• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM Spring Enrollment Numbers

My concern is that the basic story line of "enrollment is down but the leading indicators are showing improvement" has been the basic messaging for a long time now, yet enrollment never seems to increase.

PlayerRep said:
I have been and still am, ahead of you of everything in life, other than your speciality in school/professorship. Sports, schools, friends, spouse, kids, achievements. Apparently heath and fitness too.

you are right, greenie, you are ahead of me in everything in life! as such, a head's up about any unexpected obstacles, which seem to appear more and more as i grow old and decrepit like you, would be appreciated! especially given my even-weaker-than-you state, which, i must admit, has to be pretty bad. not gonna go into the details, but the fear of losing to you in a tongue lolling contest keeps me in my place.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
I have been and still am, ahead of you of everything in life, other than your speciality in school/professorship. Sports, schools, friends, spouse, kids, achievements. Apparently heath and fitness too.

you are right, greenie, you are ahead of me in everything in life! as such, a head's up about any unexpected obstacles, which seem to appear more and more as i grow old and decrepit like you, would be appreciated! especially given my even-weaker-than-you state, which, i must admit, has to be pretty bad. not gonna go into the details, but the fear of losing to you in a tongue lolling contest keeps me in my place.
This contest intrigues me; is ahead on kids based only on number or total weight? Same question for spouse? Heath is an expanse of uncultivated land so I'm assuming total acreage? If PR meant "health" then I think the incorrect spelling of a one syllable word word decide the "school question". Reminds of that show "Superstars" in the 70s/80s when athletes from different sports would compete. I'm all in.

mcg said:
My concern is that the basic story line of "enrollment is down but the leading indicators are showing improvement" has been the basic messaging for a long time now, yet enrollment never seems to increase.

Similar thoughts, but given demographics in a dumb-downed culture, I think Bodner et al doing a respectable job. LA schools in peril, survival of fittest now. fewer student prospects out there

Texas A&M has increased enrollment every year since 2001. Doubled in size..

UT has not had the same trajectory.

You'll find similar results nation-wide.

It's the curriculum and majors offered...schools not offering a suite of engineering degrees are simply not doing as well as those that are.

Where is UM on Cyber security? How about artificial intelligence? Biosciences - how have they expanded and adapted?

Gotta add some stuff IMO.

Soldier, you are probably right. However, there should be no reason why high schoolers don’t seem to be receiving information from UM. These same students are receiving information from MSU.

SoldierGriz said:

It's the curriculum and majors offered...schools not offering a suite of engineering degrees are simply not doing as well as those that are.

Where is UM on Cyber security? How about artificial intelligence? Biosciences - how have they expanded and adapted?

I agree Soldier. All these areas are at the forefront of society and the economy now. Not that a “classic” education isn’t valuable but kids aren’t just gentlemen scholars. They have real loans to repay and need to know they have a reasonable chance at a career. Education and training are not necessarily the same but it’s important that the University can do some of each. I like this thread. All are Griz fans but also passionate about the education quality of the U.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

So what's the your injury or health problem? We would be happy to support you in whatever you have.

SaskGriz said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

This contest intrigues me; is ahead on kids based only on number or total weight? Same question for spouse? Heath is an expanse of uncultivated land so I'm assuming total acreage? If PR meant "health" then I think the incorrect spelling of a one syllable word word decide the "school question". Reminds of that show "Superstars" in the 70s/80s when athletes from different sports would compete. I'm all in.

It means an athlete who played the game, went to great schools, has had great jobs (2), has great family and 5 kids, has many great friends, donates to UM, Dartmouth and Stanford, and has a nice and beautiful wife.

What have you got?

Aaaaaand another thread becomes PR’s hijacked platform
for asserting his superiority in all areas. I’m kinda thinking an underlying insecurity, or a fear of inadequacy, belies the braggadocio. This guy triggers easier than Trump at a Romney Rally.

Buttegrizzle said:
for asserting his superiority in all areas. I’m kinda thinking an underlying insecurity, or a fear of inadequacy, belies the braggadocio. This guy triggers easier than Trump at a Romney Rally.

Actually, you have the insecurity, not me. Let's hear what you have. What college sports did you play? What level of education did you get? What's your job or profession? Do you have a nice and pretty wife, and great family?

Or, are you just a (small) mouth on the internet? Put up or shut up.

PlayerRep said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Actually, you have the insecurity, not me. Let's hear what you have. What college sports did you play? What level of education did you get? What's your job or profession? Do you have a nice and pretty wife, and great family?

You have way more luncheons with important people than me PR, No doubt. But I’m not so challenged by every other poster on egriz that I feel the need to resort to compare the size of my...wallet to validate my authority and gain their affirmation. I know you “played the game” back in, what, 1967? So what? You may wear a nice suit but you’re still just a troll.

Buttegrizzle said:
PlayerRep said:
Buttegrizzle said:

You have way more luncheons with important people than me PR, No doubt. But I’m not so challenged by every other poster on egriz that I feel the need to resort to compare the size of my...wallet to validate my authority and gain their affirmation. I know you “played the game” back in, what, 1967? So what? You may wear a nice suit but you’re still just a troll.

You know basically nothing. I never go to luncheons with important people. I almost never go to lunch, except by myself to get a sandwich. I don't think I've ever said anything about my wallet. I was not even in college in 1967. Again, when did you ever play? I almost never wear a suit. Have had only 1 suit in the past 20 years. I mostly use it to got to black tie events.

It's funny to see the insecurities, jealousies, and biases of people like you, come out in posts.

You are an idiot.

Buttegrizzle said:
SoldierGriz said:

I agree Soldier. All these areas are at the forefront of society and the economy now. Not that a “classic” education isn’t valuable but kids aren’t just gentlemen scholars. They have real loans to repay and need to know they have a reasonable chance at a career. Education and training are not necessarily the same but it’s important that the University can do some of each. I like this thread. All are Griz fans but also passionate about the education quality of the U.

Great post.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

So what's the your injury or health problem? We would be happy to support you in whatever you have.

I'm a little stiff getting out of bed this morning. Will you support me? Or am I SOL because I'm a Cat fan?

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

what are your surgical skills like? got a fucked up l4/l5 facet joint in my spine. still manage to swim a couple miles every morning (outdoors), and bike about 25 miles, but can't walk two blocks without screamin' pain. don't want to fuse the discs at this point, too risky. to help, you can send checks, or drugs. the latter might be better, since nobody will adequately treat pain anymore, for fear of being sued.

SaskGriz said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

:? ;)

Maybe they could try doing some kind of a "Bus tour" around Montana Idaho and Washington... Get all the big names from UM on a bus, and have meeting at hotels around the area to promote UM. As long as there aren't any accidents, it could work out?

SACCAT66 said:
Maybe they could try doing some kind of a "Bus tour" around Montana Idaho and Washington... Get all the big names from UM on a bus, and have meeting at hotels around the area to promote UM. As long as there aren't any accidents, it could work out?

A University-sponsored MILF Camp that is unambiguously aimed at banging MILFs with complete impunity couldn't hurt.

Back