• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU vs CATS Showdown

EverettGriz said:
51-35 ewoo.
wow. ewu really getting a lot of respect here! what a change from a few weeks ago leading up to um-ewu. many of you are really buying what ewu is selling....or maybe, just maybe it has less to do with ewu and instead more to do with who the eagles are playing this weekend. :lol:

Htowngriz said:
Robsnotes4u said:
grizindabox said:
ilovethecats said:
yesterday I agree. we have played 3 big sky games on the road. in those games we are 3-0. beat und by 43. beat weber by 18. and snuck one out yesterday by 7.

should be a hell of a game

and lost to a mediocre SFA.

Cats have also played a road schedule of powder puff teams...not a quality team in the bunch.

Hmm, Didn't SFA just play SHSU 56-49. and had more first downs, plus put up 740 yards of offense? And they do have the #2 QB as far as passing yards. They are not that bad.
None of that changes the fact that they're 3-6. :roll:
:thumb:

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:
51-35 ewoo.
wow. ewu really getting a lot of respect here! what a change from a few weeks ago leading up to um-ewu. many of you are really buying what ewu is selling....or maybe, just maybe it has less to do with ewu and instead more to do with who the eagles are playing this weekend. :lol:

Not me. I want the cats to win this game and know they can. Kittens by 7!

I have a feeling the Cats D won't let EWU get nearly as many yards after the catch as other teams. The Cats issue has been running teams, and while EWU is a threat to run, it's not their bread and butter. Close game but early on I'd give a slight edge to MSU.

Something was up with the Cats this weekend, and DM wasn't himself. Should be an interesting game but based on MSUs last performance my guess is this will be a blowout....a shocker..... EWU by 21. Seriously.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:
51-35 ewoo.

I think it has more to do with the fact the Cats are going up against an offense that's a lot better than any they've faced so far and doing so on the road. The Cats haven't exactly wow'd against good passing teams so far this year :(

Not saying EWU is unbeatable, just that if I had to bet money I would bet they win by 2 scores. Who knows though....a couple timely forced turnovers could swing the game in the Cats favor.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:
51-35 ewoo.

Not me. I would actually like to see the cats win. The only team I dislike more than the cats is EWU. With that said however, what I said in my earlier post are legit reasons I think EWU comes out on top. The cats simply have not played good on the road. Especially at weber and at unc which are two teams they should have dominated. You mentioned you beat weber by 18 but let's face it that game was so much closer than that score. Weber was down 5 points in the 4 th quarter before a key turnover. And you simply cannot feel good about the win over unc. Sorry I call it how I see it. Maybe ill be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:
51-35 ewoo.

Not me. I would actually like to see the cats win. The only team I dislike more than the cats is EWU. With that said however, what I said in my earlier post are legit reasons I think EWU comes out on top. The cats simply have not played good on the road. Especially at weber and at unc which are two teams they should have dominated. You mentioned you beat weber by 18 but let's face it that game was so much closer than that score. Weber was down 5 points in the 4 th quarter before a key turnover. And you simply cannot feel good about the win over unc. Sorry I call it how I see it. Maybe ill be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

I'd like to see the Cats win too. (This game at least)

cats 51
Douchebags 27

Ewo has 3+ turnovers

After the game the EGALS blame the loss on injuries and racism..............

Robsnotes4u said:
grizindabox said:
ilovethecats said:
grizindabox said:
Think EWU wins, Cats have not looked that good on the road.
yesterday I agree. we have played 3 big sky games on the road. in those games we are 3-0. beat und by 43. beat weber by 18. and snuck one out yesterday by 7.

should be a hell of a game

and lost to a mediocre SFA.

Cats have also played a road schedule of powder puff teams...not a quality team in the bunch.

Hmm, Didn't SFA just play SHSU 56-49. and had more first downs, plus put up 740 yards of offense? And they do have the #2 QB as far as passing yards. They are not that bad.
Weber State beat sfa yea there not that bad.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
cats 51
Douchebags 27

Ewo has 3+ turnovers

After the game the EGALS blame the loss on injuries and racism..............
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cats win..... Jesus I hate even saying that.... Hurts.. :yikes:

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:
51-35 ewoo.

Not me. I would actually like to see the cats win. The only team I dislike more than the cats is EWU.

Mind reader. Lil' bro at least has a seat at the dinner table. EWU is the perv down the street who makes everyone uncomfortable at the block party.

HookedonGriz said:
From what I've seen, the Cats struggle with a good passing attack...especially with short routes, quick slants, screens. This seems to be Adams' bread and butter (at least against us) so I think Adams will shred their defense. I think that DM will have a good game and be able to move the ball on their weak defense too. I think it will be a bit of a shoot out but that EWU comes out in the end by two scores. The Cats haven't looked very good on the road at least against Weber and UNC....teams they should have beat more convincingly.

this could be true...however, listening to baldwin speak after our game he used this strategy to gain positive yards on first down to help with the crowd noise.....
he is a pro-active coach and we will see what strategy he has for the bobcats.
i will be there to witness this showdown so i hope that it will be memorable...no blowout.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:
51-35 ewoo.

Yes. We watched ewoo come into our place and light us up. We watched msu go to No Co and GET lit up. That's a bad combo.

And,FWIW, I think ewoo is the best team in the conference.

I think ewoo wins going away. But god knows I've been wrong before.

OldtiredGRiz said:
I didn't see any of the EWU/Idaho State game, but I did see quite a bit of MSU and UNC...and it seemed like both EWU and MSU were not as sharp as they can be. With a couple of potent offenses, you'd think Saturday's game would be a shoot out...so I'm going to go with an opposite type game and predict MSU 17 - EWU 16.*

* I'm about the worst prognosticator out there, which is part of why I never predict Griz games (the other part being plain old silly superstition,) but I just have a feeling that it's going to be more of a defensive battle.
I think both teams were looking past their respective opponent this last weekend and that is bad as the scores showed. Nothing worse than playing a team that has nothing to loose. I bet they just about kill each other and that is fine with me
MSU 26 EWU 25

I want the cats to win this. Though I think EWU has an edge being at home and is probably the better team. The cats gave EWU a victory last year (much as the Griz did). I don't see MSU being as generous this year.

Lil' shooter Adams is a talented and dangerous QB. Yet he is still making rookie type mistakes. Versus UM, in addition to his picks, he threw several 'hope & a prayer' type jump balls. Unfortunately for us his receivers pulled those in and turned them into scores. Daly and crew can keep Adams under better pressure. IF they do, the bobcats might be able to force him into several of those dangerous throws. On the other side, if the cats ground game is working, the Irish Lad should have a big day. Common sense says the eagles win. Though I have a feeling the cats limit EWU offense just enough to pull out a close win 27-24. Yet it will take a dominant effort like they put on Northern Arizona, and if the cats have no ground game they lose in a landslide.
:ugeek:

Back