• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I'll just leave this here

One of my fondest memories as a Griz fan. Watched game in a bar in a suburb of Atlanta. Patrons went from why are you watching that game to sorry but your getting your arse kicked to cheering loudly as the fourth quarter unfolded!

yellowstone60 said:
have watched it many times over the years but, the Keith Thompson hit, wow!
I have seen that kind of hit delivered with the crown of the helmet (dangerous of course -- and now will get you ejected) but KT cleanly buried his shoulder dead-center into the receiver's chest and transferred every bit of his kinetic energy into to the guy. De-cleater defined.

The best part of that day was when we popped into the PressBox right after the game and there was a group of celebrating SDSU fans who had left after 3 quarters and had not yet become aware of the final outcome. And still would not believe it....until the inflow of celebrating Griz fans outnumbered them.

Hard to argue that Keith Thompson isn't at least 1A or 1B when discussing hardest hitters in UM history. Hope this weekends game isn't quite as stressful :thumb:

StumptownGriz said:
Hard to argue that Keith Thompson isn't at least 1A or 1B when discussing hardest hitters in UM history. Hope this weekends game isn't quite as stressful :thumb:

Yamen Sanders definitely channeled him with his hit on Eastern's QB. Hope to see more of that in the postseason. :thumb:

Htowngriz said:
StumptownGriz said:

Yamen Sanders definitely channeled him with his hit on Eastern's QB. Hope to see more of that in the postseason. :thumb:

Yamen Sanders looks like a LB up close. Holy shit I would hate to get hit by that dude!

Retiredram1 said:
I had no voice for 2 days after that game!

Its the only Griz game ever that we almost left early. At 48-21 we were packing up our stuff. I was pissed and didn't want to see any more. Then the Mariani Miracle happened (thanks Kurtis). I would have never forgave myself if I had missed that. It was almost like a dream. Even the next day I wasn't sure that it actually happened.

Htowngriz said:
StumptownGriz said:

Totally reminded me of Keith Thompson the way he planted his face mask right in the QBs chest! That was a big time hit. Yamen has definitely showed an ability to light guys up this season, he's been a huge addition to our secondary (literally). Not many FCS teams have 6'4" 210lb safety that can cover.

jtgriz2 said:
One of my fondest memories as a Griz fan. Watched game in a bar in a suburb of Atlanta. Patrons went from why are you watching that game to sorry but your getting your arse kicked to cheering loudly as the fourth quarter unfolded!

That happens a lot when I watch GRIZ games by myself in bars in the southeast(I live in Asheville, NC now.) Its fun to watch GRIZ fans form in front of your eyes!

I watched the 2009 SDSU game from my house in Portland, OR. The next weekend I was first row, fifty yard line at Wa-GRIZ! The app state players complained to the cops that I was being too loud. They even claimed that my foam GRIZ bat, that I was using to bang on the railing, was made of lead and was an illegal noise maker! The Msla County Sheriff gave it a squeeze and said, "nope its fine." He gave me a wink and handed it back and said "Go GRIZ!"

ButteRatGriz said:
jtgriz2 said:

That happens a lot when I watch GRIZ games by myself in bars in the southeast(I live in Asheville.) Its fun to watch GRIZ fans form in front of your eyes!

Asheville is a beautiful place! I have a number of SEC fans now hooked into the Griz! My phone was non-stop texts during UM NDSU game... Good to be a Griz

EverettGriz said:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_opg3JR3M[/youtube]

1. The Clarkfork Comeback. The Miracle in Missoula. What a legendary game.
2. Man, I miss those unis.
3. NOTHING better than watching Andrew, Verlanic, Reynolds & MM show the FCS how Montana boys get it done.

:thumb:

Don't' forget. Thompson did the same thing to App State's receiver in that playoff game. Dude really knew how to lay the wood for his size.

Those two games. . . two of the most memorable games I've ever been to... NDSU win this year. MAN I love the Griz, our stadium/fans & GRIZ Nation!

Here's to a GREAT game on Saturday. . . I just hope the fans show up more than what is projected....

Hammer said:
Retiredram1 said:
I had no voice for 2 days after that game!

Its the only Griz game ever that we almost left early. At 48-21 we were packing up our stuff. I was pissed and didn't want to see any more. Then the Mariani Miracle happened (thanks Kurtis). I would have never forgave myself if I had missed that. It was almost like a dream. Even the next day I wasn't sure that it actually happened.

Same exact thing here, almost left early. That won't happen again.

Had to show the fiance the clip of this game on youtube. She was wavering. Didn't want to make the trip to Missoula since the roads turned to crap this morning. Good to go now.

We're Montanans. We do shit. Screw weather.

Sundown said:
EverettGriz said:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_opg3JR3M[/youtube]

1. The Clarkfork Comeback. The Miracle in Missoula. What a legendary game.
2. Man, I miss those unis.
3. NOTHING better than watching Andrew, Verlanic, Reynolds & MM show the FCS how Montana boys get it done.

:thumb:

Selle was a large reason as to why we were behind so much.

Eriul, CR coughed up the rock which led to a score and the Griz botched a punt attempt too, Tru got smoked a couple times in that game too. Whats your point?

Back