• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NCAA Bomb to drop on Arizona State?

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
I was listening to a sports show the other morning, and they had an Ex-exec for an MLB team on. He talked about the latest "Cheating" scandal, and opened up about all the things they would do
1) If it was raining, they would leave the roof of the stadium open, so Batting practice would be canceled for the opposing team
2) Study outfielders, and cut the grass the way the opposing teams fielders didn't like it
3) Had Vats of Sun screen in the dug-out for the pitchers to use for spin rate
4) Teams had fans that would sit up in the bleachers and wave towels when there was an off speed pitch coming (he would be told be the video team in an ear piece)

Many others, but it was interesting hearing about how cheating is at every level of every sport there is. Billions of dollars are at stake, and if it means paying college kids with money,( or free hot dogs) you have to push the limit until it bites you.

I had this typed up in my first post in this thread and nixed it, but what the hell: A friend of mine played FB for an SEC team (one of the ones in Alabama) in the late 90s. He says almost everyone on the 2-deep was on the take somehow. He says, at least in that conference, it was much less common to find a starter who wasn't getting something on the side than one who was. Nothing huge in most cases, but in some cases it was significant. I have no idea if it's true, but he did say this which made sense: "You think Cam Newton's dad turned down a quarter-mil from Mississippi State to have Cam play at Auburn for free?" That kind of resonated with me. That's just life in big time CFB, I guess.
So, who could ever forget "the University" of North Carolina that is so beloved by all the talking heads on tv and radio? The coach, who did not know anything about anything, is now going to be enshrined in the Basket Ball hall of fame. Who knows how badly they would have fared had they given hot dogs to football players?

kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I got a buddy who played safety for one of the SEC schools in Mississippi that’s not a state school(I may have said too much) and he says he didn’t have to attend a single class in his four years. Maybe not exactly paying athletes but definitely cheating.
You could count the number of classes Randy Moss attended at Marshall on one hand.

Probably could add his Florida classes onto that hand too.

alabamagrizzly said:
kemajic said:
You could count the number of classes Randy Moss attended at Marshall on one hand.

Florida State. “Everybody, one class.” Love that guy, save for one game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrkMNg

alabamagrizzly said:
kemajic said:

With his talent and Bowden at the helm, it's hard to imagine how bad a dude he had to be to get kicked out of FSU.

www.britannica.com/biography/Randy-Moss

Hmm. By today's standards not such a bad dude. By today's standards, that is.

kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:
With his talent and Bowden at the helm, it's hard to imagine how bad a dude he had to be to get kicked out of FSU.

He was kicked off do to a failed drug test as part of his probation regarding a fight he had in high school. There is a decent documentary about him on ESPN 60 called “Randy University” that tells his story. Worth a look it has some footage from the Chipper against the Egriz. Really wasn’t that bad of a dude.

Jesse said:
kemajic said:

He was kicked off do to a failed drug test as part of his probation regarding a fight he had in high school. There is a decent documentary about him on ESPN 60 called “Randy University” that tells his story. Worth a look it has some footage from the Chipper against the Egriz. Really wasn’t that bad of a dude.

It’s a 30 for 30 called Rand University, named after Rand, WV where he grew up. The 7-11 in town was “Rand University”. Good watch for sure.

CDAGRIZ said:
Jesse said:

It’s a 30 for 30 called Rand University, named after Rand, WV where he grew up. The 7-11 in town was “Rand University”. Good watch for sure.

No wonder we lost if eGriz was out there. I would think PR would’ve been able to shut Randy down though, or at least argue with him tell he gives up and don’t wanna play no more.

What was hilarious is that Dennehy thought Billy Ivie, all 5'9" of him, could provide single coverage on Moss. I have never seen a WR toy with a d-back like Moss did with Ivie in that game.

Back