• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tate Forcier rumors

Which Swogger because there was more than one and you never knew which one was suited up. He did have a lot of talent though.

grizfan95 said:
Swogger was a joke, just sayin'

Swogger was not a joke. That guy could flat out throw the ball, and did it well. One more year in this system and I think we'd be talking about him in the same regard as Ochs. :twocents:

Unwrittengriz said:
As a Michigan fan I would be excited if he did come here, he is a good QB & would fit into Pflu's system.

But I don't why he would transfer. True he started his entire freshman season but Denard Robinson has proven to be injury prone in Rich Rods system & Forcier got a lot of PT this year. :shock: Plus if Rich Rod is fired Denard might not even fit into the future coaches system :shock: , especially if he is replaced by Harbaugh.
I have a feeling any coach in the country could fit a Heisman candidate qb into their system.

Griz Growler said:
Unwrittengriz said:
As a Michigan fan I would be excited if he did come here, he is a good QB & would fit into Pflu's system.

But I don't why he would transfer. True he started his entire freshman season but Denard Robinson has proven to be injury prone in Rich Rods system & Forcier got a lot of PT this year. :shock: Plus if Rich Rod is fired Denard might not even fit into the future coaches system :shock: , especially if he is replaced by Harbaugh.
I have a feeling any coach in the country could fit a Heisman candidate qb into their system.

I don't think Denard could ever be a pocket passer....

rgrizfan said:
Griz Growler said:
Unwrittengriz said:

I don't think Denard could ever be a pocket passer....

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Which Swogger because there was more than one and you never knew which one was suited up. He did have a lot of talent though.
Of course, when he was suited up as the one from Billings, he was All-World! :lol:

Ochs is the exception and not the rule when dealing with drop down QBs. Forcier might be great but when QBs are dropping down it seems like a red flag. Other position drop downs have fared pretty well with the Griz but I will not be blinded by the name of the school a kid comes from or his name. I could care less. I got burned by that once. If he couldn't cut it at Michigan why is he going to be better for the GRIZ? Case in point, OH MY GOD! WE GOT JUSTIN ROPER AND HE PLAYED FOR THE DUCKS!! How well did that work out?

BusterMartin said:
Ochs is the exception and not the rule when dealing with drop down QBs. Forcier might be great but when QBs are dropping down it seems like a red flag. Other position drop downs have fared pretty well with the Griz but I will not be blinded by the name of the school a kid comes from or his name. I could care less. If he couldn't cut it at Michigan why is he going to be better for the GRIZ? Case in point, OH MY GOD! WE GOT JUSTIN ROPER AND HE PLAYED FOR THE DUCKS!! How well did that work out?

Justin Roper did not start an entire season as a true freshman. Not on the same planet as Forcier. Plus Forcier fits our system unlike Roper. Not saying Forcier will be an All-American but to imply that bringing him in to compete would be a bad move for our program is ridiculous.

I'm not saying Forcier doesn't have the skills or the ability to be a star at Montana. But, I don't like what I've read of his attitude, and those kinds of prima donna attitudes are PRECISELY the reason I am always very wary of dropdowns, and especially of dropdown QBs. Ochs didn't come with an attitude; neither did Drew Miller. I'll take that kind of dropdown, but they are, I fear, few and very far between.

MrTitleist said:
grizfan95 said:
Swogger was a joke, just sayin'

Swogger was not a joke. That guy could flat out throw the ball, and did it well. One more year in this system and I think we'd be talking about him in the same regard as Ochs. :twocents:
i dont think one more year would have made him any more accurate having a gun slinger doesnt = nc 54% and did it well he should still be playing on sundays because he has an nfl type arm just a little high or low means no catch

IF he comes and its a big if, let his game day work speak or its self. Then say if you like the kid. The griz have done good by the drop down QB. How many games did Swogger lose as the QB for the Griz.

As someone who has seen both QBs - Kemp and Forcier in person - Kemp is better suited to run QB position for the Spread Option than Forcier. Forcier ended up at Michigan the same way his brothers ended up at UCLA, etc - great marketing by the parents, playing at schools and in leagues were competition was suspect and stats could be easily racked up, and paying the Scout.com and Rival.com memberships which help with marketing making them look very attractive.

Kemp is bigger, stronger and faster than Forcier. Forcier is looking at possibly being the #3 guy on the Michigan roster next season because he is getting beat out by guys that have the same skill set Kemp has. He would be the #3 guy behing JJ and Kemp at UM IMO. Both QBs at UM are better. Hopefully we'll get a real chance to see what Kemp can do in a spread option offense. That will depend on whether or not the coaches are willing to open up the competition. If Forcier comes to UM and the competition is open - he would be the #3 guy at UM as well.

hoopmaster111 said:
As someone who has seen both QBs - Kemp and Forcier in person - Kemp is better suited to run QB position for the Spread Option than Forcier. Forcier ended up at Michigan the same way his brothers ended up at UCLA, etc - great marketing by the parents, playing at schools and in leagues were competition was suspect and stats could be easily racked up, and paying the Scout.com and Rival.com memberships which help with marketing making them look very attractive.

Kemp is bigger, stronger and faster than Forcier. Forcier is looking at possibly being the #3 guy on the Michigan roster next season because he is getting beat out by guys that have the same skill set Kemp has. He would be the #3 guy behing JJ and Kemp at UM IMO. Both QBs at UM are better. Hopefully we'll get a real chance to see what Kemp can do in a spread option offense. That will depend on whether or not the coaches are willing to open up the competition. If Forcier comes to UM and the competition is open - he would be the #3 guy at UM as well.

Forcier would be third string at Montana? Want to make a bet?

hoopmaster111 said:

:shock: :shock:

Glad to see you guys are fully recovered from a shitty season and are back to being as full of shit as ever :thumb:

kemajic said:
dub-foncy said:
GrizLA said:
MrTitleist said:
Man, talk about a narcissistic family. And.. how the hell do you spell Joe Paterno's name wrong on the front page of the website??
I was wondering about that, as well. So, who is Forcier and why should we care? Seriously...I could Google it, but I am curious...is he presently at Michigan? Not impressive if he is...

We got some real sports fans on this site, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
And he's right from the guy's backyard in San Diego....
as are 26 million others, not to mention 7 BCS teams within 400 miles...and hundreds of high schools, some of which have teams that could dominate some FCS leagues...

Glad to see you guys are fully recovered from a shitty season and are back to being as full of shit as ever

LOL I like that. :clap:

THEY STILL LOVE TO HATE ME!!!!
images

Dexter X said:
Forshizzlegrizzle said:
? One drive from another NC appearance makes him a joke? He probably had the most powerfull arm we have seen here in Missoula.

Agree 100%. Swogger took us to the Semi-Finals in his first and only year here. That's pretty damn good.

Power doesn't do much at 54.2%, besides maybe make it more difficult for the db's to catch it which wasn't the case.

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2006 193 356 2659 54.2 7.47 0 17 12 0 125.97

And the Semi-Final game:
Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Long Sack
--------------------------------------------
Josh Swogger 31-15-2 167 0 29 1

We scored 0 points in the second half at home! A field goal would have won it.

For a semi-final team that didn't have a 600 yard rusher, the passing game should have been phenomenal and he was mediocre at best. Swogger didn't take us anywhere, the defense was the only reason we got to the semis with 14.2 points allowed per game (not including the 41 against Iowa in the season opener).

Cats2506 said:
Glad to see you guys are fully recovered from a shitty season and are back to being as full of shit as ever :thumb:

A simple, concise, and very true statement!

You nailed that one, 2506! Nice job! :clap: :clap: :thumb:

Grizo406 said:
Cats2506 said:

A simple, concise, and very true statement!

You nailed that one, 2506! Nice job! :clap: :clap: :thumb:

You can't keep a bad fan down. :thumb:

Back