• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Position Topic: Safety's

Paytonlives

Staff member
I believe that there is a lot of un tapped talent in this group (Only 2 Out of Staters+ Hauck)

2 Gavin Robertson R-Sr. S 6-1 207 Auburn, Wash. / Auburn Mountainview HS
17 Robby Hauck R-Jr. S 5-10 185 Missoula, Mont. / Del Norte HS (Calif.)

4 Nash Fouch R-So. S 6-2 210 Woodinville, Wash. / Woodinville HS
5 Garrett Graves R-So. S 6-3 203 Eureka, Mont. / Lincoln County HS
6 Jackson Pepe R-So. S 6-0 198 Kalispell, Mont. / Glacier HS
9 David Koppang R-So. S 6-0 201 Missoula, Mont. / Loyola Sacred Heart

11 Gabe Longin Fr. S 5-11 193 Great Falls, Mont. / Great Falls HS
13 Ryder Meyer R-Fr. S 5-9 177 Fairfield, Mont. / Fairfield HS
25 Jaxon Lee Fr. S 6-1 222 Missoula, Mont. / Sentinel HS
TBD Jace Klucewich Fr. S 5-10 175 Frenchtown, Mont. / Sentinel HS
TBD Brady Lang Fr. S 6-1 175 Bozeman, Mont. / Senior HS
TBD Padraig Lang Fr. S 6-1 185 Bozeman, Mont. / Senior HS

Being a Montana Class B football guy, I love this group of players. There are a few former Class B studs in this group. Graves, Koppang and Meyer are all capable of being good players at this level. I think Graves has the best chance of breaking out this next season, but don't be surprised to see Meyer make waves as soon as he gets a chance. Jaxon Lee, who is not a class B guy, but since he went from C to AA, it averages out :) is also showing signs of being a stud in the near future. Looks like the Griz are going to be deep at safety with some Montana boys for a few years to come.

04GRIZPHARMER said:
I look forward to seeing more of Nash out there on the field!!!

There's a kid at our local pizza joint that's always asking me about Fouch when I come in for pickup. He used to play against him locally and recognized my Griz shirt.

Paytonlives said:
12 Safety's seems A lot for 2-3 positions , but they probably will play a lot of Special Teams

Have to imagine at least half (if not more) of the incoming freshman class will RS, so it won’t really be 12 guys fighting for time.

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
12 Safety's seems A lot for 2-3 positions , but they probably will play a lot of Special Teams

Have to imagine at least half (if not more) of the incoming freshman class will RS, so it won’t really be 12 guys fighting for time.

True

Back