• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky teasing us

Ursa Major said:
Yukon said:
I emailed Kent about ROOT streaming on ESPN+ and this is his response:

"This upcoming season those games will not be streamed. ROOT Sports has one more football season on their contract with the Big Sky Conference. After 2021 it will depend on what the conference is able to negotiate. I’m assuming ROOT Sports will want to continue broadcasting conference games, but what streaming will look like I do not know. "

Yukon, I emailed Kent last night. And got the exact same response at 9:35 AM today.9

This upcoming season those games will not be streamed on ESPN+.

ROOT Sports has one more football season on their contract with the Big Sky Conference. After 2021 it will depend on what the conference is able to negotiate. I’m assuming ROOT Sports will want to continue broadcasting conference games, but how many and what streaming will look like on those broadcasts I do not know.

Thanks,

Kent

That sucks. So it truly is just like last year. We have to scramble to find Roots.
Ya, I and many others are in a real pickle now. ATT TV NOW is gone and only can get ATT TV, but I still don't live in the correct area to get ROOT. I also bet that ROOT has the rights to choose what games they get and it will be all the good one's including the brawl.

Yukon said:
Ursa Major said:
Yukon, I emailed Kent last night. And got the exact same response at 9:35 AM today.9

This upcoming season those games will not be streamed on ESPN+.

ROOT Sports has one more football season on their contract with the Big Sky Conference. After 2021 it will depend on what the conference is able to negotiate. I’m assuming ROOT Sports will want to continue broadcasting conference games, but how many and what streaming will look like on those broadcasts I do not know.

Thanks,

Kent

That sucks. So it truly is just like last year. We have to scramble to find Roots.
Ya, I and many others are in a real pickle now. ATT TV NOW is gone and only can get ATT TV, but I still don't live in the correct area to get ROOT. I also bet that ROOT has the rights to choose what games they get and it will be all the good one's including the brawl.

I’m in the exact same boat with AT&T. I will let you know if I find a provider. I’m in Boise. The last thing I want to do is go back to cable.

You know 1/4 of the Griz games will be on Root, including cat-Griz.

Ursa Major said:
Yukon said:

I’m in the exact same boat with AT&T. I will let you know if I find a provider. I’m in Boise. The last thing I want to do is go back to cable.

Yukon—you have probably stumbled upon this already. Another poster referenced this already. Root Channel finder where you can type in your zip and go thru a list of providers that offer service in your area.

Although Root shows AT&T in my area, AT&T doesn’t list it as a provider. So you may have to pick up a phone and actually talk to someone to find out if they actually carry it. Just like your forefathers did in 1921.

https://northwest.rootsports.com/channel-finder/

Ursa Major said:
Ursa Major said:

Yukon—you have probably stumbled upon this already. Another poster referenced this already. Root Channel finder where you can type in your zip and go thru a list of providers that offer service in your area.

Although Root shows AT&T in my area, AT&T doesn’t list it as a provider. So you may have to pick up a phone and actually talk to someone to find out if they actually carry it. Just like your forefathers did in 1921.

In 1921 you had a chance to get the information that way, now, not so much.

kemajic said:
Ursa Major said:

In 1921 you had a chance to get the information that way, now, not so much.
Without a doubt, Kem. I’ll be on the phone tomorrow with “Mary” from Mumbai.

Ursa Major said:
Ursa Major said:

Well, I tried all that I can for the moment and the only option is ATT TV with ATT SportsNet with a game delay. Probably air the games at 2am Sunday. That would also be $90/month. Not going to do that. Guess I wont be watching them on ROOT this year. Might be able to see it on YouTube 5 days later with Wally the Bronco Too.

Yukon said:
Ursa Major said:

Well, I tried all that I can for the moment and the only option is ATT TV with ATT SportsNet with a game delay. Probably air the games at 2am Sunday. That would also be $90/month. Not going to do that. Guess I wont be watching them on ROOT this year. Might be able to see it on YouTube 5 days later with Wally the Bronco Too.

Time delayed? That sucks! Can’t say I blame you.

Ursa Major said:
Yukon said:

Well, I still might do the ATT TV thing, but only during the 1st and last Root games. I'll just pause my YouTube TV account when I get ATT TV. That way it's only about $20 extra out of my for each month.

Yukon said:
Ursa Major said:
Well, I still might do the ATT TV thing, but only during the 1st and last Root games. I'll just pause my YouTube TV account when I get ATT TV. That way it's only about $20 extra out of my for each month.

I feel for everyone especially people that live outside the northwest. I live in Montana but similarly did the ATT TV (formerly Direct TV Now) and I would do it for October and November. Worked great. I cut cable years ago.

The lack of streaming for Root games is terrible for the league. It’s unfortunate because they put on a good production.

My options in Montana is to suck it up and get cable with the ability to stream on my laptop or go to a bar that has it. I have season tickets so I won’t need to worry about home games as much

Back