• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Same ole Stitt different week

The "Little General" lost more credibility and "buy-in" from players and fans alike. His "gut" calls need to be replaced by situational awareness. Attempts a 50 yard FG (that hit the upright) but declines to kick two short FG's on 4th down? Who does that? How do players trust Stitts calls? The offensive genius Griz Nation expected has tunnel vision. Nguyen dives the A gap, bubble screens to Naccarato, and suddenly it's 4th and five. Four downs to move 10 yards... if the offense converts. The "no huddle" should tire the opposing defense. Nope. It's tiring the Griz defense because they're on the field sooner and longer. Apparently student athletes at division 2 Colorado Mines are more capable of running coach Stitts "complex offensive schemes" than the Griz. Actually it can't be that complex because 3 of the 6 opposing teams figured it out. Halftime adjustments are allegedly coach Stitts specialty; second half points scored in 3 losses... opponents 23, Griz 21. I sincerely hope Bob Stitt trades some of his ego for humility and creativity SOON !

Stitt is just being stupid. What's worse is that for all his football IQ he has no smarts about the game. It's like being in MENSA but having no common sense.

giphy.gif

This offense has us boxed in a corner. There is nothing to change up to. Jones and Henderson go long, Roberts tries to find a hole in the middle of the field, Naccarato goes short. No option to help pass blocking with a tight end or blocking back. The same thing week after week. At this level anyone can beat you if they know what you are going to do. If anyone has seen any adjustments what are they?

"The "Little General" lost more credibility and "buy-in" from players and fans alike. His "gut" calls need to be replaced by situational awareness." This probably hits the nail on the head better than the other posts.

"The "Little General" lost more credibility and "buy-in" from players and fans alike. His "gut" calls need to be replaced by situational awareness." This probably hits the nail on the head better than the other posts.

Hey grizindabox...
http://media.tumblr.com/88273b5d06cb2da894224acf2457c523/tumblr_inline_mlef5v0Fca1qz4rgp.gif

Shut up. If you're going to call for his head after 6 games and a win versus NDSU then go buy some blue and gold.

brewskis said:
Shut up. If you're going to call for his head after 6 games and a win versus NDSU then go buy some blue and gold.
Exactly!

What I love is how the "downers" on this site seem to forget, is that Stitt has clients at levels much higher than us. Levels that respect his abilities and seek them out.

The defeated attitude is a for sure sign to me that not only have many not played the game, but have never competed in much of anything.

Meanwhile folks need to get a grip.

Or drink a warm glass of milk 2 remove the red whine from your upper lip.

Offense D+ Defense C,
The novelty of the spread has worn off. Look at the success of those teams that began with the concept and where are they now. Only one team has ever won a "Championship" with it and he was a Heisman winner Cam Newton.they also had two key positions implemented to make it successful. The OC has decided to do away with both of those positions. Now for the grading.
Offense: Talent: If you can't block the DE or 2nd level backer your run game will be non existent.
(Look at how many tackles the opposing DE makes.) Limited trap blocking, no inside screens,no drag routes with initial rubs or no passes of 7-12 yards over the middle. QB's are leading the team in rushing? (not by design) How many passes on the "Bubble screen" are thrown below the knees. Two of the top 10 1AA wide outs and they get less than 10 touches combined.( move them around to get more- not 6 catches for 88 yds).This level of the "Spread" is that of high school and small college. The talent pool for certain positions is limited and yet we are not using the talent available at other positions.
Defense: State of Confusion: Too many times at the snap the defense wasn't set, only athleticism, strength saved the day. How many games are we going to get beat by an over the top pass by a running back? 3 and counting. Did we forget how to Blitz? Limited Pass rush, DE were contained and no one else was put in the position to rush.(T's and LB's)Stretch run is too successful by the opposition. Too many sustained drives

Re-evaluate on the field decisions (especially 4th down and field position), upgrade the "Spread" to a Pro set with spread, and option possibilities, use athleticism on defense (blitz from all 7 available positions at times---obvious passing downs with press coverage. We have the best overall talent in the Big Sky...we need to use it all. Go Griz.

The question that comes to mind is who is going to blink? Does Stitt realize his style of football may not be as effective at this level and changes or does Stitt still think he has the answer to competitive football at Montana and pushes harder to stay the course?
When he was asked about his philosophy about going for it on 4th down his comment was, "get used to it."

PhxGriz said:
brewskis said:
Exactly!

What I love is how the "downers" on this site seem to forget, is that Stitt has clients at levels much higher than us. Levels that respect his abilities and seek them out.

The defeated attitude is a for sure sign to me that not only have many not played the game, but have never competed in much of anything.
Just look at 2010, we went from playing in the NC in 09 to 7-4 in one year. Next season we went to the semifinals. Stitt took over a worse team and still has a shot at a similar record. I love Stitt and his attitude and mentality. He's owned his decisions 100% and is sticking to his guns. He's done very well going to his 3rd string QB and has still MOVED THE BALL.

The one good thing we can take from poor red zone efficiency is that we are GETTING TO THE RED ZONE. Someone on this site pulled up some stats from around the big sky and found that we have more red zone trips than EWU and MSU. Jesus Christ that is impressive with our QB, OL, and RB situation.

I'm behind Stitt till the end, his brand of offense is exciting, and it's only going to get better. I bet we will see 3 rs-freshmen starting at OL next year....take that to the bank. Not sugar-coating this, believe me we SUCK this year, not anywhere near what we were 4-6 years ago. We will get there.

Even before the Weber loss, I posted that my irrational exuberance has shifted to neutral and even after the loss it remains there. Why not more negative? Because I live in Oregon I see first hand another team on the ropes. The Ducks have the same system, same coach, and returned a lot of their previous talent from the previous year and they are struggling also. Their defense was middling last year and is now being exposed by their weak offense. The loss of a superstar QB is killing them. Stitt's offense is likewise ultra-dependent on the QB executing the offense. Maybe you can blame him for that choice but UO showed last year how the right QB can make all the difference. Ironically, I have long believde that Simis is the right guy this year and have wondered why he was not starting. His play against Weebs was not great but not bad for his first start. I think he will get it going and make Stitt look a whole lot smarter, not that Stitt can't make better decisions of his own also.

Back