• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zach Vis

grizfan1984

Looks like we got another commit.

LyndenTribuneSports ‏@LyndenTribuneSP
Congrats to Lynden senior WR/DB Zach Vis, who has committed to the University of Montana as a preferred walk on. Chose the Griz over UW

grizfan1984 said:

Congrats to Lynden senior WR/DB Zach Vis, who has committed to the University of Montana as a preferred walk on. Chose the Griz over UW
I bet him and Ari Morales eventually become scholarship players.

From Jordan Johnson in an article back in December

" Josh Kraght and Zach Vis were ridiculous all day long. I really can’t say enough good things about both of these kids, as some collegiate program is going to get a steal come signing day. Kraght plays like he is 6-3 and runs like one of the state’s top backs, and Vis broke every state championship record ever set with 271 yards receiving and 3 Tds in the title game."

grizfan1984 said:

If you've never been to Lynden, It's like going back to the Norman Rockwell '40s or '50s. They even have a city ordinance against mowing your lawn on Sunday.

maroonandsilver said:
grizfan1984 said:

If you've never been to Lynden, It's like going back to the Norman Rockwell '40s or '50s. They even have a city ordinance against mowing your lawn on Sunday.

would someone please forward a copy of this ordinance to my wife??? :thumb:

That's great news. Vis is a gamer. It would have been great to have picked up Kragt, too. There always seems to be a Kragt kid tearing up rural prep football in Washington, kind of like Selvigs tearing up basketball in Montana.

Kids name is Isaac Messenger. Great size and natural strength but played at a tiny school. Will end up running track somewhere to get a college degree.

NikeGrizz said:
grizfan1984 said:

I bet him and Ari Morales eventually become scholarship players.

Chips on shoulders. Something to prove and I bet they do just that - prove they are deserving.

Vis is similar to Mitch Salyor with possibly a little more top end speed. He excels on jump balls but also runs good routes and has nice hands. Great competitor who will hopefully be able to separate against faster DB's at the next level. He dominated at the AA level here (like A in Montana) but also produced well against bigger schools when he had the chance. Had a great QB throwing to him which helped but Vis is a good get.

Kodiak said:
Vis is similar to Mitch Salyor with possibly a little more top end speed. He excels on jump balls but also runs good routes and has nice hands. Great competitor who will hopefully be able to separate against faster DB's at the next level. He dominated at the AA level here (like A in Montana) but also produced well against bigger schools when he had the chance. Had a great QB throwing to him which helped but Vis is a good get.

How good has he looked at DB?. He seems in the highlights like he could be a pretty tough safety and that is a big need for us.

behappp said:
Kodiak said:

How good has he looked at DB?. He seems in the highlights like he could be a pretty tough safety and that is a big need for us.

He was solid but I don't really see him there at the next level. Didn't have too many times where he was covering a big sky caliber WR running a post/seam so hard to tell for sure. Good instincts and physicality though!

This kids a Safety in my book 6-3 196 is ideal big safety size in a league of full of talented WRs. We dont need two Mitch Saylor in between types in my opinion unless we are changing to a New England Patriots type spread offense.

I watched his championship game yesterday and all I can say is Zach Vis plays a complete game. He runs good routes, helps his QB when there's trouble and doesn't give up on plays. Skip the highlite video and watch the game. That kid is a great get.

Vis is quoted in The Bellingham Herald today saying that the UM coaches want him to play WR but he will play either side of the ball. His QB (Josh Kraght) signed with PSU....a JJ clone who could be tough for the Griz to handle in a couple years.

Back