• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FBS schools no longer scheduling FCS...

NavyBlue

Some in FBS are announcing they will no longer schedule FCS teams. I believe most of the G5 FBS will continue to schedule FCS, but they aren't the ones with the biggest paydays for FCS teams. Is this a concern to Griz or FCS fans? If this has already been discussed here my apologies.

http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/topic/61225-future-ooc-scheduling-philosophy/&page=1

There will be a lot of FCS programs that will be negatively affected by this who rely on the big paycheck.

kemajic said:
KoolMoeDee said:
PAC12 didn't get the memo.
They can always buy out.
I hope they buy them out...we get a big chunk of the money for not playing the game. Sounds like a pretty good deal and we can schedule an additional game against a better opponent.

kemajic said:
KoolMoeDee said:
They can always buy out.

I believe there is better than a 50/50 chance Washington and Oregon will exercise this option. I hope they don't so we get the opportunity to play them, but then $$$$$.....

Washington will absolutely not buy out the 2017 game. It will not happen, that's a fact. 2019 Oregon and 2021 Washington, might be a different story by then, but there is a better than ZERO percent chance of the Griz not playing in Husky Stadium in two years.

dupuyer griz said:
kemajic said:
KoolMoeDee said:
They can always buy out.
I hope they buy them out...we get a big chunk of the money for not playing the game. Sounds like a pretty good deal and we can schedule an additional game against a better opponent.

Exactly....... take the one million the Ducks are paying for the buyout and schedule a sixth home game (Christmas in the Fall)...... I just don't think the P5 conferences will get 100% participation in this concept (too many rouge schools). An example if I may.......Iowa State and Iowa not playing Northern Iowa; I think the AD's in the lower ends of the B1G and Big 12 will (probably need) to schedule FCS schools in order to achieve the magical 6 wins to get a bowl invite. As far as the SEC is concerned, nobody will tell Alabama, Auburn, the Mississippi schools, et al they can't schedule whomever the hell they want. Not gonna happen.

Keep in mind that is the P5s stop scheduling FCS schools then they will likely fill those dates with G5s their dates with FCS schools off the calendar. I could see a day in the not too distant future when FBS-FCS games are no more.

Programs that don't have a paying fan base will take a hit. I think this will actually help Montana because they have a large paying fan base compared to most FCS schools. The Idaho States and Eastern Washingtons of the FCS are the programs this will hurt the most.

grizaremoregooder said:
Programs that don't have a paying fan base will take a hit. I think this will actually help Montana because they have a large paying fan base compared to most FCS schools. The Idaho States and Eastern Washingtons of the FCS are the programs this will hurt the most.

That is why I think the Griz will eventually be affected by this. The schools you play will take a hit, big time. At some point, they may move down to D2, or drop football all together. Reducing the pool of teams for the Griz to play.

Latest posts

Back