• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Show of Hands: Does Anybody Care How Much People Spend to Attend Griz Games?

I walk to the games. I carry a snake or a carrot or something in my pocket to snack on if I get hungry. It seems like my impact on the local economy is negligible. I’ll try to do better.

I'll be spending a few less Jacksons', because how in the hell did Fudruckers go out of business?!?! I can't live without those buttery, toasted buns. For the love!

And to think I can't sleep off the drunken night on a dryer in Ruby's laundry room (for free... Unless someone drops some quarters in for me to keep me warm).

SACCAT66 said:
MikeyGriz said:
I am a born and raised Montanan, so I don't think I need a lecture or ruling on what "true" Montanans do.

I've experienced that alternate mode of measurement when I worked back east and down south. This was mostly due to traffic being the limiting factor not distance. I would say here the limiting factors are distance and/or weather. Otherwise, if I drove 50 miles at 10 mph that would be a commitment by your standard. I have seen vehicles like that on the road! :lol:

So you know that we judge distance by time... I have no idea how many miles anything in Montana is, I just know from Bozeman

Billings is Just under 2 hours

Helena 1 1/2 hours (not now because of the construction, so go through Boulder)

Great falls is "Just under 3 hours"

Chester is 4 1/2 hours (depending on deer and Tiber Dam traffic)

Turns out Boulder, Colorado is 0 hours from Bozeman

Some quick math...

a little over a tank of gas for my 20+ year old compact car: $25

Bottle of Fireball from Diamond Jim’s to tape to my leg for use during the game: $9.80

Backup bottle of cheap booze in case one of the in-game security people catches on to the first bottle: $8

Case of beer in exchange for sleeping on a friend’s couch: $15.99

Post-game food and festivities (depends greatly on the outcome of the game) average $50

Pedialyte and coffee on Sunday morning: $6

So I’m looking at roughly $114.79 per game, not counting season tickets. In hindsight that seems expensive

:clap:
CDAGRIZ said:
I like reading the posts about how much sacrifice is involved with:

1. Buying season tickets
2. Driving to Missoula on slick roads
3. Paying for a room at Ruby's Inn
4. Buying concessions
5. Buying $19.99 prime rib dinners
6. Buying drinks
7. Denigrating other fans who live thousands of miles away for "not making attending games a priority"
8. Being retired
9. Not having dependents living with you
10. Driving home on slick roads

TYFYS

SACCAT66 said:
MikeyGriz said:
Wish we could still do that! Fondly anticipating the completion of the new facility.

On another note, how far of a drive is considered a commitment vs. a decision? 250, 300, 500?

Hate to be "That Guy" but true Montanans tell distance in hours, not miles... A commitment (in my mind) is anything over 5 hours driving.

This is spot on

BozAngelesGriz said:
Some quick math...

Bottle of Fireball from Diamond Jim’s to tape to my leg for use during the game: $9.80

Backup bottle of cheap booze in case one of the in-game security people catches on to the first bottle: $8

Post-game food and festivities (depends greatly on the outcome of the game) average $50

So I’m looking at roughly $114.79 per game, not counting season tickets. In hindsight that seems expensive

Just curious, Boz. Do they ever mistake that Fireball for a snake? :lol:

AllWeatherFan said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
Some quick math...

Just curious, Boz. Do they ever mistake that Fireball for a snake? :lol:

I tape it around my calf, so I hope they do ;)

BozAngelesGriz said:
Some quick math...

A lot of people here think if they spend that kind of crazy money, they should get to go out and kick the first XP and decide who the coaches are.

CDAGRIZ said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
Some quick math...

A lot of people here think if they spend that kind of crazy money, they should get to go out and kick the first XP and decide who the coaches are.
A lot of people here who don't bother to go to games have a lot to say about those that do.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
A lot of people here who don't bother to go to games have a lot to say about those that do.

Couldn't be me. Took in a lot in the last few years. I won't bore everyone with the pricetag. :thumb:
I will say, however, that those who are unable to attend, for whatever reason, are still Griz fans/supporters/donors. I'm sure you disagree.

Go Griz!

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

Couldn't be me. Took in a lot in the last few years. I won't bore everyone with the pricetag. :thumb:
I will say, however, that those who are unable to attend, for whatever reason, are still Griz fans/supporters/donors. I'm sure you disagree.

Go Griz!

According to some folks’ standards on here, only about 8 people meet the criteria for being a “true” Griz fan and they don’t need the rest of us. Fortunately that’s not the case, because it would make games, this forum, and Montana as a whole a lot more boring.

BozAngelesGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Go Griz!

According to some folks’ standards on here, only about 8 people meet the criteria for being a “true” Griz fan and they don’t need the rest of us. Fortunately that’s not the case, because it would make games, this forum, and Montana as a whole a lot more boring.

So true. :lol:

MikeyGriz said:
grizindabox said:
Some of us can even translate hours into miles.

Oh no! Not math! :shock:

Don't worry. They'll never have any credibility, relatively speaking, until they can not only explain this (with graphs) but can relicate it:

https://www.exploratorium.edu/eclipse/video/einsteins-light-bending-concept

BozAngelesGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Go Griz!

The "I'm-a-better-fan-than-you" posts are always comedic gold. Or perhaps it's just the people who post them who are a little, uhh, funny.

Back