• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Northern Colorado

TxGriz

DONOR
Anyone know where Griz fans will be hanging out at Greely next weekend? Also some retail outlets where I could score a few a cases of Moose Drool to take home? There is a distributor in Ft. Worth who is handling the product now. I called their brand manager to find out some retail outlets in the Ft. Worth area. She said she was skeptical at first, but she said the brand really caught on and has shown some solid consumer demand.

TxGriz said:
Anyone know where Griz fans will be hanging out at Greely next weekend? Also some retail outlets where I could score a few a cases of Moose Drool to take home? There is a distributor in Ft. Worth who is handling the product now. I called their brand manager to find out some retail outlets in the Ft. Worth area. She said she was skeptical at first, but she said the brand really caught on and has shown some solid consumer demand.

i was shocked when we were in Dallas in July and a friend who lives in the area had located some Drool in one of the stores. Was nice to be able to sip on a real beer and not 'stoners bock' or whatever the heck it was called. :thumb:

meanmarv said:
Where are people buying tickets for the game, UNC or through UM?

Corrected your post for ya! :thumb:

I get mine through UNC, although it helps that I'm employed by UNC. And I still get the staff discount, even though they know I'm a Griz alum and fan!!! :lol:

I just plan on picking up tickets at the gate. I don't think it will be a problem. CSU is hosting TCU at the same time. Look for a small gathering in Greeley.

kemajic said:
I just plan on picking up tickets at the gate. I don't think it will be a problem. CSU is hosting TCU at the same time. Look for a small gathering in Greeley.

Yes, but it's also our homecoming. Won't be too small.

Tx Griz: there's probably a few liquor supermarkets in Denver where you could find some 'Drool. Lucas Liquors near Pine Meadows Mall probably has it.. if you feel the need to get off of I-25.

They serve Moose Drool on tap at the Griz hangout in Las Vegas -- Torrey Pines Pub, on Torrey Pines and W. Lake Mead Blvd (west of the I-15). Near the master-planned community of Summerlin (owned by the Howard Hughes Corp).

I'm sure most people on here know about Torrey Pines Pub, but in case you don't and you're in Las Vegas on a Griz football weekend you definitly should stop by. The owner, Bob, decorates the bar in Griz decor--so much so that you feel like you're in downtown Missoula. He then shows the games on all the TVs (Since 1992!!!), and he plays good gameday music and even announces "first down...montana" on a microphone. He plays the fight song after every score and throws in all the fan fav's like cotten eyed joe, thank god I'm a country boy, ect. ect.) He calls it, and rightfully so, the 2nd best place to watch the game. He has a "shot bar". This is a wooden plank that hangs above the inisde of the bar, he takes it down, puts shot glasses on it, fills it with your choice, and they people line up, usually at halftime or after the game (I've seen 7 at one time) and they tip the shot bar and drink their shots at one quick time. Bob announces play by play on this of course, it's a crowd pleaser. The long-time bartenders are GREAT, very personable and witty...Arnie and Dave. They have good food too.

Didn't mean to sound like a marketing peice for the place, :lol: , but I really enjoy this establishment.

As for Moose Drool, most larger liquor stores in the Denver metro area carry Bigsky brews. I am not sure if any stores in Greeley carry it though.

mtgrizrule said:
As for Moose Drool, most larger liquor stores in the Denver metro area carry Bigsky brews. I am not sure if any stores in Greeley carry it though.

I have seen them in Greeley. A few stores carry them.

Speaking of UNC. Myself, a friend, and brother are going to the game. We were thinking of staying in Greeley. What hotels/motels will GRIZ fans be staying in? BTW, someone from the Denver area posted awhile back that they may want to car pool. I cannot find the post now, but if you are interested I have room for 1 or 2. We may crash in Greeley though. PM me if interested.

Superior Liquors in Superior, Colorado sells Moose Drool. They also have a Big Sky Brewery sampler 12-pack that is very nice.

Latest posts

Back