• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Best Griz To Wear The Number 91-99

SaskGriz

DONOR
91 Tyrone Holmes, All American Buck Buchanan award winner. A dominant defensive end with all the tools.

Honorable Mention: Tim Bush was an All American rush end as well and would be the “91” on every other FCS team and most FBS teams. I have to mention Michael Stadnyk an All-Conference defensive lineman who hails from Miller Comprehensive High School in beautiful ,scenic Regina, Saskatchewan.

92 Tyler Martin this first team All-Big Sky defensive tackle was a leader and a lighthearted player at the same time.

Honorable Mention: Two fan favourite defensive linemen; George Mercer who walked on as a wide receiver and ended up at defensive end and Alex Bienemann, a rock at defensive tackle but athletic enough to chase down ball carriers and quarterbacks.

93 Jay Turner, massive defensive tackle, the classic immovable object.

Honorable Mention: Ryan Thompson, a walk on defensive tackle who went on to All Big Sky 2nd team status and play on the ’95 National Championship Team

94 Justin Klein was an experienced defensive end who was forced to retire early due to injuries.

Honorable Mention: Of all the numbers this one was the hardest to find representatives for. Sean Wren had one good year as a punter but lost the job the next year. Harrison Greenberg had one year of part time kicking duties.

95 Kelley Bryant, the man mountain from Hawaii was an All American defensive tackle.

Honorable Mention: Two All Big Sky run stoppers in the middle of the defensive line; Sam Davidson and Tongo Takai

96 Pat Foster, a relentless All American rush end from the aptly named town of Savage. Was a draft pick of the Los Angeles Rams

Honorable Mention: Two other off the end rushers, in Second Team All Big Sky Lance Spencer and Ciche Pitcher who ended his career in the “37” jersey.

97 Ryan Johnson: An unsung defensive end who saved his best for the biggest games, as a senior registered an unheard of 16 tackles in a Cat/Griz game.

Honorable Mention: Joe Kalafat at defensive tackle was a strong man who plugged the holes up front.

98 Kelly McCallum was a speed rushing end, a great athlete who played off the edge for the Griz in the early
90’s.

Honorable Mention: Ben Hughes was a big, strong defensive tackle. He was the kind of player the Griz seem to have plenty of, until they don’t and then you miss them.

99 Alan Saenz: All Big Sky and All American, not big numbers because people gave up trying to move the ball up the middle when he was on patrol.

Honorable Mention: Tyler Hobbs a hard working, fan favorite defensive lineman and ball hawking 300 lb defensive back Alex Gubner.

MONTANA…..GRIZZLIES !!!!

nope.gif

CDAGRIZ said:
I agree. The king in the north was doing so good until this colossal flub.
Tyrone was great, no doubt, but Mr Bush (god rest his soul) was a once in a lifetime player. IIRC, he held the sack record tho Waggeman may have broke that.
But all is forgiven because this is amazing work, and how can you ever stay mad at a Canadian?

I think all of these posts need to definitely be bookmarked somehow, this was outstanding work and I commend you on it!

garizzalies said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I agree. The king in the north was doing so good until this colossal flub.
Tyrone was great, no doubt, but Mr Bush (god rest his soul) was a once in a lifetime player. IIRC, he held the sack record tho Waggeman may have broke that.
But all is forgiven because this is amazing work, and how can you ever stay mad at a Canadian?

Ya, definitely have to agree on Mr Bush over Tyrone, barely. I like the Turner and Foster choices though. I agree. Bookmark atleast tell the season starts.

Back