• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Streaming of Griz games

I knew the root sports deal was going to screw up the bigskytv. I'm going to be reduced to seeing only the games not on root sports.

Skookum-Jim said:
I knew the root sports deal was going to screw up the bigskytv. I'm going to be reduced to seeing only the games not on root sports.
I know GrizPsych did some magic last year...maybe he'd be willing to do the same for the Root Sports games this year?...provided he isn't actually attending all the games that will be televised by Root.

coyote said:
GrizAddicted said:
Isn't KGVO the Griz game day play by play? There is a mobile app called radio pup which has that station streamed live. Then you can patch cord to your stereo...

Anywhere, anytime...Go Griz!

During the games they run a message saying they don't have the rights to stream it.

Yep. Thanks to Learfield, any on line radio link is blocked for games. You can usually get the pregame show, but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EverettGriz said:
coyote said:
GrizAddicted said:
Isn't KGVO the Griz game day play by play? There is a mobile app called radio pup which has that station streamed live. Then you can patch cord to your stereo...

Anywhere, anytime...Go Griz!

During the games they run a message saying they don't have the rights to stream it.

Yep. Thanks to Learfield, any on line radio link is blocked for games. You can usually get the pregame show, but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that was the experience last year. Occasionally a station would seem to 'forget' and the game would be available. I am curious about the mobile ap because in a manner of speaking, the mobile ap isn't exactly the internet. I'm going to check it out.

I tried the mobile app (actually many of them: Radio Pup, ooTunes, Radiolicious, TuneIn, etc) without any success during FB season (during BB I was able to get it occasionally). In general, the phone apps just use the weblink to establish their connection, I beleive.

But if anyone finds anything that works, PLEASE post it.

Silvertip said:
If you live outside of the attached ROOT coverage map link but you have Dish or DirecTV order up the regional college package for $9 or 10 per month and get ALL of the ROOT/FOX/etc regional channels - no matter where you live on the continent. (I'd be really surprised if ROOT Pittsburgh shows the Griz)

http://rockymountain.rootsports.com//pdf8/753120.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yep. that's what I did. Works great for me.

Back