• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber State Wildcats Scouting Report

I don't think low attendance has anything to do with older generation vs. younger. Look at attendance of Penn State, Michigan, Alabama, etc. It has to do with not winning for a decade. They'll come back. Heck look at the NDSU game in 2015 that broke attendance record. Also maybe last years Brawl.

George Ferguson said:
Davis is officially in concussion protocol. Sammy was in a boot at Griz BB game Sunday

You didn't say, did Sammy still play well?

Got to admire a solid two sport athlete. :ugeek:

I’m gray and make the trek over the mountain. Beer doesn’t taste as good on the couch as it does game day in Missoula. My guess is this weekend will be loud and......
Oh I believe we have the team to get a win over weber.

Go Griz!

Hearing a lot of bullcat excuses about old people and millennials. You tell grandma to hang some cowbells on them bingo wings and get her ass to the game. The millienials shall be allowed to put their avocado pits in a ciabatta bun to rattle around and make noise. The anti Hauck crowd can blow it out their cathole and buy in or ship out. Roll Griz!

:thumb:
dupuyer griz said:
Hearing a lot of bullcat excuses about old people and millennials. You tell grandma to hang some cowbells on them bingo wings and get her ass to the game. The millienials shall be allowed to put their avocado pits in a ciabatta bun to rattle around and make noise. The anti Hauck crowd can blow it out their cathole and buy in or ship out. Roll Griz!
:thumb:

dupuyer griz said:

+1

armonte said:
The money is dying off, old farts can't make the trips, etc etc. Not as big of a deal to the younger generations. Times are changing.

Raider said:
Htowngriz said:
Raider said:
I feel ya man, but I fear those days are long gone at WaGriz. 22,000 Saturday. Sad.

The lot we’ve tailgated in for 20 years used to be jam packed and now there are empty spots all over the place. Second year of Hauck return, Griz playing well and it still just feels different in and around WaGriz on Saturdays.

I hate to open this can of worms, but could the anti-Hauck sentiment in Missoula (warranted or not) be a factor?

That is a great question, but I really don’t think that is the case. The lot we tailgate in (Lot T) is a reserved lot and a prime location, right out the East exit. It used to be crazy in there, with a ton of out of town folks. Now there are 10-15 empty spots every weekend, and the folks that are showing up are getting there later and later. That lot used to be hoping 3-4 hours before the game. It was like that for decades. Now, it’s half empty an hour before kickoff. Just feels like people are “over it”.

If you win it, they will come. They may be bandwagon fans, but they will start to show up for the social aspect, just like before the slump.

Sundown said:
dupuyer griz said:

+1

Yep, My mother had 1 leg missing below the knee and could hardly walk on her artificial leg but she made it to at least a few Griz games every year the last few years screaming the whole time. She would have been at UNA and Monmouth this year but she passed the week of the UNA game. On her death bed, she made me and my sis promise to go to as many as we could and cheer them on. I made it to three games this year my sis 4. I would love to be there this weekend but have to work SAT morning.

The athletic dept sent out emails this afternoon advertising a discount on tickets for season ticket holders, 20$ for each additional ticket. Its a good marketing plan to get the joint packed for bbq state, and I like it!

NorthEndZoneDan said:
The athletic dept sent out emails this afternoon advertising a discount on tickets for season ticket holders, 20$ for each additional ticket. Its a good marketing plan to get the joint packed for bbq state, and I like it!

I didn't get said email, and I've been a season ticket holder for more than 30 years....

'68griz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

I didn't get said email, and I've been a season ticket holder for more than 30 years....

did you sign up to get the GrizTix Ticket Alerts?

NorthEndZoneDan said:
'68griz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Yes, I get them all the time.

RayWill said:
Sundown said:
dupuyer griz said:

+1

Yep, My mother had 1 leg missing below the leg and could hardly walk on her artificial leg but she made it to at least a few Griz games every year the last few years screaming the whole time. She would have been at UNA and Monmouth this year but she passed the week of the UNA game. On her death bed, she made me and my sis promise to go to as many as we could and cheer them on. I made it to three games this year my sis 4. I would love to be there this weekend but have to work SAT morning.

I know how you feel RayWill. My family drove to Missoula and attended a game the day after my Mom's funeral. It wasn't easy but we were proud to be there. Thankful for the opportunity to attend.

'68griz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
'68griz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

http://x.paciolanmail.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=a6f8bd6baa144dbf12efb865475517df

Fewer students = fewer parents attending games.

Some parents of students make the trek as casual fans to see their kids. Simply fewer do so now.

That's my theory...

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Right after I just paid full price ($40) for three extras.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
'68griz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
'68griz said:

http://x.paciolanmail.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=a6f8bd6baa144dbf12efb865475517df

It showed up about half an hour ago. Who knows where it had been!! 😀

Back