit the fuse for AJ on the second half of this season.........

"Sandwiched between Johnson's trey and Navarre's layup was a rare missed free throw by Griz senior guard Anthony Johnson. It was the second front end of a one-and-one Johnson had missed in the space of two minutes. Navarre made sure Johnson felt even worse.

"He said ‘You're not clutch, you're coming up short in all the big games,' " Johnson said. "And some of that's true. Last year I was making all the plays, making all the right decisions, but for some reason this year I've declined. I have to get back to putting in the extra time. I have to watch film and get back to the basics."

Navarre confirmed the trash talk.

"It was just to give him something to think about," Navarre said. "He's a great player; he lit us up last year. It was just something for him to think about to finish the game."

Back