• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Carson Rostad to LB?

Get a grip fellas, in about 100 days we will all see the end result of this move. I bet it is a great decision to move him to LB

Paytonlives said:
Get a grip fellas, in about 100 days we will all see the end result of this move. I bet it is a great decision to move him to LB

I think all but 1 or 2 of us agree. ;)

MikeyGriz said:
Paytonlives said:

I think all but 1 or 2 of us agree. ;)

Think there is just 1 and she lives in Jesse Hall.

Jesse said:
406 Grizzly said:
I wasn’t going to weigh in on this as it’s clearly no longer about Carson Rostad, but you have now bled Robby Hauck to death. Pretty tiring and sad to read some of the things you have written about him when you clearly do not comprehend the incredible athlete he really is…even with his shorter stature. With that said and regarding Gabe Sulser, I have no idea who your inside source is, they do not know what they are talking about. Gabe’s father, Mark, is one of my dearest friends. Trust me, the ACL repair Dr. Bentley did was done perfectly. Gabe has lived in the weight room and his 40 has dropped. So please stop lying about things you know nothing about. Do not start running another stellar Griz athlete down. The things being said by you are not true, correct, and are frankly sad as these boys cannot defend themselves from your blatant slanderous attacks.

Remember this is just an anonymous offseason message board that doesn’t pull much weight in the real world, and should not be taken too seriously by players or fans. My apologies to you and your friend and his son if my comments were found to be hurtful that was not my intent.

Yes it was your intent. You are the worst poster on here....and that is saying something.

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:
Again, if you just took a level approach that some player should be moved to some position, great. But that’s not at all what you did. Do you lie to impress people?

You keep claiming some LB or offensive player who never played the position at the collegiate level should be “starting” over a player with BSC honors and, to quote Jalen, who has put it on wax. That’s just ridiculously dumb. Do you even know the name of the position?

So, Mr. spot-on, now that you answered Sask’s nepotism question, you still have not answered mine: who should be staring over RH? Let’s see your lineup

Lie to impress people? What the [#]f### are you talking about. Again my point is if Rostad, one of the most athletic players on the team is getting moved from offense to defense it should be to safety to replace a slower smaller less athletic hauck, ok? I think graves should be playing in front of him also. As to janacro and turner I believe they would perform better then RH at the position because they are just as tough but are bigger faster and more athletic. It’s my opinion that’s how most sports work, the bigger faster athletes find a place to play and are capable of being moved around to different positions. RH not so much, and his bsc honors have nothing to do with his name right?
Have you ever heard of the word “than”?

Jesse said:
kemajic said:
That one's pretty simple; Hauck didn't play his HS football in MT; #37 will be Jace Lewis - if it's maintained.

But nice deep dive into your anecdote regarding a mistake made by a freshman safety, who made 2nd team all-BSC his sophomore year. More accolades coming as he matures.
Thanks for giving props to my deep dive, I think. Lol. I’m for RH wearing the jersey because will he is the heir apparent right, it makes a great narrative/human interest story for the school. (I also think that the number 37 will make him appear bigger and faster and more athletic then 17).

Still no than in your vocabulary.

ChesterGriz said:
Jesse said:
Lie to impress people? What the [#]f### are you talking about. Again my point is if Rostad, one of the most athletic players on the team is getting moved from offense to defense it should be to safety to replace a slower smaller less athletic hauck, ok? I think graves should be playing in front of him also. As to janacro and turner I believe they would perform better then RH at the position because they are just as tough but are bigger faster and more athletic. It’s my opinion that’s how most sports work, the bigger faster athletes find a place to play and are capable of being moved around to different positions. RH not so much, and his bsc honors have nothing to do with his name right?

Other “than” the grammatical/syntax err, did you have a substantive comment on my take regarding Rostad being moved to safety. Thanks

SoldierGriz said:
Jesse said:
Remember this is just an anonymous offseason message board that doesn’t pull much weight in the real world, and should not be taken too seriously by players or fans. My apologies to you and your friend and his son if my comments were found to be hurtful that was not my intent.

Yes it was your intent. You are the worst poster on here....and that is saying something.
So you claim to know what’s in my heart? That’s a little egoistical wouldn’t you say

Jesse said:
ChesterGriz said:

Other “than” the grammatical/syntax err, did you have a substantive comment on my take regarding Rostad being moved to safety. Thanks

I won’t argue with you on the bigger, faster can potentially equate to better. A point that should not be dismissed. In RH’s case there is another factor you have to take into account. He understands the game probably better than most, grew up in a football family and has phenomenal stats. The stats don’t lie. I would say his pass coverage would be a weakness if anything. He plays hard nosed and yes, he piles on at the end of plays because he pursues well. I would say his last name is actually a handicap. I can’t imagine the pressure he has to live up to and the scrutiny his father has put him under. Is he the best player for that position? I am by no means qualified to make that assessment. He certainly has the stats to back up his starting role. What a good position the Griz are in. They have depth and players to challenge for positions. BH wants to win. I don’t think nepotism is his motivating factor, but what the hell do I or anyone on this board really know. At least you had the cajones to make a post and stand by your position. That is why I come to this board. Not to hear other people call another poster and idiot. Shame, shame people. Some of you make this board less and less desirable. Unfortunate.

Jesse said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
So other than 37, which numbers are bigger, faster, and more athletic?
It was an attempt at jocularity. Apparently none too much appreciated though. Tough crowd. To appease the masses I heard that sulser has lost a step due to the surgery and next fastest man is up to return punts and his name is RH. He’s faster then sulser now or so I have been told by a very reliable inside source and also that ice water runs through his veins or something like that.
What the hell is wrong with you?
You’re a grown-ass man

Jesse said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Rostad to Defense was predicted years ago by Fanofzoo and myself (sorry if I'm am missing anybody).

He'll be great there.

Rostad reminds me a bit of Todd Ericson size and athleticism. He will make an outstanding safety for the Griz. You and fan zoo were spot on.
Here is another neurotic post from spotty-🥜
The only reason he mentioned Todd Erickson was because he knows Intuitive is a Butte guy and loves that dude, and he was trying to rally a poster to support him in any way. How weird.
He can’t name a single similarity shared between the two. Can’t even spell the dude’s name right

Jesse said:
AZGrizFan said:
And still waiting…..he’s responded to every other post multiple times…but for some reason can’t find the time to list the players that Anderson DIDN’T run by….would rather blame the entire loss (and probably 2019’s too) on RH.

Class move, Jesse.

Coming from you I take that as a compliment. Again you do realize this is an anonymous offseason message board full opinions. I didn’t follow MSUs other games so I can’t give you a rundown re Anderson, maybe you can fill us in. My original comment was that if Rostad is moving to the defense it should be to play safety based upon his high school record, 2 time all state at safety and qb, montana Gatorade athlete of the year. He has talent and speed and size and a gamer mentality lets not waste it in my opinion. Move him to safety and let the chips fall and give him a chance to compete at his most natural position on defense, but probably won’t happen. Disagree with me I really don’t care. I like my safety’s to be bigger and faster then the other teams offensive weapons. I have watched enough of RH getting beat to realized he isn’t that. Again just my opinion.
Why do you keep calling egriz an “offseason” message board? I’ve seen you say it a couple times now. Are you only welcome on moronblood during the season?

I think PR needs to rub another nose notch in The Mo club bar with his half-Nelson combo. He calls it the “Pepper Jack.”

garizzalies said:
Jesse said:
Rostad reminds me a bit of Todd Ericson size and athleticism. He will make an outstanding safety for the Griz. You and fan zoo were spot on.
Here is another neurotic post from spotty-🥜
The only reason he mentioned Todd Erickson was because he knows Intuitive is a Butte guy and loves that dude, and he was trying to rally a poster to support him in any way. How weird.
He can’t name a single similarity shared between the two. Can’t even spell the dude’s name right
Intuitive, who spelled Todd’s last name correctly me, a fellow butte guy who knows him, or this douche bag? (He has the spelling mixed up with Dennis Erickson’s last name)

Jesse said:
SaskGriz said:
The Griz play with 3 safeties.
Curious how Robbie Hauck keeps his starting spot with guys like graves, Janacaro, Rostand, Turner and more, who are bigger, faster and more physical. I watched from the East stands as troy Anderson literally ran/stepped over the top of him for long gain in the epic second half meltdown of 2018. Just my opinion but we have better athletes who can better fill that spot.smh

Wasnt Hauck all Big Sky???????

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Jesse said:
Curious how Robbie Hauck keeps his starting spot with guys like graves, Janacaro, Rostand, Turner and more, who are bigger, faster and more physical. I watched from the East stands as troy Anderson literally ran/stepped over the top of him for long gain in the epic second half meltdown of 2018. Just my opinion but we have better athletes who can better fill that spot.smh

Wasnt Hauck all Big Sky???????

2nd team All Conference I believe.

Jesse, I hope you take a minute and read the entire write-up. Robby Hauck’s ability and contribution at safety has been pretty amazing! His tackling stats are laid out here and are very impressive.

https://twitter.com/montanagrizfb/status/1404912444082855939?s=21

406 Grizzly said:
Jesse, I hope you take a minute and read the entire write-up. Robby Hauck’s ability and contribution at safety has been pretty amazing! His tackling stats are laid out here and are very impressive.

https://twitter.com/montanagrizfb/status/1404912444082855939?s=21

Thanks for that his stats are impressive no doubt. I don’t really understand the outrage for voicing my opinion, I just think bigger is usually better and I believe the team is talent laden with good sized athletes who are not finding the field. The coach/son thing is unfortunate but it is what it is and I agree he probably feels intense pressure to make every play, because of it, which sometimes has resulted in blown coverage or bad reads. Hope he finds his lane and relaxes and does well the rest of his career. But I would like to see some younger guys compete for spots in the secondary and play more. Again, regardless of what the fellas on here think, I meant no disrespect to you, or your friend and his son. It’s like everything else on this board mostly rumors and gossip that we happily regurgitate to throw some new material/red meat out to argue about.

I do hope Rostand gets converted to safety where he played in high school and sees the field this season same for graves.

Back