• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coldest Game You Ever Played In/Attended?

Hammer said:
havgrizfan said:
Hard to believe the air temperature was really 17 degrees for the Appy game in 2009. I've been at most of Fritz's list of all-time cold Griz' games. I will say, a Chinook playoff game in 2009 was probably the coldest I've ever spent at a football game, and the next year, while I was at the balmy Griz-Cat game in Missoula, the wind chill was -21 for Chinook's state title win over Wibaux. The field was completely frozen, Chinook put up 70 on Wibaux, and the Longhorn fans flooded the MHSA phones and our Havre Daily website crying foul that the game should have been postponed.

App St 09 was balmy compared to several other games. Doesn't even make my top 5. But my legs warming up in the motel that night reminded me that it was cold out, :shock:
Agreed. I also don't remember being cold at the 95 sfa game...but I was 19 and sitting in the student section...

MsMaroon said:
The UMass game is the one where I felt the coldest.
App State in 2009 was cold but so much fun I hardly noticed.
I don't remember being cold at the Wofford game. Just stunned at the end.

UMass was miserable in all ways. I'm sure the loss greatly enhanced my misery.

A concur wholeheartedly.

1Griz_Fan said:
The App St blizzard of 2009...followed closely by a couple other night playoff games, maybe one was Wofford but don't remember after the rage Phenicie put me in when he ran on 3rd and long with about 5-7 mins left in game and the Griz only got the ball back in closing min or two. Also Cat-Griz 1996 was first real cold game I attended when discovered cold peppermint schnapps mixed with hot chocolate is disgusting.

Wish I was adding tomorrows game to list so cheer loud for me Griz Nation.

Ditto. App St was a cold one but worth it. One of my daughters left at half time because she dressed "pretty" *shakes head* The wind was really biting near the end but that place was rockin!

RayWill said:
Hammer said:
Coldest ever played in. The 1982 chipper in Sidney. 10 below and 40 below wind chill. Still trying to warm up!

My cousins played in that. Uncle and Pops went to watch it. Still hear from all of them about how it was the coldest they have ever been.

Stevi or Sidney??

Hammer said:
RayWill said:
Hammer said:
Coldest ever played in. The 1982 chipper in Sidney. 10 below and 40 below wind chill. Still trying to warm up!

My cousins played in that. Uncle and Pops went to watch it. Still hear from all of them about how it was the coldest they have ever been.

Stevi or Sidney??

STEVI

1991 Butte High v Missoula Big Sky

22 below! The Missoula Guys had their regular cleats on for the first half and slipping around like they had lube on the feet! They came out for the second half with their tennis shoes on and socks over them. We had jet engine heaters on the sidelines and hot chocolate/chicken broth in the coolers. I think we beat them like 35-17 or something like that. I sure didn't mind playing much in that game! Anyone have memories of that game?

I played in the '95 State B Quarterfinal against Shepard in RL. I would love to believe it was in the negatives, but pretty sure it was just single digits. All the players on the field felt fine, but reports from the crowd say it was shitty cold. The pep band was using alcohol to keep their instruments from freezing. It helped that we beat them 40-something to 9.

1982 Sidney in State A championship. We whipped Stevensville 42-0 in minus 15 degree weather with 30 plus below wind chill! We had heaters on sideline and we needed them.

Well, if you consider ice fishing a "game," then I'd have to say: X?#?R reservoir, Bonneville County, Idaho, 1980 ... temperature -8º, wind chill, after an hour or two, -40º and dropping. Shee-haw that was cold! The hot(?) chocolate ran out early, but when the (cheap) brandy ran out, we went home ... check that ... to the nearest bar for some hot buttered rum.

As for football game ... Stephen F Austin, 1995 (see other thread) ...

Griz90 said:
1982 Sidney in State A championship. We whipped Stevensville 42-0 in minus 15 degree weather with 30 plus below wind chill! We had heaters on sideline and we needed them.

Been there done that. I was on that Stevi team. Congrats 30 yrs later.

Thank you. Thank you very much. That team kicked the door in for Sidney on the way to a decade of dominance. Good times.

Hammer said:
Griz90 said:

way to lay an egg hammer, g's.....haha jks!

becker2117 said:
Hammer said:
Griz90 said:

Fck off!!!! I'm still pissed to this day

Hammer said:
becker2117 said:
Hammer said:
Griz90 said:

i am too! im also from the root!

kurtismichael said:
becker2117 said:
Hammer said:
becker2117 said:

We need to keep Hammer angry. He'll create more noise tomorrow that way.
oh good call! :thumb: cant believe you let down the rest of the root! i was about 8 month old during that game, and i remember i crying like a bitch at the exact time that game was being played.........how is that? will that get him loud? :lol: :thumb:

becker2117 said:
kurtismichael said:
becker2117 said:
Hammer said:

We need to keep Hammer angry. He'll create more noise tomorrow that way.
oh good call! :thumb: cant believe you let down the rest of the root! i was about 8 month old during that game, and i remember i crying like a bitch at the exact time that game was being played.........how is that? will that get him loud? :lol: :thumb:

We'll find out tomorrow. Lol

Back