• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcat games to be broadcast in HD

When the Griz beat them as usual, the tears streaming down their faces and the obscene gestures by their fans in stunning clarity will be priceless. Let's only hope the audio will be as good so we can hear the foul chats by the fans in surround sound. Yes this should do wonders for the image of Bobscat football.

Why is it that the :laugh: kitten broadcasting team never wants to broadcast the Griz / kitten game?

:whocares:

I love all this Bobcat Envy! This is really getting to you all .. wow ... I guess it is that Freud complex most Griz fans have :) I can see why it would sting so much then. I guess the only thing HD Griz fans will be getting is HD ordering monitors while working at McDonalds when they graduate :lol:

WILD_CAT said:
I love all this Bobcat Envy! This is really getting to you all .. wow ... I guess it is that Freud complex most Griz fans have :) I can see why it would sting so much then. I guess the only thing HD Griz fans will be getting is HD ordering monitors while working at McDonalds when they graduate :lol:

The fast food joke. How orginal. I guess out of the box thinking doesn't happen with an MSU tech degree.

kemajic said:
I'm not so sure O'Day is that interested in providing Griz fans a better alternative to not attending the game. If so, it's short-sighted. Kids in MT watch college football on TV because many are not able to get to games. Many pick college allegences from inputs like this. UM should work very hard to better recreate its gametime atmosphere for the TV crowd. It sells itself. Many older folks can't get out and can only watch TV; older folks also die and some leave cash to their college of choice.

Possibly O'Day likes the crummy broadcasts because it's difficult for the viewer to see who we're playing....

I think the broadcast contracts are with the Big Sky Conference, so I dont think O'Day has anything to do with it other than accepting the media check from the conference.

KPAX seems to want to broadcast your game really bad so the bid high to be sure to get them. Maxmedia bids lower but this gives them more money to put into the production. If um wants better media production I think you need to get rid of the KPAX guy, hes an idiot anyway so its no great loss.

Cats2506 said:
kemajic said:
I'm not so sure O'Day is that interested in providing Griz fans a better alternative to not attending the game. If so, it's short-sighted. Kids in MT watch college football on TV because many are not able to get to games. Many pick college allegences from inputs like this. UM should work very hard to better recreate its gametime atmosphere for the TV crowd. It sells itself. Many older folks can't get out and can only watch TV; older folks also die and some leave cash to their college of choice.

Possibly O'Day likes the crummy broadcasts because it's difficult for the viewer to see who we're playing....

I think the broadcast contracts are with the Big Sky Conference, so I dont think O'Day has anything to do with it other than accepting the media check from the conference.

KPAX seems to want to broadcast your game really bad so the bid high to be sure to get them. Maxmedia bids lower but this gives them more money to put into the production. If um wants better media production I think you need to get rid of the KPAX guy, hes an idiot anyway so its no great loss.

Wrong as usual dipwad, the individual Athletic departments set out bids for the regular season games television rights! Each Conference has second rights on the playoffs after the NCAA tries selling the playoffs to National or Regional outlets! ie ESPN or Altitude
I take it that like most kittens, you must not have ever taken a buisness or economics class?
Bids are driven by advertising income not by production quality :roll:

The cost of a 30 second add on a Griz game generates
more than double the income of the same add on a kitty game! :lol: :lol:

Hammer said:
WILD_CAT said:
Bobcats in HD! At least Griz fans can keep track of the Cats in HD while they try and distinguish where the football is on the KPAX broadcasting. It's going to be sweet!

Hmmmm lets see. Games in HD and a .500 football team or shitty broadcasts and a team that will make the playoffs and compete for the NC every year?? Hmm................... :lol:

Hmmm. I'm trying to remember the last time we went .500. I think we've had winning seasons for almost a decade. And since you've turned this into a smack thread... let's be honest here. Sure you've MADE the final a game a few times... but because you were outside the comfy confines of your stadium... you really haven't competed much for the title. :lol: :lol: :lol:

poorgriz said:
Hmmm. I'm trying to remember the last time we went .500. I think we've had winning seasons for almost a decade. And since you've turned this into a smack thread... let's be honest here. Sure you've MADE the final a game a few times... but because you were outside the comfy confines of your stadium... you really haven't competed much for the title. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Funny, the Bobcats can really only pray that they can compete enough with the Griz to see a 21-23 final

poorgriz said:
Sure you've MADE the final a game a few times... but because you were outside the comfy confines of your stadium... you really haven't competed much for the title. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's what you have for smack? weak There are a lot of things that you can attack but blaming the "friendly confines" of Washington Grizzly Stadium is lame. Last time I checked, every team has their own stadium and could have played it as much as the Griz if they had continued to win like the Griz. So essentially you are knocking the Griz for continuing to win... Oh, no, not that, please no, it hurts so much.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
They are broadcast in HD? Yawnnnnnnn it's just the bobcats.

Then why post if Yawn. I love all these Who Cares posts, but they posted and the thread is on EGRiZ. Enjoy the HD games this year Griz Nation :) The two broadcasts are going to look night and day apart :)

WILD_CAT said:
Enjoy the HD games this year Griz Nation

I will very much enjoy the national semifinal and national championship games on ESPN in HD, Thank you very much! :lol: :lol:

This is yet another reason that UM is not prepared to move up.

(I'm taking a page from the mover-uppers playbook. Have you noticed how some of them try to turn every development/situation into another reason to move up?)

poorgriz said:
Hammer said:
Hmmmm lets see. Games in HD and a .500 football team or shitty broadcasts and a team that will make the playoffs and compete for the NC every year?? Hmm................... :lol:

You better hope the season starts pretty soon. This decade still includes the 2000 Bobcats, the Cats went 0-11. 0-11. Zero wins, including a loss to powerhouse Humboldt State.

If we're being honest, making it to the NC game 7 times in 15 years and losing 5 times isn't anywhere near as impressive as losing every game in a single season.

It's sort of hard to leave the comfy confines of Wash/Griz when you consistently draw a top 2 playoff seed. Unfortunately for you, that won't happen for MSU until the Griz are long gone from the Big Sky.

Now this is all the back in 2008, so you probably don't know about it, but here is Montana playing away from the the comfy confines of Wash/Griz at #1 JMU:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LzOnH-34to[/youtube]

msuhunter said:
I'm sure the griz will get their quality broadcast when they go 2-9 in the WAC.
Still better than 0-11

In the Big Sky

Dammit, I'm helping my own thread get hijacked

If the Griz can't get better FB TV coverage as one of the two/three best teams in the FCS, I don't know how it's going to improve if they are a mid-level (i.e., 6-5) team in the FBS.

'68griz said:
If the Griz can't get better FB TV coverage as one of the two/three best teams in the FCS, I don't know how it's going to improve if they are a mid-level (i.e., 6-5) team in the FBS.

What is God's name are you talking about? We would have BETTER TV coverage in the WAC, that's what those "TV contracts" are. Is that really that hard of a concept for people to figure out?

The teams in the WAC are BETTER than the Big Sky. That means the games will be better. The other teams in the WAC actually have fans, that means other people will actually care to watch the games and will come to Missoula to see their teams play and will spend money in Missoula. Don't you want to see better players in Missoula? Don't you want a shot at the top tier Montana talent that we miss out on? Sure 6-5 might be optimistic for a while, but maybe not. Our advantage at Wash/griz isn't going to go away just because we're in a better conference. The Griz will still be very hard to beat at home.

Don't you guys want to throw some gas on the Idaho rivalry fire? Don't you want to go to Hawaii and Tahoe every other year?

It just seems like people would rather watch the Griz die on the vine before they ever get a chance to grow the brand.

WILD_CAT said:
Hmmm, lets see a whole post on Bobcats being broadcast in HD on EGRiZ. Enjoy watching your blurred purple/pink telecast on KPAX this year :)

Lets be honest, if the ABC affiliates could televise Griz games they would drop the boobcat games like a bag of $hit!

Richard Cranium said:
WILD_CAT said:
Hmmm, lets see a whole post on Bobcats being broadcast in HD on EGRiZ. Enjoy watching your blurred purple/pink telecast on KPAX this year :)

Lets be honest, if the ABC affiliates could televise Griz games they would drop the boobcat games like a bag of $hit!

Absolutely the truth!!! :thumb:

Back