Vim's 2022 Montana High School Player List

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
User avatar
Paytonlives
Moderator
Posts: 16328
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: MT!!!!!

Who in Montana is going to tackle this kid this fall?

Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"
dayday
eGriz Club
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Paytonlives wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:17 pm Who in Montana is going to tackle this kid this fall?

Beast mode. If he was a bit faster he’d be a FBS back. Be curious what looks he gets at the next level but he’s certainly a very strong dude.
grizfan1984
Posts: 1495
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

dayday wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:12 pm
Paytonlives wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:17 pm Who in Montana is going to tackle this kid this fall?

Beast mode. If he was a bit faster he’d be a FBS back. Be curious what looks he gets at the next level but he’s certainly a very strong dude.
I believe Army and Navy have already offered.
SACCAT66
Posts: 1510
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Spectators Bar

grizfan1984 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:01 pm
dayday wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:12 pm

Beast mode. If he was a bit faster he’d be a FBS back. Be curious what looks he gets at the next level but he’s certainly a very strong dude.
I believe Army and Navy have already offered.
Army, Navy, and Air Force have offered. Carroll has also offered.
grizfan1984
Posts: 1495
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Don’t know if we really recruited him but he is a GRIZ legacy player
User avatar
Paytonlives
Moderator
Posts: 16328
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: MT!!!!!

Updated the first list
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"
User avatar
IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:08 am
Location: Butte, America

grizfan1984 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:08 pm Don’t know if we really recruited him but he is a GRIZ legacy player
Isn't his uncle former Griz WR (National Champion) Nate Dolan, from Billings Senior?
72-39-5 against state

Image

WE ARE MONTANA!!!
User avatar
IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:08 am
Location: Butte, America

grizfan1984 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:01 pm
dayday wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:12 pm

Beast mode. If he was a bit faster he’d be a FBS back. Be curious what looks he gets at the next level but he’s certainly a very strong dude.
I believe Army and Navy have already offered.
Reminds me of when Nick Ostmo received academy offers...
72-39-5 against state

Image

WE ARE MONTANA!!!
grizfan1984
Posts: 1495
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

IntuitiveGriz wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:49 am
grizfan1984 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:08 pm Don’t know if we really recruited him but he is a GRIZ legacy player
Isn't his uncle former Griz WR (National Champion) Nate Dolan, from Billings Senior?
Yes that is his uncle also I believe the Grandpa played for the GRIZ.
User avatar
Paytonlives
Moderator
Posts: 16328
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: MT!!!!!

One of the Top Prospects in Montana

Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"
User avatar
IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:08 am
Location: Butte, America

Definitely one of the states top prospects as well (been invited to camps @ Wisconsin, Stanford, Northwestern Air Force...)

72-39-5 against state

Image

WE ARE MONTANA!!!
User avatar
IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:08 am
Location: Butte, America

🏈
Last edited by IntuitiveGriz on Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
72-39-5 against state

Image

WE ARE MONTANA!!!
User avatar
IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:08 am
Location: Butte, America

Next day at Air Force...

72-39-5 against state

Image

WE ARE MONTANA!!!
grizfan1984
Posts: 1495
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

I see msu just offered 2023 Reed Harris from Great Falls Vim do you have any insight to this kid I see msu and Idaho have both offered along with Tech is this kid the #1 player in 2023?
SACCAT66
Posts: 1510
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Spectators Bar

grizfan1984 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:48 pm I see msu just offered 2023 Reed Harris from Great Falls Vim do you have any insight to this kid I see msu and Idaho have both offered along with Tech is this kid the #1 player in 2023?
I'd be shocked if he isn't the #1 kid in 2023. He is big, can throw , can move outside the pocket.... He was really impressive last year as a sophomore.
mtsports_67
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:36 am
Location: Missoula

Here’s an update for your player list.

User avatar
Paytonlives
Moderator
Posts: 16328
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: MT!!!!!

QB/ATH- Kaden Huot 6' 4" 200 (Helena High) Helena, MT (N 10/8/20) kittens

Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"
User avatar
Paytonlives
Moderator
Posts: 16328
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: MT!!!!!

Vims Top 10:

1.) Taco Dowler (Billings West) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH
2.) Zac Crews (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'4", 195 lbs. - TE/DE/OLB
3.) Caden Dowler (Billings West) - 6'0", 195 lbs. - S
4.) Kaden Huot (Helena High) - 6'4", 200 lbs. - QB (Griz Verbal)
5.) Malikye Simpson (Billings Senior) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH
6.) Marcus Evans (Helena High) - 6'0", 205 lbs. - RB/LB (Griz Verbal)
7.) Rylan Schlepp (Bozeman Gallatin) - 6'4", 220 lbs. - TE/DE (kitten verbal)
8.) Jake Rendina (Kalispell Glacier) - 5'11", 230 lbs. - RB
9.) Charlie Kirgan (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'0", 210 lbs. - FB/DE
10.) Ethan Abbott (Florence) - 6'4", 275 lbs. - OL/DL

Taco falls somewhere in between Gabe Sulser and Jace Klucewich in terms of talent (great company to be in). If Zac Crews was about 25 lbs. bigger, he would be the clear #1 and likely already scooped up by a FBS program. Caden is a rock solid safety prospect. Kaden was discussed above. Malikye is very, very fast. Marcus has a ton of great instincts as a linebacker that should make him a multi-year starter at the next level. Rylan has length for days and gives coaches a bunch to work with as an offensive threat or a future rush end. Jake is a bowling ball as a runner which makes up for his lack of speed...he's easily a power back at the FCS level but may not get a scholarship offer (military academies want him). Charlie Kirgan is being terribly underrecruited and hopefully another stellar season gets him a scholarship offer from the UM or MSU (I'll be flabbergasted if he only gets NAIA offers). Ethan has the best measurables as a future offensive or defensive lineman at the next level (he's also a monster on tape).
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"
SaskGriz
Posts: 2640
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:55 am
Location: The Great White North

Paytonlives wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:53 pm Vims Top 10:

1.) Taco Dowler (Billings West) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH
2.) Zac Crews (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'4", 195 lbs. - TE/DE/OLB
3.) Caden Dowler (Billings West) - 6'0", 195 lbs. - S
4.) Kaden Huot (Helena High) - 6'4", 200 lbs. - QB (Griz Verbal)
5.) Malikye Simpson (Billings Senior) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH
6.) Marcus Evans (Helena High) - 6'0", 205 lbs. - RB/LB (Griz Verbal)
7.) Rylan Schlepp (Bozeman Gallatin) - 6'4", 220 lbs. - TE/DE (kitten verbal)
8.) Jake Rendina (Kalispell Glacier) - 5'11", 230 lbs. - RB
9.) Charlie Kirgan (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'0", 210 lbs. - FB/DE
10.) Ethan Abbott (Florence) - 6'4", 275 lbs. - OL/DL

Taco falls somewhere in between Gabe Sulser and Jace Klucewich in terms of talent (great company to be in). If Zac Crews was about 25 lbs. bigger, he would be the clear #1 and likely already scooped up by a FBS program. Caden is a rock solid safety prospect. Kaden was discussed above. Malikye is very, very fast. Marcus has a ton of great instincts as a linebacker that should make him a multi-year starter at the next level. Rylan has length for days and gives coaches a bunch to work with as an offensive threat or a future rush end. Jake is a bowling ball as a runner which makes up for his lack of speed...he's easily a power back at the FCS level but may not get a scholarship offer (military academies want him). Charlie Kirgan is being terribly underrecruited and hopefully another stellar season gets him a scholarship offer from the UM or MSU (I'll be flabbergasted if he only gets NAIA offers). Ethan has the best measurables as a future offensive or defensive lineman at the next level (he's also a monster on tape).
7"7 with an 8'2 wingspan, he's gonna be a target on the jump ball in the endzone. Except I heard the coaching staff are going to play him as a hybrid d b/ linebacker.
grizfan1984
Posts: 1495
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

SaskGriz wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:38 pm
Paytonlives wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:53 pm Vims Top 10:

1.) Taco Dowler (Billings West) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH
2.) Zac Crews (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'4", 195 lbs. - TE/DE/OLB
3.) Caden Dowler (Billings West) - 6'0", 195 lbs. - S
4.) Kaden Huot (Helena High) - 6'4", 200 lbs. - QB (Griz Verbal)
5.) Malikye Simpson (Billings Senior) - 5'10", 165 lbs. - WR/CB/ATH
6.) Marcus Evans (Helena High) - 6'0", 205 lbs. - RB/LB (Griz Verbal)
7.) Rylan Schlepp (Bozeman Gallatin) - 6'4", 220 lbs. - TE/DE (kitten verbal)
8.) Jake Rendina (Kalispell Glacier) - 5'11", 230 lbs. - RB
9.) Charlie Kirgan (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'0", 210 lbs. - FB/DE
10.) Ethan Abbott (Florence) - 6'4", 275 lbs. - OL/DL

Taco falls somewhere in between Gabe Sulser and Jace Klucewich in terms of talent (great company to be in). If Zac Crews was about 25 lbs. bigger, he would be the clear #1 and likely already scooped up by a FBS program. Caden is a rock solid safety prospect. Kaden was discussed above. Malikye is very, very fast. Marcus has a ton of great instincts as a linebacker that should make him a multi-year starter at the next level. Rylan has length for days and gives coaches a bunch to work with as an offensive threat or a future rush end. Jake is a bowling ball as a runner which makes up for his lack of speed...he's easily a power back at the FCS level but may not get a scholarship offer (military academies want him). Charlie Kirgan is being terribly underrecruited and hopefully another stellar season gets him a scholarship offer from the UM or MSU (I'll be flabbergasted if he only gets NAIA offers). Ethan has the best measurables as a future offensive or defensive lineman at the next level (he's also a monster on tape).
7"7 with an 8'2 wingspan, he's gonna be a target on the jump ball in the endzone. Except I heard the coaching staff are going to play him as a hybrid d b/ linebacker.
Who is going to play LB/S?
Post Reply