• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ Trial

SAMSDAD said:
I have mixed emotions about this case and I can see both sides. People are saying " why didn't she scream rape" and her male room mates could have saved her? The other side of that coin is if she wanted to frame him for rape, why didn't she let JJ take off her cloths and as soon as she was naked start screaming rape? Seems more logical if setting him up was her plan.

I don't think most people think she was setting JJ up for rape. Most think that she did not like the "one night stand" that JJ gave her, so she is making him pay for this humiliation. Let's face it, JJ is guilty of being a dirt bag lover, but he is not guilty of rape.

BWahlberg said:
Didn't see this posted elsewhere but the "trial by twitter" talk is spreading nationally and this blog post even links back to this thread. (which kind of embarrasses me, some of the comments made in this ongoing discussion).

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/2013/02/25/trial-by-twitter-montana-qb%E2%80%99s-rape-case-plays-out-in-real-time/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems like an accurate account of what's gone down so far.

BWahlberg said:
Didn't see this posted elsewhere but the "trial by twitter" talk is spreading nationally and this blog post even links back to this thread. (which kind of embarrasses me, some of the comments made in this ongoing discussion).

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/2013/02/25/trial-by-twitter-montana-qb%E2%80%99s-rape-case-plays-out-in-real-time/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the comment section:

when publishing such a news story in SF.. the words Montana, QB, and rape should not be used in the title

:lol:

BWahlberg said:

...all publicity is good publicity? :?

GrizMusician said:
BWahlberg said:

Yeah probably not.... :(

Thinking of the reactions people have scrolling through this thread - people who have just been casually following this nationally... ugh.

BWahlberg said:
GrizMusician said:
BWahlberg said:

Yeah probably not.... :(

Thinking of the reactions people have scrolling through this thread - people who have just been casually following this nationally... ugh.

Well, it will be interesting to see what the opinions are when we have a verdict (or lack thereof).

Mother on stand.

Hope Paili asked Jane Doe's Mother whether she believes her daughter was raped.

Mother states Doe's Father met with UM Prez?

Mother: maybe since this happened, she's become overly sensitive #JohnsonTrial

Doe had counselling for a year because a kid snatched a trophy out of her hand?

Prosecution has got to be about ready to rest. Trying to end on emotional testimony. Wouldn't want to go to long with this I wouldn't think the jury will get sick hearing about it. Although I am admittedly not an expert so who knows...

RobGriz said:
Prosecution has got to be about ready to rest. Trying to end on emotional testimony. Wouldn't want to go to long with this I wouldn't think the jury will get sick hearing about it. Although I am admittedly not an expert so who knows...

I agree, especially if they want enough time to cross the defenses witnesses thoroughly. I imagine their allotted time is dwindling down?

Prosecution says they have one more witness to call to the stand, Duerk says they hope to rest their case today #JohnsonTrial

I wonder who the last witness will be? A surprise witness or no big eye opener?

Prosection has 1 more witness. Hope to get theirs done today. I'm guessing the defense won't have a lot of witnesses. They have already called 2. Thinking the defense will rest end of this week/beginning of next week.

PolsonGrizFan said:
Prosecution says they have one more witness to call to the stand, Duerk says they hope to rest their case today #JohnsonTrial

I wonder who the last witness will be? A surprise witness or no big eye opener?

Well, they've put Doe's brother and mother up there, why not the dad?

Back