• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Largest FCS Stadia (Stadiums)

BadlandsGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
How the hell would you know, playing the game instead of watching? :lol: ;)

I've also watched in each of those stadiums. And, playing, I never lost a game in any of those stadiums. Lost only one game when I was playing. Played in every game I suited up for.

What? Elaborate please.

Please dont

I was genuinely curious. So I guess my question for PR would be - how many college games did you suit up for?

poorgriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
I've also watched in each of those stadiums. And, playing, I never lost a game in any of those stadiums. Lost only one game when I was playing. Played in every game I suited up for.

What? Elaborate please.

Please dont

I was genuinely curious. So I guess my question for PR would be - how many college games did you suit up for?

4 years worth, minus 2. And played in all of those games, starting for 3 years. Missed a couple my soph year with separated shoulder. We lost one I didn't suit up for. My class, while not particularly strong, is the winningest class in Dartmouth football history, We had 2 great classes ahead of us and 2 great ones behind us. Dartmouth won the Ivies 5 years in a row. Won the Lambert Trophy as the best team in the East my junior year, over 7-3 Penn St, Pitt, BC, Syracuse, West Va, etc. Penn St's running backs that year were Franco Harris and Lydell Mitchell. We didn't play them. We would have crushed them. Ha. We had a good run. Dartmouth also won the Lambert Trophy twice in the 60's.

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
What? Elaborate please.

Please dont

4 years worth, minus 2. And played in all of those games, starting for 3 years. Missed a couple my soph year with separated shoulder. We lost one I didn't suit up for. My class, while not particularly strong, is the winningest class in Dartmouth football history, We had 2 great classes ahead of us and 2 great ones behind us. Dartmouth won the Ivies 5 years in a row. Won the Lambert Trophy as the best team in the East my junior year, over 7-3 Penn St, Pitt, BC, Syracuse, West Va, etc. Penn St's running backs that year were Franco Harris and Lydell Mitchell. We didn't play them. We would have crushed them. Ha. We had a good run. Dartmouth also won the Lambert Trophy twice in the 60's.

Wow. Losing one game in your entire college career? That is pretty incredible. :clap:

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Please dont

Wow. Losing one game in your entire college career? That is pretty incredible. :clap:

Lost only to lowly Columbia. They lost only 3 games that year. Defended eventual Redskin Hog George Starke much of game, as well as a speedy athletic receiver who had a brief NFL shot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Starke

AZGrizFan said:
So....what you're saying is....you've played the game.

Actually, no. It was long been established that I played the game. The additional information is that I played in the listed stadiums.

Mouse, what is the largest crowd you ever played a high school or college game in front of? What was the largest stadium/arena you played in? Did you ever play on national or regional television? Did ABC's Chris Schenkel, Bud Wilkerson, and Marv Fleming ever announce a televised game you played in? How many times were you introduced on tv? How many college varsity games did you play in? You have a big mouth, but virtually nothing to back it up with.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Actually, no. It was long been established that I played the game. The additional information is that I played in the listed stadiums.

Mouse, what is the largest crowd you ever played a high school or college game in front of? What was the largest stadium/arena you played in? Did you ever play on national or regional television? Did ABC's Chris Schenkel, Bud Wilkerson, and Marv Fleming ever announce a televised game you played in? How many times were you introduced on tv? How many college varsity games did you play in? You have a big mouth, but virtually nothing to back it up with.

100+ words........drop a few names, puff out the chest, misspell a Hall of Fame coach's name and validate my earlier post!!

I'm guessing that there are some old report cards out there with 'doesn't play well with others' written on them. :lol: That would apply to quite a few posters on eGriz.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

100+ words........drop a few names, puff out the chest, misspell a Hall of Fame coach's name and validate my earlier post!!

Like I said, big mouth who can't back up what he says. Jealous of people who have had some success in sports and life.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Like I said, big mouth who can't back up what he says. Jealous of people who have had some success in sports and life.

Back up what? Jealous of what? Certainly no need to "back up" that you are an egomaniac over the hill football player from the 1960's who now types out insults to people anonymously on the internet while listening to Springsteen's Glory Days on endless repeat.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Back up what? Jealous of what? Certainly no need to "back up" that you are an egomaniac over the hill football player from the 1960's who now types out insults to people anonymously on the internet while listening to Springsteen's Glory Days on endless repeat.

Like I said, you are jealous of people who have had some success and you can't back up what your big mouth keeps saying. Just a little man talking big behind a key board.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’ll play. Missoula Big Sky stadium, state championship in Nov of ‘94. My claim to fame is backing up Grizzly great and one time NY Giant Jeremy Watkins for four years.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’ll play. Missoula Big Sky stadium, state championship in Nov of ‘94. My claim to fame is backing up Grizzly great and one time NY Giant Jeremy Watkins for four years.

That's great. Any idea where Watkins is now?

My sister recently visited Australia and connected with the one foreign exchange student in my senior year class at Bozeman high. He is a long time member of Supreme Court in Australia and former head the bar association of Australia. He was a rugby player in Australia. Came out for football at Bozeman high. I taught him how to play. He intercepted a pass in one game, as a back-up. My sister sent me a photo from his very large and formal office. Right behind his desk in big shelves with many law books, was a white American football helmet and football. The helmet was positioned to show the star awarded to him for his interception. I sent him an email saying I saw the star in the photo and recalled his interception. He said that he recalled that Hardin scored only twice on Bozeman as we clobbered them, and he was on the field for both scores. He comes back to Bozeman fairly often. Had a condo downtown until a year ago. So my claim to fame is that I taught an Australian rugby player and now Supreme Court member to play American football.

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

That's great. Any idea where Watkins is now?

My sister recently visited Australia and connected with the one foreign exchange student in my senior year class at Bozeman high. He is a long time member of Supreme Court in Australia and former head the bar association of Australia. He was a rugby player in Australia. Came out for football at Bozeman high. I taught him how to play. He intercepted a pass in one game, as a back-up. My sister sent me a photo from his very large and formal office. Right behind his desk in big shelves with many law books, was a white American football helmet and football. The helmet was positioned to show the star awarded to him for his interception. I sent him an email saying I saw the star in the photo and recalled his interception. He said that he recalled that Hardin scored only twice on Bozeman as we clobbered them, and he was on the field for both scores. He comes back to Bozeman fairly often. Had a condo downtown until a year ago. So my claim to fame is that I taught an Australian rugby player and now Supreme Court member to play American football.

Last I had heard from a Missoulian article in 2009 he was living in Portland with his wife and high school sweetheart(the same person, not two different women) working for the city.

That’s a cool story too about your Aussie friend and noticing his helmet in the pic. That time of his life obviously met a lot to him and you were a big part of that.

Grisly Fan said:
druhag said:
Grisly Fan said:
Actually, Wa-Griz is now twelve. The recently improved Providence Park where the PSU Vikings play has official seating of 25,218 which is one more than what Montana is listed as. Granted Providence Park is first and foremost a soccer stadium which means for football the fans will sit far from the sideline, at least on one side of the field but the redesign is really nice and I would certainly put it in the top half of the BSC as a venue. Of course PSU will have a tough time filling 20% of it but at least all those empty seats will be first class!

Portland State officially no longer plays football at Providence Park. It's all Hillsboro.
https://www.1029thegame.com/portlan...-to-hillsboro-stadium-for-home-games-in-2019/
https://goviks.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=144

So... Back to 11
Well right you are! I stand corrected. I am also a bit shocked. Providence Park is walking distance from PSU. albeit a rather long walk. However, given the attendance they draw, little Hillsboro Stadium is more appropriate but certainly nowhere as nice as Providence Park. PSU has such low attendance and gripes were loud enough last year about them playing out in Hillsboro (14 miles away) that I could see PSU considering dropping football someday soon. Their only sustained success was their days in Division II with Mouse Davis as HC and that was a loooong time ago.
PSU should have dropped football YEARS AGO!

Latest posts

Back