• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thanksgiving and Griz tickets!

rocklobster

Seems like every time the Griz make the playoffs, and have a first round game there are 7,000 seats unoccupied. I'm no philanthropist, and I don't have money to do this, but why not make the tickets available to people or children who can't afford it? Fill up the stadium! Can't wait to hear the arguments and cynical statements! Seems like 7,000 extra greatful fans would be better than empty seats! "Hey, I pay for my seats!"

I agree but since it's a playoff game the NCAA is calling all the shots and I highly doubt they would go for that.

Would the NCAssyAsses even allow that since they control virtually every aspect of playoff games?

Not a bad idea though.

Great Idea, won't happen. Wish it could. Projected attendance as of 4 p.m. today is around 16K. And no Grizbeer, I'm not going to rant about it.

However many of us show up at WaGriz on Saturday, you know it's going to be more than attend any of the other first round games. The NCAA prays every year that the Griz will make the playoffs.

havgrizfan said:
Great Idea, won't happen. Wish it could. Projected attendance as of 4 p.m. today is around 16K. And no Grizbeer, I'm not going to rant about it.
Ha good for you Hav. Great to see you getting smarter as you get older. It's the second best thing about getting older. First best thing about getting older is it beats the alternative. But if it makes you feel better I added 1 ticket to my normal amount for the game.

I have two tickets section 406. Row 10 seats 7 & 8 free just pm me.....on the x49- 50 yd line pm me I want to see wg full. Sorry would have been there but have a funeral at 2:00.

I have two tickets section 406. Row 10 seats 7 & 8 free just pm me.....on the x49- 50 yd line pm me I want to see wg full. Sorry would have been there but have a funeral at 2:00.

Mineral Griz said:

never even heard of sec 406?????

Hammer said:
Mineral Griz said:

never even heard of sec 406?????

You call yourself a fan?!

You know, section 406, the high end club for the real fans, the one they don't tell the slower people about because they don't want them to kno....oooh wait a minute....never mind, never heard of it.

rocklobster said:
Seems like every time the Griz make the playoffs, and have a first round game there are 7,000 seats unoccupied. I'm no philanthropist, and I don't have money to do this, but why not make the tickets available to people or children who can't afford it? Fill up the stadium! Can't wait to hear the arguments and cynical statements! Seems like 7,000 extra greatful fans would be better than empty seats! "Hey, I pay for my seats!"

Great idea!! Maybe Denny Washington could buy them up and given them away.

I wonder how many tickets have been sold. Sure hope we are north of 20,000 on Saturday.

rogermp said:
rocklobster said:

Great idea!! Maybe Denny Washington could buy them up and given them away.

I wonder how many tickets have been sold. Sure hope we are north of 20,000 on Saturday.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES/status/670309535907577859[/tweet]

UMGRIZZLIES ‏@UMGRIZZLIES 5m5 minutes ago
12,500 tickets sold for tomorrow’s #FCSPlayoffs game! Visit http://griztix.com or stop by the @ACGrizTix & get your tix TODAY! #GoGriz

grizindabox said:
UMGRIZZLIES ‏@UMGRIZZLIES 5m5 minutes ago
12,500 tickets sold for tomorrow’s #FCSPlayoffs game! Visit http://griztix.com or stop by the @ACGrizTix & get your tix TODAY! #GoGriz

Sheesh, I sure hope we get more than that in the stadium!

rocklobster said:
"Hey, I pay for my seats!"

I assume that this is in reference to season ticket holders???? In the playoffs, you are either in or out. I would think that it is rare for someone to buy the tickets for a playoff game and not show up, which can happen during regular season games. The vast majority of empty seats in the playoffs are simply unsold.

'68griz said:
However many of us show up at WaGriz on Saturday, you know it's going to be more than attend any of the other first round games. The NCAA prays every year that the Griz will make the playoffs.

Not only do Griz fans show up in numbers, we also pay the highest playoff ticket prices - $35 this year. Most places charge about half that.

I bet if the NCAA gave UM a waiver that would allow for lower pricing, we could get 20,000 to attend.

mtgriz said:
'68griz said:

Not only do Griz fans show up in numbers, we also pay the highest playoff ticket prices - $35 this year. Most places charge about half that.

I bet if the NCAA gave UM a waiver that would allow for lower pricing, we could get 20,000 to attend.
I believe the ticket prices are set by the athletic department, & I think the prices are set based on how much the bid is the athletic department puts together. I don't know exactly how it works, but if they don't make their bid number in ticket sales, then I think the athletic department basically goes in the hole for the difference

Back