• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Transgender Debate

Did the NCAA pull seven tournament games (not games awarding championships) out of North Carolina in 2016 based on state laws? Does the NCAA bball tournament make a shit ton more money than the FCS playoffs? Are the FCS Playoffs an afterthought tournament sanctioned by the NCAA?

Some people are wondering...

WaGriz4life said:
WaGriz4life said:
This isn’t as complicated as you say. You have a biological sex. This is saying if you are biologically a male (science) you can’t compete in women’s sports. Because you are not a woman (biologically).

Yeah Science, Bitches.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/8x8bez/yes-there-are-trans-animals

smarsh said:
first, let me say that i am in the camp that believes there are girls sports and there are boys sports for a reason. GENERALLY speaking, males are physically different than females when it comes to strength and speed. there is no denying that. simply put, it is not fair to allow males to compete against females for that reason. however, there is no reason that this should be legislated at the state or federal government level. this whackjob group we have in helena this year spent this session creating solutions to problems we don't have and trying to make a point to the rest of the country that the goddam libs ain't gonna tell us what to do here. the transgender rules/decisions need to come from the presiding athletic organizations (NCAA, MHA, Big Sky, etc), not state legislators that think we need guns on the state flag.
Agreed! :clap:

smarsh said:
first, let me say that i am in the camp that believes there are girls sports and there are boys sports for a reason. GENERALLY speaking, males are physically different than females when it comes to strength and speed. there is no denying that. simply put, it is not fair to allow males to compete against females for that reason. however, there is no reason that this should be legislated at the state or federal government level. this whackjob group we have in helena this year spent this session creating solutions to problems we don't have and trying to make a point to the rest of the country that the goddam libs ain't gonna tell us what to do here. the transgender rules/decisions need to come from the presiding athletic organizations (NCAA, MHA, Big Sky, etc), not state legislators that think we need guns on the state flag.

Yes. We should allow unelected bureaucrats to make ALL policy decisions...especially in sports. The NCAA and BSC are soooo respected in this regard.

Or, we can hold those we elect accountable for their decisions....

SoldierGriz said:
smarsh said:

Yes. We should allow unelected bureaucrats to make ALL policy decisions...especially in sports. The NCAA and BSC are soooo respected in this regard.

:thumb: :thumb:

“What am I going to do to you, thread?”

“Let me break it down.”

58tbv8.jpg

Interesting article on the topic.
https://www.westernjournal.com/biological-male-smashed-womens-weightlifting-records-will-likely-represent-olympics/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=aa-newsletter&utm_campaign=can&utm_content=firefly

ChesterGriz said:
https://www.westernjournal.com/biological-male-smashed-womens-weightlifting-records-will-likely-represent-olympics/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=aa-newsletter&utm_campaign=can&utm_content=firefly

Doesn't seem to be much support in this article or the comments for trans females competing with biological females.

SoldierGriz said:
smarsh said:

as if the group of monkeys with typewriters we have in helena are more "respected?" "ALL policy decisions?" about what? i'm not advocating that the NCAA rules on ALL policy decisions, only the ones that pertain to participation in the NCAA. never said they were good at it. this is presented in a way to be a sports decision/topic. why wouldn't the sports organizations make a sports decision? the most significant crisis in the lifetimes of most of us, and greg and the new freeman want to spend valuable time and money to pick on transgender kids in a thinly veiled effort to legislate morality.

MikeyGriz said:
ChesterGriz said:

Doesn't seem to be much support in this article or the comments for trans females competing with biological females.

Seems like the same on the board.

MikeyGriz said:
ChesterGriz said:

Not surprising given it’s Christian conservative journalism. Their words, not mine.

smarsh said:
SoldierGriz said:

as if the group of monkeys with typewriters we have in helena are more "respected?" "ALL policy decisions?" about what? i'm not advocating that the NCAA rules on ALL policy decisions, only the ones that pertain to participation in the NCAA. never said they were good at it. this is presented in a way to be a sports decision/topic. why wouldn't the sports organizations make a sports decision? the most significant crisis in the lifetimes of most of us, and greg and the new freeman want to spend valuable time and money to pick on transgender kids in a thinly veiled effort to legislate morality.

Nothing better than unelected bearoucrats making rules and policies...

Our Govt has considered morality issues since the beginning.

The only victims in this mess are young women.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Are they really?

Yes. They are the only ones disadvantaged when they have to compete against men. No one is prohibiting trans people from competing.

So you don't believe that males transitioning to females are at a disadvantage if forced to compete against other males? Also, how should we handle any females transitioning to males? Are you good with them competing against females? I am sure a year of testosterone could do wonders for performance.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:
Yes. They are the only ones disadvantaged when they have to compete against men. No one is prohibiting trans people from competing.

So you don't believe that males transitioning to females are at a disadvantage if forced to compete against other males? Also, how should we handle any females transitioning to males? Are you good with them competing against females? I am sure a year of testosterone could do wonders for performance.

So you believe there should be no consequence to peoples choices? For men, they are choosing to change the look of their breasts and crotches, and choosing to enhance that look by hormone suppression therapy, which has a side effect of diminishing natural athletic abilities (but only slightly so they can can crush women, but struggle against other men).

For women, we already ban all male athletes who dope with testosterone, which would apply to them as well (a really stupid example to throw out but throw away..)

Sometimes life's choices are a bitch. Until the day science reaches a point where doctors can turn the y chromosome to an x, your position, based on feelings, will never be correct. The upside is if they ever figure how switch y to an x, they could switch back when the patient finally realizes, as so many do, the sex change was not the answer to their problems. And maybe the transgender suicide rate, as noted in a study published in the American Academy of Pediatrics, will come down.

"More than half of transgender male teens who participated in the survey reported attempting suicide in their lifetime, while 29.9 percent of transgender female teens said they attempted suicide. Among non-binary youth, 41.8 percent of respondents stated that they had attempted suicide at some point in their lives."

I know all these downsides because a very dear friend's son was going through identifying as a girl near the end of grade school, and I helped her research the challenges her son would face if he chose to continue on that path. He read everything we gave him and made an informed choice to continue, aware of the downside consequences others before him had suffered.

The reason life ain't fair is because everybody's definition of fairness comes from their own unique internal perspective, (unless, of course, they are woke, where group think teaches you can never be woke enough or fair enough.)

Back