• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ Trial

I could never predict what a jury might do. Based solely on yesterday's opening statements I think the defense has a good and compelling story, but once it goes to the jury it is almost impossible to tell what they will do after applying their own biases, life experiences and possible prejudices.

One thing I am confident about, however, is that if acquitted JJ will do everything he can to get back on the team where he would rightly belong.

Go Griz!

firmgriz said:
One thing I am confident about, however, is that if acquitted JJ will do everything he can to get back on the team where he would rightly belong.

Go Griz!

What makes you confident about that, FG? No smack, just interested in your thought process on this.

Sorry, I'm not comfortable with addressing you as firmgriz. Maybe Turgidbear?

Thanks!

Directly, I base it on his comments to that effect made during and at the end of the 2012 season. Indirectly, I base it on the fact that his old HS teammate Mr. White transferred from Oregon to the Griz, presumably to join him.

firmgriz said:
I could never predict what a jury might do. Based solely on yesterday's opening statements I think the defense has a good and compelling story, but once it goes to the jury it is almost impossible to tell what they will do after applying their own biases, life experiences and possible prejudices.

Go Griz!

Thanks. I got a gut feeling this might end before it goes to the jury, you? (In favor of JJ)

GRZFTBL said:
firmgriz said:

Go Griz!

Thanks. I got a gut feeling this might end before it goes to the jury, you? (In favor of JJ)

How's that? Plea bargain or something? I certainly don't see that happening. I think this one's going the distance.

Grzftbl, I hope you're right, but I would be really surprised if it doesn't go the distance now that it has come this far. The prosecution is out to prove to the Feds that they are tough on sexual assault so I doubt they do anything other than fight to the end. Again, I hope your are right.

firmgriz said:
Grzftbl, I hope you're right, but I would be really surprised if it doesn't go the distance now that it has come this far. The prosecution is out to prove to the Feds that they are tough on sexual assault so I doubt they do anything other than fight to the end. Again, I hope your are right.

I think you may be on to something firmgriz. The prosecution is trying to prove a point or else they were getting a lot of pressure from someone/somewhere. They could be pissing in the wind on this and they know it, but it is to late to turn back now. A win-win for them really. Hung jury or Innocent verdict = we tried and we take rape allegations very seriously. (if that was true they should investigate Pat Williams for raping the U of M of it's credibility- Go ahead smart ass scat fans - players did that on their own). Guilty = we are champions!! We look out for the victims and rapes will stop in Missoula.

I think this goes the distance as well. I was thinking the accuser might decide not to proceed but now that she has taken the stand I feel there is no going back.

No Worries..............it's all good

runawayjury_copy0.jpg

I think it goes the distance now. The time for it to have been dropped would have been before opening arguments. The only things that could conceivably stop it now would be for the accuser to publicly deny her previous statements, for someone else to come forward stating that they were there, saw the whole thing and there was no rape or, for JJ to plead guilty. None of these scenario's seems likely to happen.

There may not be an actual verdict however. There could be a hung jury or evidence of either jury misconduct or tampering that could require the case be retried. If that happens the County Attorney's office would have to determine whether they could win and then the process would start all over again.

Did I see somewhere in the tweets that the alleged victim's underwear was removed voluntarily? I think I know what the legal framework for rape is and when it gets to that point, the prosecution's case for rape gets into some really fine hair splitting. :roll:

TxGriz said:
Did I see somewhere in the tweets that the alleged victim's underwear was removed voluntarily? I think I know what the legal framework for rape is and when it gets to that point, the prosecution's case for rape gets into some really fine hair splitting. :roll:

I have been a juror in a major rape case, rape is when there is any penetraion in any orifice of the body, has nothing to do with taking underware off. If she decided "NO" after she did, it is rape if forced as I was led to believe in the court. Even if she didn't fight at all, all a person has to do is say no and if penetrated, trouble.

TxGriz said:
Did I see somewhere in the tweets that the alleged victim's underwear was removed voluntarily? :roll:

I don't think the testimony made it that far yet. So, no...unless it was mentioned somewhere other than the trial.

TxGriz said:

Wrong. At ANY point in time a woman has the right to change her mind, despite what she may have said or done five minutes prior.

wbtfg said:
TxGriz said:
Did I see somewhere in the tweets that the alleged victim's underwear was removed voluntarily? :roll:

I don't think the testimony made it that far yet. So, no...unless it was mentioned somewhere other than the trial.

From today's testimony.

Woman says Johnson took her pants and underwear off and it was not consensual. Says Johnson was holding her down.

yikes. these tweets are just brutal to listen to. might have to stay away for a while. you couldn't pay me a million dollars to be on that jury. :(

Back