• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How to Legally watch ESPN 3 on any ISP.

bylarke

For those of you out there wanting to wach the game and worried you can't get it. (Yes I agree they should broadcast it locally in MT) Assuming ESPN doesn't change their minds you can access ESPN 3 from any ISP using remote play. Since every public College and military base has access to ESPN3 you can simply go to the nearest College use their wifi or public computer and create an ESPN3 account. Then sync your account for Remote play. Then go home...hook your computer up to your TV (or don't) login and boom watch the game from the comfort of your home...If you can't get to a campus...or are too lazy..just keep watch and an account with remote play access might just be posted :thumb:

wbtfg said:
what is remote play?

Remote Play is an option ESPN 3 has so if you pay for ESPN via your ISP but are away from home you can still access it via your account. I had to do this in 2009 back then MY ISP wasn't on the list but I could access ESPN(back then it was 360 not 3) from the college campus I work at. So all you have to do is login on an ISP that has access sync your account for remote play...its at the top of the screen next to the watch now button. and it allows your account to view content no matter what IP your are on. Unfortuently this only works via the web site and not the Android or Xbox apps. I tried...I have been trying to make sure my mom can watch in Billings.

I know this may sound silly GrizMusician. . . but I know there are some people out there who aren't as computer savvy as you. lol I was wondering if you would be willing to put up a nice "directions page"- step by step for those who don't understand. I will be at the game, so I'm not so worried....but people like my father. . . perhaps not too sure what you are talking about. You think that would help? Then whoever wants may post it to their facebook and spread the word that way. Just a thought. Thanks so much for all the tips you have been posting!! Very helpful. Unfortunately, as a state we are so rural, or people don't have laptops, they won't even be able to do that. . perhaps.

Thanks again!

blondeh2o said:
I know this may sound silly GrizMusician. . . but I know there are some people out there who aren't as computer savvy as you. lol I was wondering if you would be willing to put up a nice "directions page"- step by step for those who don't understand. I will be at the game, so I'm not so worried....but people like my father. . . perhaps not too sure what you are talking about. You think that would help? Then whoever wants may post it to their facebook and spread the word that way. Just a thought. Thanks so much for all the tips you have been posting!! Very helpful. Unfortunately, as a state we are so rural, or people don't have laptops, they won't even be able to do that. . perhaps.

Thanks again!

Absolutely! I'll work on it. ;)

How would UM like it at the Mansfield Library if 2000 people showed up who are not students to use their computers... hmmmmm the first couple of hundred might they might let pass but me thinks when a couple of thousand started creating parking problems, building capacity problem, etc there would be a quick response to that... just saying... ;)

UMwpa (the wireless network on The U of M campus) is, apparently, not available for Remote Access.

blondeh2o said:

Thanks again!

This should wet your chops...

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-connect-your-laptoppccomputer-to-your-tv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (SFW)

GrizMusician said:
Cuervohola said:
GrizMusician said:
Then connect PC to flat screen TV via HDMI & BOOM! GAME TIME BISHES!

Good point... I'll have to get an extra HDMI hookup

Don't spend too much... any gold tipped one will work great.
If you feel comfortable buying on the internet then try http://www.monoprice.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Good products and CHEAP (I am in no way affliated with this vendor).

As of this morning Both KPAX for the Griz game and Max Media for the kittens One-n-Done game are feeling out advertisers for the possibility of airing this week ends playoff games! :shock:

Bear Axed said:
As of this morning Both KPAX for the Griz game and Max Media for the kittens One-n-Done game are feeling out advertisers for the possibility of airing this week ends playoff games! :shock:
Where did you get this information? :)

bylarke said:
For those of you out there wanting to wach the game and worried you can't get it. (Yes I agree they should broadcast it locally in MT) Assuming ESPN doesn't change their minds you can access ESPN 3 from any ISP using remote play. Since every public College and military base has access to ESPN3 you can simply go to the nearest College use their wifi or public computer and create an ESPN3 account. Then sync your account for Remote play. Then go home...hook your computer up to your TV (or don't) login and boom watch the game from the comfort of your home...If you can't get to a campus...or are too lazy..just keep watch and an account with remote play access might just be posted :thumb:

I like your definition of what is legal. :thumb:

Back