In 2011, Montana charged $57 per ticket to the EWU-Montana game in Missoula.
- The school also charged $57 per ticket to the EWU band, something that had never been done in years past by either school.
- This new process by UM forced our budget-constrained band not to attend the 2011 game in Missoula.
- $57 was the highest ticket price UM charged for ANY of its 2011 football home games.
In 2011, EWU sold out 3 of 4 home games (averaging 8,800 which is 600 beyond capacity for its venue).
- This was done without having Griz Nation on our home schedule.
- EWU sold-out games against MSU, N. Colorado & Portland State.
- Weber State had 7,400 fans (800 below capacity).
- EWU set several attendance marks in 2011, including season tickets & single game sales.
- Our student population and game attendance has sky-rocketed since 2008. We are generating 3,500 students per game and expect upwards of 4,500 students at the UM game. We will need to place the students who finance a large part of EWU athletics in some of those temp bleachers, thus the cost realized for single game ticket fans goes up as a result.
Why $55 per ticket?
- EWU has to pay for the 3,500-4,500 temporary bleachers to accommodate the extra fans.
- EWU has to pay for the additional security, port-a-potties, grounds crew, etc that comes with having 12,000 fans in for one game every two years.
- EWU also has to show a revenue increase on the game in order to justify why we bring in the extra bleachers, security, staff, etc., in the first place. Economics 101.
Why not move the game to Joe Albi where capacity is 23,000?
- Joe Albi has rental costs; parking, stadium, concessions, etc.
- We are EWU, home of the Red Turf at Roos Field.
- Our goal is to be the King of the West Plains in football, and we are succeeding with a great tailgate and venue at Roos Field.
Why restrict UM-EWU tickets prior to Sept. 5, 2012?
- EWU has a limited staff over the summer to handle customer service & sales issues.
- EWU focuses on its season tickets & donors over 1 game every two years.
- It allows EWU to have the best selection of its season tickets and donor seats go to EWU fans who will at the stadium the entire year, not to UM fans for 1 game every two years.
- The restriction affects BOTH Griz fans and Eastern fans who don’t wish to purchase adult season tickets or become a donor. I get more complaints from EWU fans about the restriction than UM fans, which surprises me.
What is the price of a Montana ticket home or away if the Griz join the FBS?
- $75 for endzone-$100 for 20 yardline is average.
- I was just in Dallas at NACDA. Most of the FBS schools are talking about how “low” they sell the price of their single game tickets for.