• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HB 112 barely passes second reading on the senate floor. Contact your legislator immediately

Griz til I die

DONOR
HB 112 passed a preliminary vote today in the Montana Legislature, and will face a final vote tomorrow. The implications of this bill are that if it passes neither the Montana Grizzly Football team or the Montana State Bobcats (or any NAIA team) will be allowed to host a home football playoff game again, due to NCAA policy. If you want to avoid that, then you need to do more than just worry and complain, you need to take action TODAY!

This bill only passed the preliminary vote by four votes. If we can get two of the people that voted yes, to switch their vote to no tomorrow, we can avoid all of this. Below is a list of names of legislators from major cities that voted yes, everyone of these people needs to get a message from you asking them to vote no tomorrow on HB 112. Tell them the implications on the Griz and Bobcat playoff opportunities if this bill passes. Tell them this bill is bad for these football programs and bad for the economies of Bozeman and Missoula.

Click here to send your messages: https://leg.mt.gov/web-messaging/

Send your messages to everyone on this, regardless of where you live:

Mark Blasdel – Kalispell
Jason Ellsworth – Hamilton
Steve Fitzpatrick – Great Falls
Chris Friedel – Billings
Terry Gauther – Helena
Douglas Kary – Billings
Theresa Manzella – Hamilton
Tom McGillvray – Billings
Brad Molnar – Laurel
Walt Sales – Manhattan
Cary Smith – Billings
Gordon Vance – Belgrade

I encourage any cat posters reading this to copy and paste this post and post it on bobcat nation as well.

Its time to fight on and the Griz need us now! Go Griz!

Griz til I die said:
HB 112 passed a preliminary vote today in the Montana Legislature, and will face a final vote tomorrow. The implications of this bill are that if it passes neither the Montana Grizzly Football team or the Montana State Bobcats (or any NAIA team) will be allowed to host a home football playoff game again, due to NCAA policy. If you want to avoid that, then you need to do more than just worry and complain, you need to take action TODAY!

This bill only passed the preliminary vote by four votes. If we can get two of the people that voted yes, to switch their vote to no tomorrow, we can avoid all of this. Below is a list of names of legislators from major cities that voted yes, everyone of these people needs to get a message from you asking them to vote no tomorrow on HB 112. Tell them the implications on the Griz and Bobcat playoff opportunities if this bill passes. Tell them this bill is bad for these football programs and bad for the economies of Bozeman and Missoula.

Click here to send your messages: https://leg.mt.gov/web-messaging/

Send your messages to everyone on this, regardless of where you live:

Mark Blasdel – Kalispell
Jason Ellsworth – Hamilton
Steve Fitzpatrick – Great Falls
Chris Friedel – Billings
Terry Gauther – Helena
Douglas Kray – Billings
Theresa Manzella – Hamilton
Tom McGillvray – Billings
Brad Molnar – Laurel
Walt Sales – Manhattan
Cray Smith – Billings
Vance Gordon – Belgrade

I encourage any cat posters reading this to copy and paste this post and post it on bobcat nation as well.

Its time to fight on and the Griz need us now! Go Griz!
I agree that everyone should contact them to say thank you for voting yes.

Paytonlives said:
Tell the NCAA to F*&^ off

+1

NCAA using scare tactics to sway politics. The people vote for and elect their state representatives. I don’t believe the NCAA officials get elected by the people so they should stay the hell out of state’s business. Whether you agree with HB112 or not... the NCAA is overstepping and imposing power that they should not have. They supposedly represent the best interest of student athletes... and their stance on this feels like quite the opposite.

Does Championship Games equate to playoff games? I can’t believe the NCAA is allowed this much authority to hold states politically hostage. No matter how you feel about HB 112...

nzone said:
Does Championship Games equate to playoff games? I can’t believe the NCAA is allowed this much authority to hold states politically hostage. No matter how you feel about HB 112...
Yes all rounds of any NCAA conducted tournament.

The University could and should sue the NCAA if they try to withhold games from Montana or the kittens. The NCAA has zero legal right to do what they are trying to do.

A no vote means you will doom your daughters to the dismal chore of competing against biological males, possibly forever. What a twisted world we live in, bowing down to a tiny minority of people.. We live in an era where the small board of some corporation or other entity feels it has the right to erase the will of citizens and voters.

montanaguy said:
A no vote means you will doom your daughters to the dismal chore of competing against biological males, possibly forever. What a twisted world we live in, bowing down to a tiny minority of people.. We live in an era where the small board of some corporation or other entity feels it has the right to erase the will of citizens and voters.
Dude I’ve heard of like literally one instance where this has ever happened in Montana. This is not some ongoing problem that has been an issue forever like how some of you are acting.

montanaguy said:

I'm confused. I thought the purpose of passing the bill was to change the status quo and prohibit the "tiny minority of people" from competing with the gender they identify with, and also ensure that we can no longer have playoff games.

CDAGRIZ said:
montanaguy said:

I'm confused. I thought the purpose of passing the bill was to change the status quo and prohibit the "tiny minority of people" from competing with the gender they identify with, and also ensure that we can no longer have playoff games.

Re posting from original thread...now in Politics where this one belongs....

As the father of an elite and female High School athlete...I can't imagine her getting beat by a male at birth at the sport she committed so much time to.

If we are to show compassion for the small number of those transitioning, should we also not have compassion for the small number negatively impacted?

This type of thing is very hard...I get it, but it is also very simple.. this requires a Yes vote regardless of playoff games/ revenue lost.

Paytonlives said:
The University could and should sue the NCAA if they try to withhold games from Montana or the kittens. The NCAA has zero legal right to do what they are trying to do.

Why don’t they have the legal right to withhold home playoff games if the bill passes? Didn’t they do just that when North Carolina passed its bathroom bill? I think the issue has been litigated already.

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Re posting from original thread...now in Politics where this one belongs....

As the father of an elite and female High School athlete...I can't imagine her getting beat by a male at birth at the sport she committed so much time to.

If we are to show compassion for the small number of those transitioning, should we also not have compassion for the small number negatively impacted?

This type of thing is very hard...I get it, but it is also very simple.. this requires a Yes vote regardless of playoff games/ revenue lost.
Uhm in the grand scheme of things I would rather have home play off games and let you culture warriors go fight it out in court. Good luck, maybe you all can boycott the games too that will show those NCAA sumbitches.

Back