• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cal Poly vs. PSU

bigkid

DONOR
Just noticed that this game is televised on Root TV on Thursday night starting at 8pm.

It's gonna be a real test to see what PSU is all about. I'm giving the nod to PSU cus it's in Portland and Cal Poly hasn't shown me they're the team they were last year

bigkid said:
Just noticed that this game is televised on Root TV on Thursday night starting at 8pm.

Thanks for the notice BigKid, its great to watch other BSC schools once in a while, esp on a Thursday! Helps get me from Monday Night Football to Friday night lights, you know?

I'm looking forward to some Thursday night Big Sky football. A former work colleague and occasional golf buddy of mine played on the O line for Portland State many moons ago -- he and I always share some ribbing when the Griz and PSU face off...he'll be at the game tonight, so I will make sure to bug him with a text or two. I hope they draw a decent crowd.

uofmman1122 said:
I picked PSU in the Big Sky Challenge.

Don't let me down, Vikings. :evil:
Me too. The Stangs aren't even close to who they were last season. I thought they could be but I think I was very wrong. Not lookin good for CP this season. Hard to believe they're still in the top 25 along with a few others. CP seems to be a sinking ship, not quite as fast as msu but its still sinking.

X3 Another pick for PSU. Wish I could watch it - have to settle for all the excitement of the stats page........

I'll be there for my first PSU game. Looking forward to the match up. Many people involved in the sports community have been talking about ways to get butts in the seats out here and get the Portland area involved in their team again. With the Ducks and Beavers only 90-120 minutes away it is difficult for the school to grab the attention of the city it seems like.

I'll always be a Griz, but it'd be nice to see more interest in a fellow conference school in such a large market (for our conference anyways). I'll be sure to follow up with what I saw.

GrizPDX said:
I'll be there for my first PSU game. Looking forward to the match up. Many people involved in the sports community have been talking about ways to get butts in the seats out here and get the Portland area involved in their team again. With the Ducks and Beavers only 90-120 minutes away it is difficult for the school to grab the attention of the city it seems like.

I'll always be a Griz, but it'd be nice to see more interest in a fellow conference school in such a large market (for our conference anyways). I'll be sure to follow up with what I saw.
They have been trying to put butts in the seats for years. I think they had a nice attendance bump for a season or two when Jerry Glanville was there, but they never ultimately put the product on the field and attendance fell off. Portland is right in the middle of PAC12 country. UO, OSU, UW and WSU all an easy drive away and Cal/Stanford not much farther. I spent 7 years in Portland and it was tough being a Griz fan/FCS fan. Maybe a Thursday night televised game will generate some excitement. I'll be watching tonight from Missoula, and hope they get a good turn out. Any Big Sky airtime we can get is good for the conference, IMHO.

GrizPDX said:

I am a Portland native, so I've been to my fair share of PSU games. I think that once they establish some sort of pattern of winning, more people will be interested. They just don't have any tradition at the school and a very apathetic student body. It sounds bad, but they need some bandwagon fans. I hope they do well, they have been so close to being a good football program but have just never been able to pull it out.

Well, I'm off to the game. Cheers!

GrizPDX said:

PSU's fans are great...if you like a$$holes. Went to three games there over the years never failed to get cussed at. After we won of course.

Back