• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can someone explain to me...

grizpsych

...why Idaho absolutely sucks this year? I get that they don't have a good QB. But there team is bad in all aspects of football. Did a bunch of players leave after last season? I would ask their fans, but there is no way I'm paying for access to their board.

grizpsych said:
...why Idaho absolutely sucks this year? I get that they don't have a good QB. But there team is bad in all aspects of football. Did a bunch of players leave after last season? I would ask their fans, but there is no way I'm paying for access to their board.

Very simply.....their the spuds.

This has been discussed by them. Actually Petrino said it best: “some people are playing hard, some aren’t.” The consensus is that the guys recruited to play FBS are pissed that they are lower tier, and many are just going through the motions. It is pretty clear that Petrino has lost that locker room.

Oh, yeah. There is also the fact that Idaho sucks by default.

PDXGrizzly said:
This has been discussed by them. Actually Petrino said it best: “some people are playing hard, some aren’t.” The consensus is that the guys recruited to play FBS are pissed that they are lower tier, and many are just going through the motions. It is pretty clear that Petrino has lost that locker room.

Oh, yeah. There is also the fact that Idaho sucks by default.

Without knowing for sure, I would guess that nearly all Idaho players from out of state chose to attend to play FBS football instead of an FCS program closer to home. The FBS, I suppose, was one of Idaho's best recruiting tools to lure out of state players.

There are a ton of football players that would much rather play for a terrible FBS team than even a great FCS team.

Idaho’s problem is that they are actually a terrible FCS team.

I’d feel more sorry for the players, but they do play for Idaho. :lol:

If that's the case it means the existing players are a lot like the fans? Too good for the fcs?

BS. If that's the case prove that you are too good for this league, this conference.

At this point it's all on the numb nuts HC. I guess he as well, is too talented to coach in the Big Sky Conference.

And the perfect way to prove they are too good for this shit is to get their asses kicked by three scores by UCD......just to prove a point.

Several reasons they suck. That is just a small part of it.

Don't those kids realize if they have talent & Idaho becomes a BSC contender, that NFL scouts will find them? Example: MT

Grizzoola said:
Don't those kids realize if they have talent & Idaho becomes a BSC contender, that NFL scouts will find them? Example: MT
In many cases, it seems they simply equate name recognition as the biggest factor in NFL opportunities. Therefore, Idaho being FBS instantly appears better than Montana, in the FCS to many players. I noticed the same phenomenon watching "Last Chance U," where players would rather forego football, than play for a non-FBS school.

Could the conference trade Idaho for a better team like Adams St or Utah Valley St? Do they play football?

They should be better than they are playing right now. Isn't Petrino still making FBS money? I doubt that they will keep that staff very long if they aren't winning. I am very surprised that they are not competitive at the FCS level. Who knows maybe they will turn it around.

I mentioned this on another thread, but it is a sad state of affairs on the Idaho forum. They don't like their odds against Portland State this year.

grizaremoregooder said:
They should be better than they are playing right now. Isn't Petrino still making FBS money? I doubt that they will keep that staff very long if they aren't winning. I am very surprised that they are not competitive at the FCS level. Who knows maybe they will turn it around.

They seem to think that Idaho can’t afford to buy Petrino’s contract out. They worry that they are stuck with him for a long time. An Idaho alum friend of mine is hoping Petrino Gary Andersons and walks rather than stay in the dumpster fire. I kind of feel sorry for them in a way. They just assumed they would dominate because they were FBS. To be competitive, they are going to have to gut their entire program and start from scratch. Otherwise they will be perennial doormats line their cousins at ISU.

After dominating the FCS to the tune of zero national titles they decided to move up and play their natural rivals in the Sun Belt conference. Troy State and Sri Lanka being two of their regular opponents.

I have to give a positive remark anout UI, their ticket office personnel were friendly and helpful in the purchasing tickets for the game on November 10th.
I refuse to spend any extra time in Moscow outside the pregame festivities and the game itself.
The ticket office was almost too kind(like cheese on a trap) looking forward to the game.

SaskGriz said:
After dominating the FCS to the tune of zero national titles they decided to move up and play their natural rivals in the Sun Belt conference. Troy State and Sri Lanka being two of their regular opponents.
:lol:
In all seriousness, none of you new bandwagon fans remember, but Idaho used to be our real rival back when we had the real original colors in the Old Dornblaser days before any of you were born. Frankfurters were a nickel at the concessions stand, and the winner of the 50/50 drawing got to return the first punt of the 3d quarter. My Uncle Randy subbed in at nosetackle from the third row one game and got a few TFLs before anyone noticed.

fanofzoo said:
grizpsych said:

*they’re, not their

CDAGRIZ said:
SaskGriz said:
:lol:
In all seriousness, none of you new bandwagon fans remember, but Idaho used to be our real rival back when we had the real original colors in the Old Dornblaser days before any of you were born. Frankfurters were a nickel at the concessions stand, and the winner of the 50/50 drawing got to return the first punt of the 3d quarter. My Uncle Randy subbed in at nosetackle from the third row one game and got a few TFLs before anyone noticed.

That's outstanding! :lol:

I remember Dornblazer well. If some fans think too many people miss the game to tailgate today, I remember turning and looking over the bleachers to see more people in the parking lot than were sitting in the stands. Kegs on the tailgates, not too many $100,000 RV's and buses.

BigSkyBears said:
fanofzoo said:
grizpsych said:

*they’re, not their

It's why I married an English teacher, where was she when it mattered the most.

Back