• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Playoff game?

Griz90

The opener this week versus Appalachian State sure feels like a playoff game to me. And although it is the season opener the ramifications of this game could well resonate with the FCS playoff committee when it comes time to slot the Grizzlies. A win over a top-ranked team like Appy State could go a long way in helping the Griz land a home game in the FCS playoffs, assuming Montana is in the playoff hunt when the regular season winds down. That's an assumption I'm willing to make. I have the Tahoe gassed up and ready to go for the 621-mile trip to WaGriz. I can't wait to be part of the loudest roar EVER when the Griz make that tunnel run and JJ lines up under center for his first game back as QB. Go GRIZ!

Griz90 said:
The opener this week versus Appalachian State sure feels like a playoff game to me. And although it is the season opener the ramifications of this game could well resonate with the FCS playoff committee when it comes time to slot the Grizzlies. A win over a top-ranked team like Appy State could go a long way in helping the Griz land a home game in the FCS playoffs, assuming Montana is in the playoff hunt when the regular season winds down. That's an assumption I'm willing to make. I have the Tahoe gassed up and ready to go for the 621-mile trip to WaGriz. I can't wait to be part of the loudest roar EVER when the Griz make that tunnel run and JJ lines up under center for his first game back as QB. Go GRIZ!

I think your correct, it will play a major factor come seasons end. Maybe we should have bought our way out of it like some other team I know of. I hear that's the thing to do with tough games :-D

These are the type of games we want...............even a competitve loss is better than an over-hyped scrimmage. This will be electric and will define who we are. I love playing App State. Just a lot of fun :clap:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Griz90 said:

I think your correct, it will play a major factor come seasons end. Maybe we should have bought our way out of it like some other team I know of. I hear that's the thing to do with tough games :-D
:lol:

I'm definitely as excited as I get for playoff games and Griz-cat. Saturday night is too effin far away. :evil:

You said it. This seasons playoff hope begins or ends saturday night. Win and were in. Lose and we probably on thin ice. Get er done Griz!

The last time I bought so much booze for a tailgate was when App State came in 2009. Playoff atmoshere, absolutely!

reinell30 said:
The last time I bought so much booze for a tailgate was when App State came in 2009. Playoff atmoshere, absolutely!

Are you gonna' have any paracord bracelets in black and yellow for sale at your tailgate?

reinell30 said:

Ya we brought 50 jello shots and they were gone in an hour. :lol:

Hammer said:
reinell30 said:

mmmm....jello shots...mind kickin' a couple to the side for me? I'll pay you when we get there...

Appaholic said:
Hammer said:
reinell30 said:

mmmm....jello shots...mind kickin' a couple to the side for me? I'll pay you when we get there...

absolutely. Whats your flavor??

No pay, thats just how we roll! :thumb:

66volvo said:
And then, three weeks later there's...Oklahoma Panhandle State. Fail for the selection committee.

Well, at least D-IIs count towards playoff eligibility this year, so it gives a little importance to the glorified scrimmage. :cool:

Back