• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

In Case You Missed It: SDSU at NDSU

alabamagrizzly said:
WILDCATFAN said:
Weber is 3-1 against the Griz in Hill's tenure at Weber. Doubt they would have been too worried. :thumb:

Well that’s not very wise considering he’s 1-1 vs a Hauck led team with that one victory had nothing to do with how Weber played and should be credited to the elements.

If I remember correctly both teams played in those elements. Pretty poor excuse to use for a loss.

Plus 5 interceptions and a blocked punt for a touchdown say otherwise.

WILDCATFAN said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Well that’s not very wise considering he’s 1-1 vs a Hauck led team with that one victory had nothing to do with how Weber played and should be credited to the elements.

If I remember correctly both teams played in those elements. Pretty poor excuse to use for a loss.

I remember those elements. People were downright "soaked" in Ogden.

CDAGRIZ said:
WILDCATFAN said:

I remember those elements. People were downright "soaked" in Ogden.
Is soaking allowed?

WILDCATFAN said:
alabamagrizzly said:

We lost fair and square but elements certainly can be factors that favor a team.

One observation I made while sitting in the stands that night was matbe you aguys should invest in some light bulbs.

I don't think anyone would disagree with me when I say it was extremely hard to spot and follow Weebs players in person that night in their Batman black uniforms.

Dalton mentioned it after the game.

Your players were pretty much cruising under the radar. The positions of the good guys wearing white were quickly and easily made with a glance out of the corber of my eye.

Not saying we would have one but conditions or elements can certainly make an impact on ways othet than ground/passing games and such.

Furthermore, time to replace the flipping light bulbs.

WILDCATFAN said:
retiredpopo said:
I would be willing to bet they would be worried....

Then you dont know Jay Hill and his players.

Agreed. They have bigger things to worry about with mortgages, 10-year wedding anniversaries, kids entering middle school, etc. The FCS Playoffs are pretty far down the list.

signedbewildered said:
WILDCATFAN said:

We lost fair and square but elements certainly can be factors that favor a team.

One observation I made while sitting in the stands that night was matbe you aguys should invest in some light bulbs.

I don't think anyone would disagree with me when I say it was extremely hard to spot and follow Weebs players in person that night in their Batman black uniforms.

Dalton mentioned it after the game.

Your players were pretty much cruising under the radar. The positions of the good guys wearing white were quickly and easily made with a glance out of the corber of my eye.

Not saying we would have one but conditions or elements can certainly make an impact on ways othet than ground/passing games and such.

Furthermore, time to replace the flipping light bulbs.

Stadium lights are brand new my dude. They were retrofitted when the new video board went in. I was in the stands, soaking wet and cold and I didnt have a hard time following or seeing the Weber players or where the play was.

Using weather and elements and saying they favor one team over the other is kinda ridiculous, especially when both schools playing play in cold weather states. Montana didnt seem to have problems early in the game when it came to passing the ball. It wasnt until later in the 2nd qtr and into the 2nd half that Sneed really began to struggle and that was because of the defensive pressure. It also doesnt help when you stare down your receivers.

If wearing "batman" black is an advantage than that is an advantage Weber earned by winning the conference and getting the higher seed.

If Montana was a warm weather low altitude school I'd give it a little more leeway but Montana has played in plenty of inclement weather home playoff games and in all dark colors during night games before. You can watch the highlights on youtube field is pretty well lit up

It was cold and loud in Ogden that day. I don't care who you are, those are tough conditions.

CDAGRIZ said:
WILDCATFAN said:

Agreed. They have bigger things to worry about with mortgages, 10-year wedding anniversaries, kids entering middle school, etc. The FCS Playoffs are pretty far down the list.

You're right they do have bigger things to worry about than not playing a team who decided not to play in the spring. Winning our 4th straight Conference title has already been achieved now I imagine winning our first round playoff game is what all their focus is on. We have no time to waste worrying about an imaginary foe.

I was in the stands too, down low. Just not cold and wet. I have decent clothes.

It was much easier to keep track of the good guys in white that night. Not a person that was at the game can deny it.

I loved the game. Hard fought on both sides. Congrats on the win.

CDAGRIZ said:
WILDCATFAN said:

CDAGRIZ wins the best response of the year! 🤣🤣🤣

WILDCATFAN, chill out! It’s a different Griz team this year. That is clear. You are on eGriz and picking fights here. Don’t care if you veil your argument in BS facts...just log off already! I for one don’t care to read the proverbial turd you are peddling!

signedbewildered said:
I was in the stands too, down low. Just not cold and wet. I have decent clothes.

It was much easier to keep track of the good guys in white that night. Not a person that was at the game can deny it.

I loved the game. Hard fought on both sides. Congrats on the win.

I just had a sweater with a regular shirt and thermals underneath. Not my best choice but when a game is fun to watch i dont usually notice whether or not im cold. I was up higher and had a great view of the entire field.

Of course it would be easier to see someone wearing white at night, just like it would be easier to see someone wearing all dark during a day game. Thats normal. It does not however give one team an advantage over the other, especially when (as you can see by watching the replay of the game on YouTube) the field was very well lit up. Sneed stared down his receivers all game long and Weber came out and put him under a lot of pressure and forced hin to make those mistakes.

All in all it was a great game to watch. I love watching defensive battles and last year's playoff game was definitely one of those. FYI i watched the replay of UM's game vs Portland last weekend. You guys look good. It'll be a challenging fall for everyone as I believe other teams in the conference have improved.

WILDCATFAN said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You're right they do have bigger things to worry about than not playing a team who decided not to play in the spring. Winning our 4th straight Conference title has already been achieved now I imagine winning our first round playoff game is what all their focus is on. We have no time to waste worrying about an imaginary foe.

A made up conference title and made up playoff game. The real 2020 season was canceled due to the Rona. The next real football season will be this fall. And you’re right, they shouldn’t be worried. The only thing that worries a death row inmate is what the end will bring.

alabamagrizzly said:
WILDCATFAN said:

A made up conference title and made up playoff game. The real 2020 season was canceled due to the Rona. The next real football season will be this fall. And you’re right, they shouldn’t be worried. The only thing that worries a death row inmate is what the end will bring.

Those who refused to participate do not get to decide the legitimacy of a season. At the end of the day the 2020 Big Sky Conference trophy was hoisted and come May some lucky FCS team will get to hoist the 2020 National Championship Trophy.

I look forward to the 2021 season where Weber can go after their 5th straight title. But we have a playoff game to win first.

WILDCATFAN said:
alabamagrizzly said:

You beat us when we had a one-legged QB....be proud... :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
WILDCATFAN said:

You beat us when we had a one-legged QB....be proud... :lol:

And you lost to us when we had our best reciever out and limited action from our best running back, and our average to low average QB. Be............miserable?

All in good fun. ;)

Back