• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ Trial

GwenFlorio Somebody vandalized our mailbox. Nobody else's on the street, just ours. Grrrr.
13 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

grizindabox said:
GwenFlorio Somebody vandalized our mailbox. Nobody else's on the street, just ours. Grrrr.
Wow. Way to play right into her stereotype, whoever did this. :roll:

uofmman1122 said:
grizindabox said:
well her stereotype of fizz fans has been pretty accurate so far :thumb:

From reading through tweets posted on eGriz from those at trial I just can not see how the jury could say beyond a reasonable doubt that JJ is quilty. There are just to many things that do not add up with J Doe.

It appears they both had some interest in one another. J Doe seems to have had more interest in JJ and a relationship and JJ more of a gal to have a good time with.

When we all first learned of this event and that J Doe had a roommate or mates I just assumed their we're other women. To find out that they are both men makes J Does story just that more odd. Not to yell out help when you have two other men feet away just makes no sense at all.

Know think of this, JJ met one of J Does roommates that evening it appears and he had to have knowledge the other was a male. JJ would have been risking a serious ass kicking if not worse if he tried what he is accused of. All J Doe had to do was call out for help and one if not both of her roommates would have been in there in a matter of seconds. JJ maybe had a buzz but I have a hard time thinking even with a buzz he would have been that foolish.

I honestly believe that JJ and J Doe got in her room and both were into this. However Doe was looking to JJ for romance and something special. It started face to face and then quickly switched to something a little less intimate and the entire thing ended quickly, 2/3 minutes as mentioned in statements. This was not the special romantic night J Doe had in mind and pictured. She quickly realized that her knight in shinning armor was looking at her as a one night stand or used. In her mind " I think I was just raped" was more of, I just had sex and not the way I wanted. Doe may have said in a light voice Nooooo when JJ switched positions on her. Did JJ hear it, maybe, maybe he heard it and took it more of noooo, please don't change positions on me. Or maybe he heard nothing at all.

Doe saw the reactions she was getting from those she mentioned this to and it took off from there. Once she was in so much how could she turn back? Could she have put an end to the story in the beginning, sure she could have but appears to not use the best judgement and baybe be a few cards short of a full deck.

OrgonGriz said:
From reading through tweets posted on eGriz from those at trial I just can not see how the jury could say beyond a reasonable doubt that JJ is quilty. There are just to many things that do not add up with J Doe.

It appears they both had some interest in one another. J Doe seems to have had more interest in JJ and a relationship and JJ more of a gal to have a good time with.

When we all first learned of this event and that J Doe had a roommate or mates I just assumed their we're other women. To find out that they are both men makes J Does story just that more odd. Not to yell out help when you have two other men feet away just makes no sense at all.

Know think of this, JJ met one of J Does roommates that evening it appears and he had to have knowledge the other was a male. JJ would have been risking a serious ass kicking if not worse if he tried what he is accused of. All J Doe had to do was call out for help and one if not both of her roommates would have been in there in a matter of seconds. JJ maybe had a buzz but I have a hard time thinking even with a buzz he would have been that foolish.

I honestly believe that JJ and J Doe got in her room and both were into this. However Doe was looking to JJ for romance and something special. It started face to face and then quickly switched to something a little less intimate and the entire thing ended quickly, 2/3 minutes as mentioned in statements. This was not the special romantic night J Doe had in mind and pictured. She quickly realized that her knight in shinning armor was looking at her as a one night stand or used. In her mind " I think I was just raped" was more of, I just had sex and not the way I wanted. Doe may have said in a light voice Nooooo when JJ switched positions on her. Did JJ hear it, maybe, maybe he heard it and took it more of noooo, please don't change positions on me. Or maybe he heard nothing at all.

Doe saw the reactions she was getting from those she mentioned this to and it took off from there. Once she was in so much how could she turn back? Could she have put an end to the story in the beginning, sure she could have but appears to not use the best judgement and baybe be a few cards short of a full deck.

so you think her roomates did the "right thing" by their inaction? i'm not sure that the one who received the text message regarding her being raped is particularly admirable. questions regarding his response pervade: was he immobilized because he was star struck? a chicken? unbelieving? worried about being ostracized? worried about the football team's won - loss record?

*brought to you by um75*

OrgonGriz said:
JJ met one of J Does roommates that evening it appears and he had to have knowledge the other was a male. JJ would have been risking a serious ass kicking if not worse if he tried what he is accused of. All J Doe had to do was call out for help and one if not both of her roommates would have been in there in a matter of seconds. JJ maybe had a buzz but I have a hard time thinking even with a buzz he would have been that foolish.

Good point. He apparently did not know this gal very well. The risk of using force on her if she were saying "no" included the risk she would scream for help with two male roommates close by. If you think about it from his perspective, it seems highly unlikely he would take this risk. He may have had a few beers, but nobody has indicated he has sh*t for brains.

goatcreekgriz said:
OrgonGriz said:
JJ met one of J Does roommates that evening it appears and he had to have knowledge the other was a male. JJ would have been risking a serious ass kicking if not worse if he tried what he is accused of. All J Doe had to do was call out for help and one if not both of her roommates would have been in there in a matter of seconds. JJ maybe had a buzz but I have a hard time thinking even with a buzz he would have been that foolish.

Good point. He apparently did not know this gal very well. The risk of using force on her if she were saying "no" included the risk she would scream for help with two male roommates close by. If you think about it from his perspective, it seems highly unlikely he would take this risk. He may have had a few beers, but nobody has indicated he has sh*t for brains.
The "roommate" offered the contrasting statements that he "didn't take her seriously" initially, compared to he "took it very seriously," at trial. In either case, extreme caution seemed to be his philosophy when it came to Jane Doe's social life.

The Jury was left, once again, puzzled by the significant changes in testimony by the State's witnesses, a condition that, at some point, they may conclude resulted from Jane Doe's active campaign of intimidation.

The testimony did not cover, on the other hand, whether or not Jane Doe had any idea that the entire Harper's Ferry Federal Arsenal was under the other roommate's bed and that said roommate was not just capable of using the entire arsenal, but apparently was looking for a reason to do so.

The contrast, then, comes down to JJ and Jane Doe.

Would he reasonably go to her house, where she was literally surrounded by male roommates, to commit a rape?

Would she, reasonably, at her house and literally surrounded by male roommates, including one willing to set off WWIII if given any excuse at all, allow a rape to proceed without uttering a peep?

Indeed, who closed the door?

Why?

The problem here for the State is that, ultimately, both parties would have been acting unreasonably and irrationally for this to have happened.

I suspect the prosecution called Bieneman to testify that he witnessed Doe offering to do JJ anytime, he knew JJ had been texting her that day, he encouraged JJ to get her done when he left. This is a set up to show JJ had been offered, had contacted her, had been encouraged by AB, had a few beers and when Doe turned JJ down he decided to just take what he felt was his. Smooth move by the prosecution.

Cats2506 said:
uofmman1122 said:
grizindabox said:
well her stereotype of fizz fans has been pretty accurate so far :thumb:

Grizzly success really did a number on your psyche didn't it?

Blgs Griz Fan said:
I suspect the prosecution called Bieneman to testify that he witnessed Doe offering to do JJ anytime, he knew JJ had been texting her that day, he encouraged JJ to get her done when he left. This is a set up to show JJ had been offered, had contacted her, had been encouraged by AB, had a few beers and when Doe turned JJ down he decided to just take what he felt was his. Smooth move by the prosecution.

And their whole case.

Blgs Griz Fan said:

Yet that does not prove anything. The state has effectively showed this girl has problems but not proven, beyond a reasonable doubt, that rape occurred. Not even close. There are so many grey areas in this I just don't see, currently, how it could go any other way.

Welsh said it seemed like the parents wanted to let police know their concerns about their daughter. #johnsontrial

What type of "concerns"?

Welsh: DOJ investigation of UM, MPD and surrounding media attention had no effect on how they investigated the Johnson case #JohnsonTrial

Sure, just a coincidence.

I have mixed emotions about this case and I can see both sides. People are saying " why didn't she scream rape" and her male room mates could have saved her? The other side of that coin is if she wanted to frame him for rape, why didn't she let JJ take off her cloths and as soon as she was naked start screaming rape? Seems more logical if setting him up was her plan.

SAMSDAD said:
I have mixed emotions about this case and I can see both sides. People are saying " why didn't she scream rape" and her male room mates could have saved her? The other side of that coin is if she wanted to frame him for rape, why didn't she let JJ take off her cloths and as soon as she was naked start screaming rape? Seems more logical if setting him up was her plan.
Because she is afflicted? This whole thing has gone on long enough. The prosecution has nothing and is losing everything whenever Paoli or Pabst cross examines. Quit wasting everyones money.

Didn't see this posted elsewhere but the "trial by twitter" talk is spreading nationally and this blog post even links back to this thread. (which kind of embarrasses me, some of the comments made in this ongoing discussion).

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/2013/02/25/trial-by-twitter-montana-qb%E2%80%99s-rape-case-plays-out-in-real-time/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back