• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hassan Richardson

Facebook still has his griz pictures up....

Stated he was at college this spring, Im thinking JC???

My buddy, Mike, said he was gone. Mike follows the Griz very closely. He has talent, but there were always questions about his academics, I believe.

Is on the roster for the Snow College Badgers, a two year school in Richfield Utah.

The way TM is playing, maybe its a one year school to get the grades in check and then back to Montana.... but just a guess.

http://www.snowbadgers.com/roster.aspx?path=football&rp_id=473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If he is a freshman as listed that would make him most likely a non-qualifier by score status and thusly he would have to complete two full years at the JC and enter the UofM with an associates degree of some type.

This is the case for a lot of players who attend school at College of Southern Idaho, as they aren't able to meet scores to get into a 4- year school and must acquire a two year associates before moving on to a basketball school of their choice. Incidentally CSI is where Billy Reader (ex UofM) because of NCAA/school GPA and credit issues that he couldn't meet.

Paytonlives said:
Is on the roster for the Snow College Badgers, a two year school in Richfield Utah.

The way TM is playing, maybe its a one year school to get the grades in check and then back to Montana.... but just a guess.

http://www.snowbadgers.com/roster.aspx?path=football&rp_id=473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are you implying he would be an upgrade over TM? I think he has played great for the position he was put in especially and am excited to watch him improve during the year.

grizd said:
Paytonlives said:

Are you implying he would be an upgrade over TM? I think he has played great for the position he was put in especially and am excited to watch him improve during the year.

Trent and Hassan played together on the same Hawaii team and both were in our 2011 recruiting class. Hassan was a non-qualifier and had to attend a JC to qualify. I believe Payton is implying that with Trent playing well at QB here, that Hassan will hopefully be headed this way to fulfill his original commitment as a WR for the griz.

How far away do you have to be from eligible to have to complete an associates degree before qualifying for NCAA sports? Prop 48 and Prop 16 would require 13 credits, 2.0 or 2.5 gpa plus a qualifying SAT score dependent on the gpa. If Hassan needs more than that then his high school courses probably don't meet NCAA clearing house requirements, which means he's got a lot of remedial work to do.
Given he's been out of high school a year already, I wonder if he spent a year on remedial work just to get into Snow and now needs 13 credits, qualifying GPA and enterance exam.

griz4life said:
How far away do you have to be from eligible to have to complete an associates degree before qualifying for NCAA sports? Prop 48 and Prop 16 would require 13 credits, 2.0 or 2.5 gpa plus a qualifying SAT score dependent on the gpa. If Hassan needs more than that then his high school courses probably don't meet NCAA clearing house requirements, which means he's got a lot of remedial work to do.
Given he's been out of high school a year already, I wonder if he spent a year on remedial work just to get into Snow and now needs 13 credits, qualifying GPA and enterance exam.

Most community colleges have a lot more relaxed admittance standards. For example CSI, if you graduated from high school or have a GED, you need to take a qualifying exam (typically compass test) and for the most part you are set to go. Most college incidentally will admit you with lack of admittance requirements, if you are less than full time. However as a scholarshipped athlete, you don't have that option.

If he had spent the last year in say a prep school making up those deficient credits he would have been eligible per NCAA clearning house to re submit his application for college readiness. As I noted above, non qualifiers must graduate or in some cases accumulate enough credits for graduation before being eligible to return to a NCAA clearinghouse school.

go96griz said:
grizd said:
Paytonlives said:

Trent and Hassan played together on the same Hawaii team and both were in our 2011 recruiting class. Hassan was a non-qualifier and had to attend a JC to qualify. I believe Payton is implying that with Trent playing well at QB here, that Hassan will hopefully be headed this way to fulfill his original commitment as a WR for the griz.

Yep...

Back