• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Miss St. Takes Down LSU: 44 - 34

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
He was statistically a top 5 QB the last 3 seasons. He is not playing good, but he has zero help. Easily the worst offensive line and receiving core in football.

Probably needs a fresh start with a new GM/Coach or a new location. Call it what you will, but I can’t help but think Carson and the Eagles have a much different situation going Justin Jefferson or Chase Claypool in 2020 over Jalen Reagor and DK Metcalf in 2019 over JJ Acega-Whiteside. They have drafted poorly. Period.

Hopefully Carson gets traded. If you think any QB would be successful there right now well then best of luck in your fantasy land.

In the meantime, let me know when I can watch a former Griz start as QB on Monday Night Football.

Yeah, for his sake, I hope they deal him away. I have to wonder how much his confidence is hurt, however. He holds the ball and takes sacks like a HS QB. Just a tree in the pocket. Looks rattled almost every snap. Howeva, I think he could be a more than serviceable backup elsewhere. I just don’t want him taking any more snaps for the Eagles. They took a chance on him, and it didn’t work out. No shame in that. Time to move on as an organization.

Edit to add: I completely agree with you that he’s in a shitty situation. Needs a new fit. Eagles do too.

You are a typical Eagles fan......

The Eagles have never had a QB play at as high of a level as Carson Wentz did during the previous 3 seasons. That’s a fact.

And now, despite completely being surrounded by incompetence (coaching, GM, player etc.) you immediately want to get rid of him?

You talk about him holding onto the ball. WTF is he supposed to do? Count to three and throw it away? He goes 90% of the time without seeing any resemblance of an open player downfield. He has no offensive line. And Doug P is an atrocious, and I mean atrocious, play caller.

Hard to get into anything when this is what he is dealing with day in and day out. He’s not playing well, but he certainly isn’t in a position to be very successful this season.

Fuck....good for Carson. Get the out of that shit hole. He’d look dam good in a Vikings uniform.

Like I said, let me know the next time I can watch a former Griz player suit up and start an NFL game at the QB position.....

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Yeah, for his sake, I hope they deal him away. I have to wonder how much his confidence is hurt, however. He holds the ball and takes sacks like a HS QB. Just a tree in the pocket. Looks rattled almost every snap. Howeva, I think he could be a more than serviceable backup elsewhere. I just don’t want him taking any more snaps for the Eagles. They took a chance on him, and it didn’t work out. No shame in that. Time to move on as an organization.

Edit to add: I completely agree with you that he’s in a shitty situation. Needs a new fit. Eagles do too.

The Eagles have never had a QB play at as high of a level as Carson Wentz did during the previous 3 seasons. That’s a fact.

And now, despite completely being surrounded by incompetence (coaching, GM, player etc.) you immediately want to get rid of him?

You talk about him holding onto the ball. WTF is he supposed to do? Count to three and throw it away? He goes 90% of the time without seeing any resemblance of an open player downfield. He has no offensive line. And Doug P is an atrocious, and I mean atrocious, play caller.

Hard to get into anything when this is what he is dealing with day in and day out. He’s not playing well, but he certainly isn’t in a position to be very successful this season.

Fuck....good for Carson. Get the out of that shit hole. He’d look dam good in a Vikings uniform.

Like I said, let me know the next time I can watch a former Griz player suit up and start an NFL game at the QB position.....

It wasn’t immediate. It started when he couldn’t play without getting hurt, and progressed when he kept throwing picks and losing fumbles. Tonight was actually a pretty good game by his standards. So, yeah, I think dealing him for some draft picks would be good, but I think we’re well past the deadline. It doesn’t make him a bad person, it’s just that he’s not a very good NFL QB. There are bigger tragedies in life.

2011BisonAlumni said:
A 9.95 on the deflection meter.

2011BisonAlumni said:

An ex-Griz QB has won CFL MVPs and Grey Cups, the latter as both a QB and as a HC. But he won only one FCS NC, so there's that. Played through injuries his entire career and just won. Small man, all heart; Gamer. Wentz would love such a reputation. He still has time.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

[#]f###....good for Carson. Get the out of that shit hole. He’d look dam good in a Vikings uniform.

It wasn’t immediate. It started when he couldn’t play without getting hurt, and progressed when he kept throwing picks and losing fumbles. Tonight was actually a pretty good game by his standards. So, yeah, I think dealing him for some draft picks would be good, but I think we’re well past the deadline. It doesn’t make him a bad person, it’s just that he’s not a very good NFL QB. There are bigger tragedies in life.

He has had a bad 12 game stretch in a year where he is in on an offense with no talent, a ton of injuries and no fans in the stands. Atmosphere just sucks.

He isn’t playing well now, but the problem there is far from Carson Wentz.

I am old enough to remember when Peyton Manning, arguably a top 10 NFL player of all time , was questioned as being “the right guy” after throwing 23 picks in his fourth year.

Carson will be fine. There isn’t an example of a QB who played as well as he did, for three years in a row , just falling off the wagon permanently.

kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

An ex-Griz QB has won CFL MVPs and Grey Cups, the latter as both a QB and as a HC. But he won only one FCS NC, so there's that. Played through injuries his entire career and just won. Small man, all heart; Gamer. Wentz would love such a reputation. He still has time.

CFL.

Nobody
Cares

Like I said, let me know when I can watch a Griz alumnus start at QB in the NFL. Hell, let me know when I can watch a Griz alumnus play in the NFL, period.

2011BisonAlumni said:
kemajic said:

CFL.

Nobody
Cares

Like I said, let me know when I can watch a Griz alumnus start at QB in the NFL. Hell, let me know when I can watch a Griz alumnus play in the NFL, period.

I care. You're mean. :cry:

SaskGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CFL.

Nobody
Cares

I care. You're mean. :cry:

I know but you are Canadian haha!

Back to the main discussion of Jabril Cox. Having a very good year.

Crazy to think how good this 2020 Bison team would have been. Two Bison players will be drafted in the first round this year and Jabril should be gone by round 2.

2011BisonAlumni said:
kemajic said:

CFL.

Nobody
Cares

Who cares about the NFL? Let me know when Wentz achieves the reputation of a Gamer.

kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CFL.

Nobody
Cares

Who cares about the NFL? Let me know when Wentz achieves the reputation of a Gamer.

I said who cares about the CFL. The GREATEST QB in Griz history completed 0 passes in the NFL. Let that sink in for a second.

Ah....did a long time ago. 2014 FCS National Championship Game. Go watch the last Bison drive again.

Bad year on a bad team. It has happened before.

2011BisonAlumni said:
kemajic said:

I said who cares about the CFL. The GREATEST QB in Griz history completed 0 passes in the NFL. Let that sink in for a second.

Ah....did a long time ago. 2014 FCS National Championship Game. Go watch the last Bison drive again.

Bad QB play is causing a lot of the “bad team”. He’s a bust and you know it.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Bad QB play is causing a lot of the “bad team”. He’s a bust and you know it.

Like I said.....typical Eagles fan.....

I know you have wanted to BELIEVE it since day 1....well...because you have a weird jealousy issue with anything NDSU, especially Carson.

Deep down, it bothers you that the GREATEST QB in Griz history was a midget who never completed, let alone attempted, a pass in the NFL.

The Eagles have never drafted a QB who has played as well as Carson has through 4.5 seasons.

Career awards and highlights
NFL records
Most pass completions through the first 24 games of his career (540)[98]
Most consecutive games with 1+ TD pass with 1 INT or less (Current streak is 22 games surpassing Matt Ryan's 21 from December 2015– Sept. 2017)
First QB in history to have a 4,000 yard season without having a single receiver with at least 500 receiving yards[91]
First QB in history to throw for 20 or more TDs and 7 or less INT in 3 consecutive seasons [99]
Eagles franchise records
First quarterback in team history to throw for over 4,000 yards: 4,039 (2019)[100][101]
Most passing touchdowns in a season: 33 (2017)[100]
Most pass completions in a season: 388 (2019)[100]
Most pass attempts in a season: 607 (2016 & 2019)[100]
Most touchdown passes in the 1st quarter (3, 2017)[102]
Most touchdown passes in a calendar month (14, October 2017)[103]
Consecutive games with a touchdown pass (19, streak ongoing)[104]
Season completion percentage: 69.6% (2018) (minimum 6 starts)[100]
Lowest interception percentage: 1.2% (2019) (minimum 11 starts)[100]
Awards
Super Bowl champion (LII)[71]
Bert Bell Award (2017)[105]
Pro Bowl – 2017[69]
3× Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week – Weeks 1, 3, and 5, 2016[47]
2× NFC Offensive Player of the Week – Week 3, 2016 and Week 7, 2017[51][62]
NFC Offensive Player of the Month – October 2017[106]
NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month – September 2016[107]

2011BisonAlumni said:
Wat? Didn’t Nick Foles win them a super bowl just a couple years ago? Wasn’t he the super bowl mvp?
Almost like Nick Foles had QB play at the highest level in the previous 3 seasons. Huh.
Do you even read the shit you post?
I love how dumb chubbs are. Like they literally do not know the difference between a “fact” and an opinion.
Chubbs are the dumbest bastards on earth.
“That’s a fact.”

Yeah, he’s not good anymore. Sorry about it. Also, pretty suspect to include Super Bowl champ on that list, haha!

garizzalies said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Wat? Didn’t Nick Foles win them a super bowl just a couple years ago? Wasn’t he the super bowl mvp?
Almost like Nick Foles had QB play at the highest level in the previous 3 seasons. Huh.
I love how dumb chubbs are. Like they literally do not know the difference between a “fact” and an opinion.
“That’s a fact.”

I meant over a 3 season period.

Nick Foles had a two game wonder season and was just released by the Chicago Bears.

Previous poster was dead on....since 2013, the Eagles have drafted 1 player who has made a pro-bowl. Carson Wentz.

Hopefully Indy makes a move for him and he can get back with Frank Reich and put this sorry ass franchise in the rear view mirror.

CDAGRIZ said:
Yeah, he’s not good anymore. Sorry about it. Also, pretty suspect to include Super Bowl champ on that list, haha!

Good thing the Colts didn't give up on Manning in year 4. God forbid a QB can ever have a bad season when he's on a bad team....

He's a super bowl champion. Nothing will take away from what he did to help the team win a ring that year.

Again....the GREATEST QB in Griz history never attempted a fucking pass in the NFL haha...

Let me know when I can watch a Griz alumnus start an NFL game at QB.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

He's a super bowl champion. Nothing will take away from what he did to help the team win a ring that year.

Again....the GREATEST QB in Griz history never attempted a f###[#] pass in the NFL haha.

So is the water boy from that season! His contributions were immeasurable!

MikeyGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Again....the GREATEST QB in Griz history never attempted a f###[#] pass in the NFL haha.

So is the water boy from that season! His contributions were immeasurable!

:lol: Was just gonna say, the equipment manager played a much bigger role in the SB than Wince.

2011BisonAlumni said:
garizzalies said:
“That’s a fact.”

I meant over a 3 season period.

Nick Foles had a two game wonder season and was just released by the Chicago Bears.

Previous poster was dead on....since 2013, the Eagles have drafted 1 player who has made a pro-bowl. Carson Wentz.

Hopefully Indy makes a move for him and he can get back with Frank Reich and put this sorry ass franchise in the rear view mirror.
Good grief you dumb son of a bitch. You still don’t get it. Your re-write and semantics do not make it a “fact”. :lol:
Thanks for proving my point, I mean fact. Dumbass.

Back