• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dave Dickenson, Montana's next head coach...

Griz Growler

Super Dave vack at the controls
Dickenson admits he's somewhat enamored with the idea of coaching in college. He likes the constant change and favors living in a smaller-sized town.

He hasn't ruled out the Griz head coaching job down the line. But he can't think of too many college jobs that are more stressful at this point.

"Talk about pressure," he said. "I've got my fingers crossed for Coach (Robin) Pflugrad.

"You're not always going to have the best players, but as a fan the expectations are at a certain level. I think Montana right now is one of the toughest coaching jobs there is."..........Full story at http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/article_7fa978ac-768c-11df-a90d-001cc4c002e0.html

Not that I am hoping for this but... If Phlu tanks the GRiz for a few years then the pressure will be off for whoever follows and maybe by the Super Dave will be ready to give it a shot?

Even if Dickenson came into the job with the previous coach doing terrible, the expectations for him would still be sky-high.

Pflugrad will do just fine. And then, if DD is still coaching, he could get a look.

grizpack said:
Pflugrad will do just fine. And then, if DD is still coaching, he could get a look.
I think he would be well served to come to Montana as an offensive coordinator and get his feet under him a little bit, then move up to a head coaching position.

Back