• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HB 112 barely passes second reading on the senate floor. Contact your legislator immediately

griz4life said:
Just curious. How did June Eastwood do as a Griz runner? Rewrite the record books? All state? Slayed the NCAA tournament? Totally unbeatable? Thwarted by helicopter dads at every turn?

June was toward the bottom of the ranks when competing against men. Was a Big Sky Conf. champion after competing against women.

There seems to be more emotional responses in this thread than at the peak hours of a Havana nail salon during the dry season.

Ursa Major said:
There seems to be more emotional responses in this thread than at the peak hours of a Havana nail salon during the dry season.

:lol:

Damn, on an unrelated note, I really want to go to Cuba. Ropa Vieja is in my top 2 favorite meals, and I need to try it for real. I tried to make it at home, but it’s just not the same.

Griz til I die said:
HB 112 passed a preliminary vote today in the Montana Legislature, and will face a final vote tomorrow. The implications of this bill are that if it passes neither the Montana Grizzly Football team or the Montana State Bobcats (or any NAIA team) will be allowed to host a home football playoff game again, due to NCAA policy. If you want to avoid that, then you need to do more than just worry and complain, you need to take action TODAY!

This bill only passed the preliminary vote by four votes. If we can get two of the people that voted yes, to switch their vote to no tomorrow, we can avoid all of this. Below is a list of names of legislators from major cities that voted yes, everyone of these people needs to get a message from you asking them to vote no tomorrow on HB 112. Tell them the implications on the Griz and Bobcat playoff opportunities if this bill passes. Tell them this bill is bad for these football programs and bad for the economies of Bozeman and Missoula.

Click here to send your messages: https://leg.mt.gov/web-messaging/

Send your messages to everyone on this, regardless of where you live:

Mark Blasdel – Kalispell
Jason Ellsworth – Hamilton
Steve Fitzpatrick – Great Falls
Chris Friedel – Billings
Terry Gauther – Helena
Douglas Kary – Billings
Theresa Manzella – Hamilton
Tom McGillvray – Billings
Brad Molnar – Laurel
Walt Sales – Manhattan
Cary Smith – Billings
Gordon Vance – Belgrade

I encourage any cat posters reading this to copy and paste this post and
post it on bobcat nation as well.
Its time to fight on and the Griz need us now! Go Griz!
The far reaching implication that Bobcat fans can read is unbelievable. Can you imagine such a world.

Griz til I die said:
HB 112 passed a preliminary vote today in the Montana Legislature, and will face a final vote tomorrow. The implications of this bill are that if it passes neither the Montana Grizzly Football team or the Montana State Bobcats (or any NAIA team) will be allowed to host a home football playoff game again, due to NCAA policy. If you want to avoid that, then you need to do more than just worry and complain, you need to take action TODAY!

This bill only passed the preliminary vote by four votes. If we can get two of the people that voted yes, to switch their vote to no tomorrow, we can avoid all of this. Below is a list of names of legislators from major cities that voted yes, everyone of these people needs to get a message from you asking them to vote no tomorrow on HB 112. Tell them the implications on the Griz and Bobcat playoff opportunities if this bill passes. Tell them this bill is bad for these football programs and bad for the economies of Bozeman and Missoula.

Mark Blasdel – Kalispell
Chris Friedel – Billings
Terry Gauther – Helena
Douglas Kary – Billings
Brad Molnar – Laurel
Walt Sales – Manhattan
Cary Smith – Billings
Gordon Vance – Belgrade

I encourage any cat posters reading this to copy and paste this post and post it on bobcat nation as well.

Succumbing to blackmail only leads to more use of that power abuse by the blackmailers. Either the principle is sound or it is not, and should be debated that way. There are already a hundred reasons to hate the NCAA and this is another one.

For the record, nothing says "sexist old white dudes" to young girls facing XY competition more than asking your fellow armchair QB's to call or e-mail legislators to tell them to throw these girls under the bus so your college men's football team can have home field advantage. And you all wonder why college athletes have no commitment loyalty principles when it comes to the portal. Try and find a mirror once in a while between posts.

Griz til I die said:

Mark Blasdel – Kalispell
Chris Friedel – Billings
Terry Gauther – Helena
Douglas Kary – Billings
Brad Molnar – Laurel
Walt Sales – Manhattan
Cary Smith – Billings
Gordon Vance – Belgrade

I encourage any cat posters reading this to copy and paste this post and post it on bobcat nation as well.

Sounds like Bribery! Stand up to NCAA!

horribilisfan8184 said:
Griz til I die said:

Mark Blasdel – Kalispell
Chris Friedel – Billings
Terry Gauther – Helena
Douglas Kary – Billings
Brad Molnar – Laurel
Walt Sales – Manhattan
Cary Smith – Billings
Gordon Vance – Belgrade

Succumbing to blackmail only leads to more use of that power abuse by the blackmailers. Either the principle as sound or it is not, and should be debated that way. There are already a hundred reasons to hate the NCAA and this is another one.

For the record, nothing says "sexist old white dudes" to young girls facing XY competition more than asking your fellow armchair QB's to call or e-mail legislators to tell them to throw these girls under the bus so your college men's football team can have home field advantage. And you all wonder why college athletes have no commitment loyalty principles when it comes to the portal. Try and find a mirror once in a while between posts.
:thumb:

griz4life said:
Just curious. How did June Eastwood do as a Griz runner? Rewrite the record books? All state? Slayed the NCAA tournament? Totally unbeatable? Thwarted by helicopter dads at every turn?
It's not what June did - it is what the next June may do! :roll:

Dillon said:
Griz til I die said:

Mark Blasdel – Kalispell
Chris Friedel – Billings
Terry Gauther – Helena
Douglas Kary – Billings
Brad Molnar – Laurel
Walt Sales – Manhattan
Cary Smith – Billings
Gordon Vance – Belgrade

Sounds like Bribery! Stand up to NCAA!

Should be easy enough. Those jerkstores don’t have any real power to do anything to punish programs anyway.

SaskGriz said:
Griz til I die said:

Mark Blasdel – Kalispell
Chris Friedel – Billings
Terry Gauther – Helena
Douglas Kary – Billings
Brad Molnar – Laurel
Walt Sales – Manhattan
Cary Smith – Billings
Gordon Vance – Belgrade

I encourage any cat posters reading this to copy and paste this post and
The far reaching implication that Bobcat fans can read is unbelievable. Can you imagine such a world.

My wife says that you are being mean. I will have to take her word for it.

It’s not bribery, it’s not blackmail, it’s politics. You’re telling me that no one here has ever emailed a politician about a concern you have? I have a hard time believing that. BTW I’m not a sexist old man, I’m 22 and absolutely am for women’s rights. Like I mentioned yesterday, with the exception of June Eastwood, I have never heard of another transgender woman compete in women’s sports. So if this almost never happens in MT, why are we potentially putting so much on the line here? I could understand if this was becoming a major problem, but it’s nowhere near a problem in MT. This isn’t California.

SACCAT66 said:
SaskGriz said:

My wife says that you are being mean. I will have to take her word for it.
You should believe her. She's a good woman (they all are who stand by the likes of us).

Think of it this way!
https://caldronpool.com/two-biological-males-now-hold-15-womens-state-championship-titles-in-connecticut-female-athletes-fight-back/

I just want to add this nugget. I am quite confident that all believe that this issue needs to be addressed, but many believe that this bill, at this time, is not the path towards a solution. People are very quick to shout about the disadvantages this will cause for one group, but what about the disadvantages this will force on another group.

To me it’s just a time management issue. I mean, with the limited time available and all the pressing needs out there, shouldn’t the legislature focus on suppressing voters and making it easier for psychotic people to get assault rifles?

wbtfg said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Should be easy enough. Those jerkstores don’t have any real power to do anything to punish programs anyway.

The jerk store called...

giphy.gif

;)

bigskyguy said:
Think of it this way!
https://caldronpool.com/two-biological-males-now-hold-15-womens-state-championship-titles-in-connecticut-female-athletes-fight-back/

Montana (where it’s currently allowed) has thousands, right?

Back