• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tate Forcier rumors

dayday

DONOR
Just wondering if he is actually considering coming to the University of Montana or is this just a crazy rumor? Does anybody know if any FBS QB transfers are considering coming here? I think we most definitely need a transfer like that to make better competition in camp.

As a Michigan fan I would be excited if he did come here, he is a good QB & would fit into Pflu's system.

But I don't why he would transfer. True he started his entire freshman season but Denard Robinson has proven to be injury prone in Rich Rods system & Forcier got a lot of PT this year. Plus if Rich Rod is fired Denard might not even fit into the future coaches system, especially if he is replaced by Harbaugh.

IF Rich Rod keeps his job Forcier is third string next year behind Denard and Devon Gardner. Nobody in Ann Arbor expects him to stay if that is the case. Flacco dropped down and has done pretty well for himself.

Evizzerate has a very good read on this. If Rrod stays, Forcier is elsewhere. Let's hope with the GRIZ!

To add, I have heard two variations as for the GRIZ, and cannot confirm if either is true or not.

(1) Montana has been contacted, and he has already visited
(2) Montana has been contacted, and campus visit hinges on the outcome of RRod.

Either way, it sounds like a campus visit is likely. I have a feeling if it that is the case, our chances will be good. Maybe someone closer to the program can confirm, deny, or add more info on this.

From the interesting facts dept. - Wikipedia says, "He made news by posting his Oregon Ducks football scholarship letter from Mike Bellotti as well as other letters on his www.qbforce.com website. The text of the Bellotti letter that was on his website said that the "offer is made in good faith," but that, "If this offer is not accepted by a date which is agreeable to us, the agreement may have to be altered with additional scholarships." He is considered the first high school football player to post his scholarship offer letters on the internet."

Man, talk about a narcissistic family. And.. how the hell do you spell Joe Paterno's name wrong on the front page of the website??

MrTitleist said:
Man, talk about a narcissistic family. And.. how the hell do you spell Joe Paterno's name wrong on the front page of the website??
I was wondering about that, as well. So, who is Forcier and why should we care? Seriously...I could Google it, but I am curious...is he presently at Michigan? Not impressive if he is...

GrizLA said:
MrTitleist said:
I was wondering about that, as well. So, who is Forcier and why should we care? Seriously...I could Google it, but I am curious...is he presently at Michigan? Not impressive if he is...
Google it.

kemajic said:
GrizLA said:
MrTitleist said:
Google it.
ok, I did...how would this guy fit in with the present coach's scheme? I don't see his value to UM, at this stage.

GrizLA said:
kemajic said:
GrizLA said:
MrTitleist said:
Google it.
ok, I did...how would this guy fit in with the present coach's scheme? I don't see his value to UM, at this stage.
Perfectly.

GrizLA said:
MrTitleist said:

We got some real sports fans on this site, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Craig Ochs and J.D. Quinn were two drop downs that come to mind who came to UM and played with intense loyalty to the team. Other drop downs haven't fared so well because they were prima donna glamor boys who felt like their butts had to be kissed exactly to their liking before blessing us with their glorious presence. The first thing that has to be in place is all out dedication to be a member of the team. I have my doubts about this case. Please recruit some players is all I ask, we've had enough of the showboats.

TxGriz said:
Craig Ochs and J.D. Quinn were two drop downs that come to mind who came to UM and played with intense loyalty to the team. Other drop downs haven't fared so well because they were prima donna glamor boys who felt like their butts had to be kissed exactly to their liking before blessing us with their glorious presence. The first thing that has to be in place is all out dedication to be a member of the team. I have my doubts about this case. Please recruit some players is all I ask, we've had enough of the showboats.

We've also recently had quite a few guys that were great contributors to the team transfer in, guys like Allen, Green, Duncan, Moutra, Russum, Swogger, Chambers, LaMantia and more. Actually I can only think of a few prima-donnas that were pretty well publicized Rodamer, Kessman, and there was some DB from Arizona - can't even recall his name now.

I think that the bigger question for any drop-down is that was he just not good in the system he was previously playing for/buried in depth/etc, OR has he just not worked out at the college ranks/not that good/hampered by continuous injury.

We've seen more transfers simply not work out rather than come in here expecting preferrential treatment.

dub-foncy said:
GrizLA said:
MrTitleist said:

We got some real sports fans on this site, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
And he's right from the guy's backyard in San Diego....

Re/MaxGriz said:
TxGriz said:

We've also recently had quite a few guys that were great contributors to the team transfer in, guys like Allen, Green, Duncan, Moutra, Russum, Swogger, Chambers, LaMantia and more. Actually I can only think of a few prima-donnas that were pretty well publicized Rodamer, Kessman, and there was some DB from Arizona - can't even recall his name now.

Swogger was a joke, just sayin'

? One drive from another NC appearance makes him a joke? He probably had the most powerfull arm we have seen here in Missoula.

Forshizzlegrizzle said:
? One drive from another NC appearance makes him a joke? He probably had the most powerfull arm we have seen here in Missoula.

Agree 100%. Swogger took us to the Semi-Finals in his first and only year here. That's pretty damn good.

Dexter X said:
Forshizzlegrizzle said:

Agree 100%. Swogger took us to the Semi-Finals in his first and only year here. That's pretty damn good.

Not my fave, but I would take him over this year's drop-down.

Back