• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Nation!!

pj8556

Got this in an email, not sure the source:

South Dakota State quarterback Thomas O'Brien made friends in Griz Nation when, after the Jackrabbits lost 17-3 at No. 6 Nebraska Saturday, he said Memorial Stadium in Lincoln wasn't as intimidating as some.

"Coming here, we thought this would be the loudest crowd we've ever faced," he told the Omaha World-Herald. "But I'd say Montana was quite a bit louder."

O'Brien played in the classic 61-48 playoff game that SDSU lost at Montana last December.

Eddy, Northern Colorado's defensive leader, can also attest to Washington-Grizzly Stadium's decibel level. Michigan State's Spartan Stadium isn't close.

"Montana was a lot louder," Eddy said.

pj8556 said:

South Dakota State quarterback Thomas O'Brien made friends in Griz Nation when, after the Jackrabbits lost 17-3 at No. 6 Nebraska Saturday, he said Memorial Stadium in Lincoln wasn't as intimidating as some.

"Coming here, we thought this would be the loudest crowd we've ever faced," he told the Omaha World-Herald. "But I'd say Montana was quite a bit louder."

O'Brien played in the classic 61-48 playoff game that SDSU lost at Montana last December.

Eddy, Northern Colorado's defensive leader, can also attest to Washington-Grizzly Stadium's decibel level. Michigan State's Spartan Stadium isn't close.

As much as I'd LOVE to believe the email you received... it's all hearsay without a source. :(

On the other hand, I did hear from a friend who told me his cousin's best friend is Pflu's Astrologer. According to what I was told, the Griz won't be hindered by the lackluster crowd in Colorado. According to Chase Reynolds, he's heard quiter crowds in Malta.

The down side of the Astrologer's conversation was if the Griz don't clean their turnover shitE up this weekend they will end up 2-3.

Shakermaker said:
pj8556 said:

As much as I'd LOVE to believe the email you received... it's all hearsay without a source. :(

On the other hand, I did hear from a friend who told me his cousin's best friend is Pflu's Astrologer. According to what I was told, the Griz won't be hindered by the lackluster crowd in Colorado. According to Chase Reynolds, he's heard quiter crowds in Malta.

The down side of the Astrologer's conversation was if the Griz don't clean their turnover shitE up this weekend they will end up 2-3.
http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/article_3d4d0512-cb84-11df-8154-001cc4c03286.html

I can't comment on the crowd noise in WA Griz, as I have never been there... But I have witness accounts of such debauchery... All I remember is Dornblaser... That being said, from what I have heard of the awesome WA Griz stadium, I can compare what I do know to Quest Field...

And in my old age, I have decided to finally cut ties with the NW and move back to me homeland... Albeit probably Helena, but I will be the desperate tailgater looking for tickets outside WA Griz... Trust me, I will be a scalpers dream to get into the HEAVEN I have for so long denied myself of :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cuervohola said:
I can't comment on the crowd noise in WA Griz, as I have never been there... But I have witness accounts of such debauchery... All I remember is Dornblaser... That being said, from what I have heard of the awesome WA Griz stadium, I can compare what I do know to Quest Field...

And in my old age, I have decided to finally cut ties with the NW and move back to me homeland... Albeit probably Helena, but I will be the desperate tailgater looking for tickets outside WA Griz... Trust me, I will be a scalpers dream to get into the HEAVEN I have for so long denied myself of :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
hey Cuervohola, that is good news and welcome home! Give me a shout sometime if you can't find any tickets, I will try and help you out, and they won't be "scalped"! :thumb:

Cuervohola said:

It's never too difficult to find tickets at the game, usually their are several people with a ticket or a couple by the walking bridge as people are coming over. They seem to just be trying to unload at market price and not trying to make a profit.

pj8556 said:

You have to take all this with a grain of salt - or maybe even a whole salt lick. It wasn't too loud at WA-Griz when we played Western State. I would imagine that those stadiums above are a lot louder when they are playing a real opponent. It is kind of like Autzen Stadium - if people think that Autzen is not that loud because of their (only) experience was when the Griz played there, then they are sorely mistaken.

The crowd rises to the occasion...

Back