• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Classic Game Thread (Includes 95 Championship). Make sure you have at least 3 hours.

503Griz said:
Harm said:
Does anyone have any of the 2011 Griz games especially the play-offs? I've been looking on YouTube but I've only found a couple game's highlights. Tks!

I've only seen a few highlights as well.

But you can listen to Mick & Gurns' full call of the 2011 massacre in Bozeman here:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/grizzly-gameday-11-14-2020/id1477633297?i=1000498860728
That's awesome.

Man, I miss those guys.

Harm said:
Does anyone have any of the 2011 Griz games especially the play-offs? I've been looking on YouTube but I've only found a couple game's highlights. Tks!

I might have some. I'm sure I have the semifinal game. Maybe I can upload them. Maybe I can't. We'll see.

MikeyGriz said:
There was a game where Jimmy Ferris dove for a TD catch as he crossed the North End Zone goal. I was sitting on the west side looking right down that goal line when it happened. Can't remember which game it was. Any help out there?
Richmond? In the quarters, maybe. I think Jimmy had two and one big one I recall. Jimmy two times.

Jimmy and Etu might have been our best WR combo. Right up there with Wells/Douglass, Jones/Henderson, Mariani/Sambrano, and Toure/Akem. I think W/D was best. What say you, egriz?

garizzalies said:
MikeyGriz said:
There was a game where Jimmy Ferris dove for a TD catch as he crossed the North End Zone goal. I was sitting on the west side looking right down that goal line when it happened. Can't remember which game it was. Any help out there?
Richmond? In the quarters, maybe. I think Jimmy had two and one big one I recall. Jimmy two times.

Jimmy and Etu might have been our best WR combo. Right up there with Wells/Douglass, Jones/Henderson, Mariani/Sambrano, and Toure/Akem. I think W/D was best. What say you, egriz?

Tough call. But for fodder's sake, I'd add - Segars, Heidelberger, Talmage to that list. And with Walden at TE.
Deadly.

503Griz said:
garizzalies said:

Tough call. But for fodder's sake, I'd add - Segars, Heidelberger, Talmage to that list. And with Walden at TE.
Deadly.
Mariani always gets my nod; not only a great receiver, but the GOAT returner. Talmage was good, but will unfortunately be remembered for that killer uncontested EZ drop in the '04 NC game.

grizpsych said:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTyuHsl6tqg[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMQ7ySRlSn4[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzlnp7I4vuw[/media]

"Oh Fudge!"

Thanks for posting these, I spent some afternoons in the bleachers at Dornblazer at the tail end of Coach Donovan's time with the Griz. Those shots of the "stadium" bring back some memories and are a good reminder of how far the program has come.

garizzalies said:
MikeyGriz said:

Could have been. Looks like that was in 2000. Wish I had some video to review.

MikeyGriz said:
I was also in Dornblaser from 77-82. Don't recall many "highlights" from that time!
Yeah it's strange to think that Montana was a basketball school when I was first there in 85-86, the dominance of Krystko! The football team didn't turn the corner until Coach Read toward the end of the decade.

SaskGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:
I was also in Dornblaser from 77-82. Don't recall many "highlights" from that time!
Yeah it's strange to think that Montana was a basketball school when I was first there in 85-86, the dominance of Krystko! The football team didn't turn the corner until Coach Read toward the end of the decade.

Things really started to cook football wise when the new stadium was built.

Harm said:

I have the Sam Houston playoff game recorded, but need to find a way to transfer it to eGriz.

A highlight of 2011 win at ISU found:

MikeyGriz said:
The Rocky Klever dominated Cat-Griz game of 1978 comes to mind.

Bump - Thanks to KPAX for posting these gems on YouTube now, once a week.

I am looking forward to this week when they release 2000 vs Sac State. That epic Ricky Ray blunder that I believe became known as "Damon's Dash."

1996 @ Eastern Washington

1997 Griz-Cat

1998 Griz-Cat.
Remember The Missoulian headline the next day? "CAT SOUP."

MikeyGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

Things really started to cook football wise when the new stadium was built.

Lots of players on those 77 - 82 teams. Klever, Bingham, Allegre, Betters (at least one year?), Olympic sprinter Paul Renau, Mornhinweg, Curry, Bullerdick, Paoli, Gratton, Sharkey...a few "locals" included but I'm missing a few others....think a DB also went to NFL (Mickey Sutton??). How many recent Griz in the NFL today?

Griz tied for BSC title in the '82 and "split" with the Cats from 78 to 81. Things turned for the better after that but those years weren't awful in the overall history of Griz FB. And this was a conference with Reno and Boise and Idaho vs. Sac State and Portland State and Northern Colorado.

These are amazing. Thanks for uploading them, and thanks to MTN Sports for making them available!

503Griz said:
BUMP

Don't know if I've seen this one on here yet

Just stumbled across 1994 - EWU @ UM on YouTube.

Full game.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjSoeUP-fOM&t=9583s[/media]

Am watching this now, Super Dave had a play where they made it look like they were going for it on 4th only for him to surprise punt it and he downed it on the 1 yard line! Amazing little stat for him to have.

The very next play was a 99 yard TD by Eastern but still 😂

Latest posts

Back