• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

5 Griz Land on All Conference Team

HookedonGriz

DONOR
5 different Griz were picked as pre-season All Conference players. I’m guessing that’s the most from any Big Sky team. Love to see it!

Akem
Beaver
Lewis
O’Donaghue
Hauck

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/7/26/football-five-griz-named-to-preseason-all-big-sky-team.aspx

HookedonGriz said:
5 different Griz were picked as pre-season All Conference players. I’m guessing that’s the most from any Big Sky team. Love to see it!

Nope Weber has 7. Griz would have had 6 if knight didn't get hurt.

preseason_all_big_sky_FB_WEBSITE.jpg

RayWill said:
HookedonGriz said:

Nope Weber has 7. Griz would have had 6 if knight didn't get hurt.

preseason_all_big_sky_FB_WEBSITE.jpg

Thanks, missed that. 7 is a lot. Will be interesting to see where it all lands. For example, Ifanse when healthy is the best RB in the league. Just can’t stay healthy seems to be why he gets no love. I have a feeling one of our transfer corners (if not 2) will also make a case but no one knows them....yet. They are about to.

Bear Axed said:
2 for the butt-hurt kittens...
no mention of their All-World running back

:lol: I'm sure he'll probably cry himself to sleep tonight. Either that or he'll remember how easy it is for the Cats to run it down um's throat year after year after year after year. What are you guys setting the O\U on for the Cat rushing attack this year - 350? :thumb:

poorgriz said:
Bear Axed said:
2 for the butt-hurt kittens...
no mention of their All-World running back

:lol: I'm sure he'll probably cry himself to sleep tonight. Either that or he'll remember how easy it is for the Cats to run it down um's throat year after year after year after year. What are you guys setting the O\U on for the Cat rushing attack this year - 350? :thumb:
Hey vimm-poorcats, is it true the Dillon kid is transferring, probably to The Griz? I saw my neighbor stomping around in his yard doing mindless/meaningless work and that usually means something bad for the scats (or good for The Griz). For instance, the week after the Chote-bolt, he pressure washed his gravel driveway each night.

I pulled in tonight and he said he “had it on good authority” (which is funny in and of itself 😆) that the cowboy will transfer. I could not track his explanation—it made no sense. But he did mention the grad-transfer rule and I can see the kid wanting to play for a possible champ and not the #6 team.

Also, that’s probably why the kid was a “tie” for this pre-season award. Not sure I remember seeing one of those before, and really, when has the kid even played this position? Probably won’t even start for The Griz as we already have the best OLB from MT at that position. I guess a “tie” would make sense tho, as you guys love to count ties, and then the BSC can easily amend/delete this with the other recipient already in place after the cowboy hits I-90 west.

garizzalies said:
Quote from the article:
When asked about Bozeman’s best feature or amenity, Mr. Andersen replied, “I-90 West”.

LINK:[spoil]
200w.gif

[/spoil]

Hey Garizzalies, if true, is Boise State one of the names mentioned? Kane Ioane’s dad, Kas, is a friend and he mentioned how close Kane and Troy were at MSU. Can’t help but wonder if Kane isn’t trying to make a move on Troy now that he is co-Defensive Coordinator at BSU.

406 Grizzly said:
garizzalies said:
Quote from the article:

200w.gif

[/spoil]

Hey Garizzalies, if true, is Boise State one of the names mentioned? Kane Ioane’s dad, Kas, is a friend and he mentioned how close Kane and Troy were at MSU. Can’t help but wonder if Kane isn’t trying to make a move on Troy now that he is co-Defensive Coordinator at BSU.
My neighbor did not specifically mention BSU but he joked about The Griz and University of Tech’s-Ass and I’m seriously not making up the rumor.

TBH, your explanation makes a hell of a lot more sense than my neighbor’s, and if I tried to explain his reasoning for the rumored transfer, everybody would think I’m trolling. Irregardlessness, something is rotten in Bozemark.

What I find really interesting is why the Cats so-called “next” greatest NFL LB was not chosen as one of the two BSC Media Days athletes in Spokane today? It doesn’t add up…unless there is some truth to this rumor.

Okay, now I am waiting for the trolls to start attacking and making excuses as to why he wasn’t there. Maybe an injury or something worse like a calf back home kicked him in the ding ding which didn’t allow him to wear tight fitting pants for the interview.

406 Grizzly said:
garizzalies said:
Quote from the article:

200w.gif

[/spoil]

:lol: Same ol song and dance over here. Every time we see a Bobcat player rise to super stardom..... it doesn't take long for jealous griz fans to start rumors about said player transferring. Remember Lulay? McGhee? Ifanse? Now Andersen? Sorry kids - Troy isn't going anywhere. Plus, not sure why you're so concerned about it - he didn't even play last year and you still got destroyed. ;)

poorgriz said:
406 Grizzly said:

:lol: Same ol song and dance over here. Every time we see a Bobcat player rise to super stardom..... it doesn't take long for jealous griz fans to start rumors about said player transferring. Remember Lulay? McGhee? Ifanse? Now Andersen? Sorry kids - Troy isn't going anywhere. Plus, not sure why you're so concerned about it - he didn't even play last year and you still got destroyed. ;)
You will need him at his best in November.

poorgriz said:
406 Grizzly said:

Is it only in kittyland where an athlete becomes an all-world super star without the stats to back up the claim?

poorgriz said:
406 Grizzly said:

Not the same song and dance at all. I’m pretty sure I saw that MSU (however long ago) announced Troy was going to wear the #41 jersey. Now he’s not. According to BN Chase Benson will now wear it. He wasn’t chosen for Spokane yesterday. Hell, I hope he plays because it will be Troy’s last Griz-scat game and to lose in Washington Grizzly Stadium will be fun to watch.

I would have to believe that Anderson of Troy would find it an honor to simply be associated with the perennial preseason national champions.

Bear Axed said:
poorgriz said:

Is it only in kittyland where an athlete becomes an all-world super star without the stats to back up the claim?
Check out the Cowboys84 argument regarding Osweiler in the Huot thread.

garizzalies said:
406 Grizzly said:
My neighbor did not specifically mention BSU but he joked about The Griz and University of Tech’s-Ass and I’m seriously not making up the rumor.

TBH, your explanation makes a hell of a lot more sense than my neighbor’s, and if I tried to explain his reasoning for the rumored transfer, everybody would think I’m trolling. Irregardlessness, something is rotten in Bozemark.

Spelling correction: Bozemarck.
:thumb:

kemajic said:
Bear Axed said:
Check out the Cowboys84 argument regarding Osweiler in the Huot thread.
Show where I ever said osweiler was a superstar.

poorgriz said:
406 Grizzly said:

Super star? Huh? Are you talking about the kid who will be going back to branding cows in about 4 months?
The Griz have had exactly: one super star.
The Boobcats have had exactly: never!
And why do you lie? To impress people? Or make friends? It’s not working.
Nobody is “starting rumors” here. I specifically said I did not start the god damned rumor. And when has there ever been rumors started here about those other players transferring? Provide a link or slink back into your mom’s basement.

Back