• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jimmy Wilson MNF

DoubleNicks

Jimmy had an INT right before half and almost had another one when he undercut a sideline route but couldn't hang on. Brings his career picks to 5. With 3 forced fumbles and 2 sacks that's not too shabby for a guy who plays safety and hasn't gotten a ton of looks outside of special teams until this year.

Yah his pick was actually ridiculously easy but his near interception in the second half was a great read and move on the ball. I didn't see him get burned or beat or anything once the whole game too. Tru and Jimmy are both playing extremely well

The "defenseless player" call at the end of that game seemed weak. The "defenseless" player was falling into the end zone and the Charger hit him a little high (looked like shoulder to helmet) to stop the game winning TD. That call allowed the final play vs. a FG that would have just tied the game.

Mousegriz said:
The "defenseless player" call at the end of that game seemed weak. The "defenseless" player was falling into the end zone and the Charger hit him a little high (looked like shoulder to helmet) to stop the game winning TD. That call allowed the final play vs. a FG that would have just tied the game.

And there should have been 18 more seconds on the clock for the steelers. Refs screwed that up too. Goes both ways. Also, no way the Steelers were going to overtime with Vick against Rivers. Even if they had no timeouts with 5 seconds left, they still would have run Bell in to win it.

With the 18 seconds back on the clock the personal foul probably means less, I agree. But the 18 seconds sure got more air time. The questionable PF call did help set up all the "Steeler Nation" drama, kudos to Tomlin, and "The La Veon Bell" hour that followed on the postgame show. Miller would have scored if the SD defender hadn't hit the "defenseless player" as he was falling into the end zone. NFL is weird.......

Mousegriz said:
With the 18 seconds back on the clock the personal foul probably means less, I agree. But the 18 seconds sure got more air time. The questionable PF call did help set up all the "Steeler Nation" drama, kudos to Tomlin, and "The La Veon Bell" hour that followed on the postgame show. Miller would have scored if the SD defender hadn't hit the "defenseless player" as he was falling into the end zone. NFL is weird.......

Not that I disagree that the call was questionable, but you don't think they would have scored from the one yard line?

Griz2k said:
Mousegriz said:

Not that I disagree that the call was questionable, but you don't think they would have scored from the one yard line?

I think the same "Pitt drama" would have probably occurred. Just can't figure out a league where it's a PF penalty when you hit a guy a little high who's falling into the end zone about to score the winning TD at the end of the game. The call did stop the clock and allow Pitt to save its TO. With the 18 seconds back they either have to run a play fast or call the TO. They "got" the 18 seconds back with the penalty call. Tomlin and Pitt are the greatest, Big Ben is God, Steeler Nation travels so well....... and they might make the playoffs this year.

Mousegriz said:
Griz2k said:
Mousegriz said:

I think the same "Pitt drama" would have probably occurred. Just can't figure out a league where it's a PF penalty when you hit a guy a little high who's falling into the end zone about to score the winning TD at the end of the game. The call did stop the clock and allow Pitt to save its TO. With the 18 seconds back they either have to run a play fast or call the TO. They "got" the 18 seconds back with the penalty call. Tomlin and Pitt are the greatest, Big Ben is God, Steeler Nation travels so well....... and they might make the playoffs this year.

I'm having a little trouble reading between the lines here mouse. It almost sounds as if you don't like the Steelers!

Mousegriz said:

Every team gets flagged for hits on "defenseless receivers". Many times the defender does everything right and leads with the shoulder but is still flagged. That is what the NFL is now. Coaches/Players/fans have to adjust. The hit on Miller was an easy call - helmet to helmet as Miller was coming down with the ball.

Screenshot-2015-10-14-03.41.27-777x437.png

LeVeon Bell deserves his own hour. He's the best back in the league.

20151012pdSteelersSports05-1.jpg

Back