• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NAU vs Montana Game

As was shown through our strong performance against MSU The Jacks are the top team in the Big Sky to contend with. We will once again prove our defensive dominance by shutting down the grizzlspit, and running it down their throats with the best freshman in the country. The griz have shown nothing impressive this season, and are overrated just as Montana State was. Booyah

JACKyouUP13 said:
if you think the Jacks are gonna be intimidated in the least bit then you have another thing coming. We play in packed stadiums every single year, so there is nothing troublesome about WGS. Your sub-par offense won't score more than 17 points on Saturday. NAU wins against ANOTHER overrated team 31-17!

I don't think you guys will be 'intimidated' by WGS..but you have to admit you haven't exactly had luck winning here either :) The last time you won in Missoula was 1986... Wow.... According to Wikipedia WGS opened on Oct 18th 1986. Your last win in Missoula was Sept 27th 1986... Hm....

So...how many NAU players were even alive the last time NAU beat the Griz in Missoula? Hell, most of them probably weren't even 10 years old the last time NAU beat the Griz in Flagstaff!

Don't think though that I think it's a guaranteed win for the Griz.. NAU is very good this year, and the Griz do have some issues that still need to be worked out... I just pointed out the above to show that we've all probably heard for many years now how "THIS" was going to be the year that NAU beat the Griz, without there being many results to back it up.

As was pointed out in another thread, back in 2008, some NAU fans on here said the Griz wouldn't be able to run against NAU's great defense. The Griz put up over 230 yards rushing with a 5+ per carry average against NAU that year in a 45-10 blowout. So the trash talk and guarantees that NAU is going to stop the Griz "sub-par" offense has gotten to be about as predictable as the Cat fans whining about injuries causing their typical mid-season meltdowns :D

All trash talk aside...here's hoping for a good game with no serious injuries! Hopefully both of our teams will be in the playoffs this year and will represent the Big Sky well!

While I find some of the new NAU fans here to be lacking in decorum, I am stoked to see that a few Jacks fans at least give a crap enough to post. Welcome, crash, gojacks, pinkpuffypajamas, jackyouup and other assorted aliases. Your enthusiasm may be loud but it is appreciated.

The Griz aren't the dominant beast everyone is used to. They have had screw ups much more often this year than we are all accustomed to. They turn the ball over at alarming rates. Their run game has been erratic and they've lost 2 road games and gutted out tough wins vs. Sacramento State and Portland State. Are the Griz truly down a bit, has the rest of the Big Sky Conference improved or is it a little bit of both? THe end of the season will decide.

Then again, the fact is history does not bode well for the Lumberjacks @ Washington-Grizzly Stadium. The fact is that the noise and crowd is good for a few false starts and miscues for road teams. The fact is the Griz have won the Big Sky championship for ages. The fact is the Griz have beat the Griz every year since (what) 1996.

But it's also apparent that a talented, hungry Lumberjacks team is coming to Missoula this weekend with a good a shot as any at winning there. A team that may have looked pretty crummy one week vs. EWU then was crazy on-the-ball vs. MSU the next week. Erratic, perhaps, but able to do some really good things as a team. If you can't see that then you're lacking in the ability to take an objective look at sports.

Lumberjack2 said:
I'm not going to talk any trash just because that never does good. I think that we are going to have on helluva match up on Saturday. I know for a fact that this game is going to be close. I think that NAU is going to continue with their spread attack, mainly pounding the ball inside. But for sure Montana is gonna be tossing it around. Both teams are championship contenders this year, but I think the job mix up this winter has made Montana a little bit confused. Last year was just as good as a game as this year will be. I think that our defense is gonna fly around the ball and disrupt Montana's offense. This will be a great game, and since I am a homer, I will say NAU wins 35-28.

my best Hermes: It will either be close or it won't be.
Also: NAU will either win 35-28 or they won't.

Griz win 31-28. Defense plays well but gives up a cheesy one because of a turnover. Offense plays better in the friendly confines.

Obnoxious NAU fan is right, griz don't rush for over 100, but they don't need to. Roper and the offense has a big day. Throws for over 300 hundred and chase gets 70. NAU fans tout their unbelievable rushing defense but do not bring up the final score. Some griz fans rejoice, some bitch...all breathe.

jagur1 said:
Are you kidding me? I've been on this site for a long long time and this is the first NAU fan ever to show up. I didn't even know the lumberjacks had any fans. Unless it's just one of Alpha's 52 user names.

Its up to 61 now.

GOJACKS2010 said:
. Oooooohhhh ahhhhhhhh WaGriz "Michael herrick has never seen anything like what he will see on Saturday" bahahahahahhahahahahahahahah. I am pretty sure if we can hold the Sun Devils to under 70 rushing yards, we can hold the University of Montana to under 100. Im sure there is going to be some response "Oh but you didnt play the sun devils in WaGriz, then it would be a different story." And to the genius who said "and you lost all those games" when referring to NAU vs. UofA, ASU, and Ole Miss, I'm SURE the Griz would have won those games right? Bahhahahah. NAU wins in a close one Saturday and Souers breaks the curse. Wagriz- The TOUGHEST place to play on EARTH! The Oregon Ducks would LOSE in WaGriz! Bahaahhhahaahhahahahahhhhh
Fight Fight Fight for NAU,
Take the ball and follow through,
lead the blue and gold to fame,
as we win another game,
cheer, cheer cheer for nau,
we want a victory,
so fight, fight, fight with all your might because
we want a victory tonight!

Wow, I just had a flashback. Reminded my of reading my 13 y.o. daughters facebook page last night. Grow up and act like you have some social skills. I would think that most griz fans have the utmost respect for what the jacks have accomplished this year and also respect the talent level they have ALWAYS had. That being said, home field advantage in college football means so much more than at any other level. Last weeks game played in bozeman would have a different score. Maybe the same outcome, but not necessarily the score. NAU could very well win this weekend. In fact, given turnovers and mental lapses that have not really improved by the griz this year, I would actually put NAU as the favorite. Show some maturity and come on AFTER the game and then gloat. Or better yet, come on after the game and congratulate us on a win.

I think this game goes much like the PSU game. Defense first half and offense second half. Griz win 27-24.

I have the utmost respect for Jerome Souers, who i think is an underrated coach and has done the best with lackluster circumstances.

I have the utmost respect for NAU's players,Herrick is very talented and that might be the best D NAU has had in a long time.

I have no respect for bandwagon fans who come out of the woodwork when their team is an earth shattering 4-2. Take that weak junk somewhere else.

GOJACKS2010 said:
. I am pretty sure if we can hold the Sun Devils to under 70 rushing yards, we can hold the University of Montana to under 100.
I'm pretty sure if you give us 391 passing yards, not only will we not need to run for a hundred, but we will sh!t stomp you.

crashNAU88 said:
BTW I love how you Montana fans believe that WGS is the greatest and toughest place to play on Earth...Our players have played Ole Miss, Arizona St., Univ. of Arizona....Pac 10 and SEC...I think we can handle it haha

Have you ever been inside Wa-Griz on game day? Until you have, perhaps you should refrain from commenting on it or the fans inside.

Crash88NAU - Perhaps that is why your players have handled being in Wa-Griz so well in the past..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love how some of you Griz fans continue to point out the fact that we haven't won in WGS in a while! Is that all you guys can talk about is history? Here's what it comes down to.....NAU has a much better team than they have had in year's past and Montana is a lot weaker than they have been in year's past. If you honestly believe you're going to throw for over 300 yards on our defense then you have another thing coming. Perhaps if you didn't make all your predictions in a vacuum then maybe you would be able to open up and realize that you have your hands full with one of the best defenses in the FCS. I resent anyone calling any one of us on here a bandwagoner because when it comes down to it, we care enough about our team to post our thoughts about the game and give you guys some insight to our team since you clearly have no idea what we're all about.....well some of you do and I respect you for that, but if you only put up 23 points on PSU then how are you going to get anywhere near that against a much better defense and all-around team!? Talk is cheap Griz fans.....you'll see Saturday that your reign atop the Big Sky is done! GO JACKS!!

JACKyouUP13 said:
I love how some of you Griz fans continue to point out the fact that we haven't won in WGS in a while! Is that all you guys can talk about is history? Here's what it comes down to.....NAU has a much better team than they have had in year's past and Montana is a lot weaker than they have been in year's past. If you honestly believe you're going to throw for over 300 yards on our defense then you have another thing coming. Perhaps if you didn't make all your predictions in a vacuum then maybe you would be able to open up and realize that you have your hands full with one of the best defenses in the FCS. I resent anyone calling any one of us on here a bandwagoner because when it comes down to it, we care enough about our team to post our thoughts about the game and give you guys some insight to our team since you clearly have no idea what we're all about.....well some of you do and I respect you for that, but if you only put up 23 points on PSU then how are you going to get anywhere near that against a much better defense and all-around team!? Talk is cheap Griz fans.....you'll see Saturday that your reign atop the Big Sky is done! GO JACKS!!

I know you guys are close to Mexico but damn you gotta quit smoking that Schwag.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny. Griz have a bad year and still compete for the title. Yea i'm sure our "reign" is coming to an end. We'll just start another one. These new Jack fans (not including MTjack) only come to talk trash after a big win over MSU.

We're like the New York Yankees of FCS Football. Everybody hates us, we're always overrated, and somehow we still win. :thumb:

crashNAU88 said:
BTW I love how you Montana fans believe that WGS is the greatest and toughest place to play on Earth...Our players have played Ole Miss, Arizona St., Univ. of Arizona....Pac 10 and SEC...I think we can handle it haha
There is a big difference. To those teams, they don't give a rip about n eh u. WAGRIZ knows what is at stake and the crowd will be more amped up this weekend then they will all year except for Griz-Cat. Go back and look at what happened to WSU last year and you will get some of what to expect on Saturday. BTW, I am glad to see n eh u has one enthusiastic fan out there that actually watches football. It is a pathetic football fanbase! Hopefully you can come experience the game. I would be happy to buy you a beer if you are in Missoula after our win.

My bad...4 enthusiastic fans. HO HUM!

I would say that the crowd needs to be thoroughly wound up for this game, I think we need to provide maximum home field advantage!

mcg said:
I would say that the crowd needs to be thoroughly wound up for this game, I think we need to provide maximum home field advantage!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I am sure this has been brought up many times, but you do know why our fanbase is MUCH smaller than yours right? Its because you compete with the southeastern Montana Tech division 2 troutfishing team, while we compete with ASU, UofA, arizona cardinals, phoenix suns, arizona diamondbacks, and the phoenix coyotes. Leave it to the average Joe and they would rather watch ASU vs. USC, rather than NAU vs. Montana State. But in Montana, average sports fan Joe wakes up and says"hmmmm.... I could either go to the grizzlies football game, or go watch the troutfishing squad take on Idaho Community College in a very heated matchup." I am pretty sure if NAU was the only big University in the state that we could pull 25,000 fans.

Back