Lyles Going JUCO

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
HookedonGriz
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: University of Montana

Lyles Going JUCO

Post by HookedonGriz » Tue May 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Kare Lyles (some rumored him to be a possible Griz dropping down from Wisconsin) going the JUCO route to Scottsdale Community.

alabamagrizzly
Starter
I am a fan of: Montana Griz

Re: Lyles Going JUCO

Post by alabamagrizzly » Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Bobby probably called him and said “don’t bother, Sneed’s our guy.” 8-)
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's

dayday
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: Griz and Zags

Post by dayday » Tue May 15, 2018 6:46 pm

Wondering what is the deal with Cam Humphreys. I wonder when he makes the decision if I was the coaches I would want an answer rather quickly so I can come up with some back up options. It seems like there may be a few.

uofmman1122
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: Metrosexual Uniforms

Post by uofmman1122 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:08 am

dayday wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:46 pm
Wondering what is the deal with Cam Humphreys. I wonder when he makes the decision if I was the coaches I would want an answer rather quickly so I can come up with some back up options. It seems like there may be a few.
I mean, fair or unfair, why would any QB come here if he thinks he's just going to back up Sneed?

Also, I think it's probably pretty safe to assume he's already DM'd Gresch, so there's that, too.

He would be a great get, though.

mtgrizfankb
Starter

Post by mtgrizfankb » Wed May 16, 2018 8:49 am

uofmman1122 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:08 am
dayday wrote:
I mean, fair or unfair, why would any QB come here if he thinks he's just going to back up Sneed?

Also, I think it's probably pretty safe to assume he's already DM'd Gresch, so there's that, too.

Because your one play away from being the guy. Phillips knows all about that and so does Jensen. if you were right...why would anyteam have 2 QBs on the roster?
Griz Nation. Loud Proud and Maroon.

spsyk
eGriz Supporter

Post by spsyk » Wed May 16, 2018 9:14 am

alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Well, we know one thing for sure GJ isn’t our guy.

spsyk
eGriz Supporter

Post by spsyk » Wed May 16, 2018 9:19 am

uofmman1122 wrote:
dayday wrote:

Maybe someone will come in and try to compete to try to beat Sneed out, isn’t that the way it is supposed to go, best athlete gets the job.

SoldierGriz
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: Griz

Post by SoldierGriz » Wed May 16, 2018 9:41 am

mtgrizfankb wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:49 am
uofmman1122 wrote:
dayday wrote:

Because your one play away from being the guy. Phillips knows all about that and so does Jensen. if you were right...why would anyteam have 2 QBs on the roster?
Transfers want to start. Period. GJ is exhibit one - they don't want to wait in line for an injury or graduation. It has nothing to do with not wanting to compete...every one of these kids with D1 talent is competitive.

I don't blame them for wanting to put themselves in the best possible position to lead a football team and showcase their talent.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

bgbigdog
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by bgbigdog » Wed May 16, 2018 10:09 am

Might be leaving out a more important consideration - how about do the coaches see the kid as a fit? Last I heard, they still make the offers. Self-selection hasn’t quite taken hold as yet.
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

alabamagrizzly
Starter

Post by alabamagrizzly » Wed May 16, 2018 11:17 am

spsyk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:14 am
alabamagrizzly wrote:

Ya, that’s what Bobby said. HEY OHHH!! 8-)
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's

uofmman1122
eGriz Supporter

Post by uofmman1122 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:25 am

bgbigdog wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:09 am
Might be leaving out a more important consideration - how about do the coaches see the kid as a fit? Last I heard, they still make the offers. Self-selection hasn’t quite taken hold as yet.
They offered the kid a scholly, so it sounds like they’re interested.

uofmman1122
eGriz Supporter

Post by uofmman1122 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:29 am

mtgrizfankb wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:49 am
uofmman1122 wrote:
dayday wrote:

They guy advertises himself as the best unsigned JUCO QB in the country. I think it’s safe to assume he wants to start wherever he goes. It’s also not hard to DM the high profile QB that just left, nor is it hard to find this website where people are arguing over whether or not the coaches pushed out a really good QB in favor of their guy.

I’m not saying it’s fair, but we offered and he still is looking, so it sure seems like for whatever reason he’s not interested in us.

Hope that changes, though.

spsyk
eGriz Supporter

Post by spsyk » Wed May 16, 2018 3:54 pm

alabamagrizzly wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:17 am
spsyk wrote:
alabamagrizzly wrote:

Can you direct me anywhere or point out where anyone on the staff made the decision that Sneed is going to be the starter in September.

With the exception of GJ, even he didn’t know for sure.

alabamagrizzly
Starter

Post by alabamagrizzly » Wed May 16, 2018 6:51 pm

spsyk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:54 pm
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:17 am
spsyk wrote:
alabamagrizzly wrote:

Can you direct me anywhere or point out where anyone on the staff made the decision that Sneed is going to be the starter in September.

With the exception of GJ, even he didn’t know for sure.
Well it’s all over eGriz for one. Isn’t that proof enough?

IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: MONTANA

Post by IntuitiveGriz » Wed May 16, 2018 9:59 pm

HookedonGriz wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:12 pm
Kare Lyles (some rumored him to be a possible Griz dropping down from Wisconsin) going the JUCO route to Scottsdale Community.
Sneed is from Scottsdale (Horizon HS). Of all the gin joints...
72-39-5 against state

WE ARE MONTANA!!!

dayday
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: Griz and Zags

Post by dayday » Thu May 17, 2018 4:15 am

IntuitiveGriz wrote:
HookedonGriz wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:12 pm
Sneed is from Scottsdale (Horizon HS). Of all the gin joints...
Lyles and Sneed are friends too. I think Lyles going JC was the smarter route for him. Guaranteed to play at home then can assess the FBS/FCS landscape after the year. It’s tough right now to recruit because it’s rushed for these kids going JC slows the process down a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk