• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid Updates - Not Politics

CDAGRIZ said:
I get that, but I was more referring to what I’m told their attitudes (and thus priorities) have apparently become toward the unvaccinated. My good friend’s wife is an ER doc at a different hospital, and she said the same thing. Universally bad situation.

I'm not sure I understand 'attitudes' and 'priorities.' Anecdotes would be better than parsing words. Examples paint a picture, where one or two words cannot.
I wrote a lengthy reply, but put it in hold as my cabin is poorly lit and was almost out of lantern oil. I figured that at about 5,000 words, it was too long but too short.

horribilisfan8184 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
But they’re so brave. Fat f###[#] getting COVID and laying in the hospital to own the libs.

Wife’s main hospital has 28 currently intubated, and 28 of them are unvaccinated. They sure showed us.

And 28 treating for heart disease that all smoked and ate like NoDaks all their lives. They showed us too. If we only had a mask mandate to save us from second hand smoke. Can somebody give Fauci a cowboy hat so he can double as the anti Marlboro Man?

:lol: Well said. Love the sarcasm. :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:
The WHO has been wrong numerous times during this thing...they were very, very wrong in the beginning. What did they do to develop the vaccine? Their investigations have failed to produce anything of value to be helpful for the future.

Why? Because China will behave in its own best interest, and the international institution will do absolutely nothing about it...

BTW - I could also give 2 shits about those choosing not to Vax. Not sure why it had to become political in the 1st place starting with dems saying they didn't trust Trump's vaccine.

Another interesting tidbit...a large percentage of Black Americans are choosing not to vax although it seems that is trending better recently...I doubt they have been watching Fox News.

Not sure who politicized this?

Maybe February 7, 2020 when Trump told Woodward how bad the pandemic was and how he downplayed it to the American people?

Trump Tells Woodward He Deliberately Downplayed Coronavirus Threat : NPR

Let’s look at Republican vs. Democratic vaccination rates by politicians:

“Fewer than half of House Republicans are vaccinated as of May, compared with 100 percent of congressional Democrats. For months, some Republican lawmakers including Senators Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Rand Paul of Kentucky, and conservative news commentators like Tucker Carlson, have voiced their skepticism of vaccines, loudly and insistently.”

Let’s look at the general population:

“Still, there is no doubt that the political divide is playing a role in rising infection rates. From the start, vaccinations in counties that voted for Donald J. Trump lagged those in counties that voted for Joseph R. Biden, and the gap has only widened — from two percentage points in April to nearly 12 points now, according to one recent poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Nationwide, 86 percent of Democrats have had at least one shot, compared with 52 percent of Republicans, according to another poll.”

Let’s look at the right-wing media:

“Mr. Carlson, the highest-rated Fox News host, with an average of 2.9 million viewers, said the Biden plan was an attempt to “force people to take medicine they don’t want or need.” He called the initiative “the greatest scandal in my lifetime, by far.”
Served up to an audience that is more likely than the general population to be wary of Covid vaccines, the remarks by Mr. Carlson and Ms. Ingraham echoed a now-common conservative talking point — that the government-led effort to raise vaccination rates amounted to a violation of civil liberties and a waste of taxpayer dollars.
The comments by the Fox News hosts and their guests may have also helped cement vaccine skepticism in the conservative mainstream, even as the Biden administration’s campaign to inoculate the public is running into resistance in many parts of the country.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/11/business/media/vaccines-fox-news-hosts.html

I think the evidence is clear who politicized this. Let’s just cut the bullshit.

People of color choosing not vax....you think they are fans of Tuck C or Rand Paul? Please. Why the hesitancy there?

Both sides have plenty of blame IMO.

SoldierGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Maybe February 7, 2020 when Trump told Woodward how bad the pandemic was and how he downplayed it to the American people?

“Fewer than half of House Republicans are vaccinated as of May, compared with 100 percent of congressional Democrats. For months, some Republican lawmakers including Senators Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Rand Paul of Kentucky, and conservative news commentators like Tucker Carlson, have voiced their skepticism of vaccines, loudly and insistently.”

“Still, there is no doubt that the political divide is playing a role in rising infection rates. From the start, vaccinations in counties that voted for Donald J. Trump lagged those in counties that voted for Joseph R. Biden, and the gap has only widened — from two percentage points in April to nearly 12 points now, according to one recent poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Nationwide, 86 percent of Democrats have had at least one shot, compared with 52 percent of Republicans, according to another poll.”

“Mr. Carlson, the highest-rated Fox News host, with an average of 2.9 million viewers, said the Biden plan was an attempt to “force people to take medicine they don’t want or need.” He called the initiative “the greatest scandal in my lifetime, by far.”
Served up to an audience that is more likely than the general population to be wary of Covid vaccines, the remarks by Mr. Carlson and Ms. Ingraham echoed a now-common conservative talking point — that the government-led effort to raise vaccination rates amounted to a violation of civil liberties and a waste of taxpayer dollars.
The comments by the Fox News hosts and their guests may have also helped cement vaccine skepticism in the conservative mainstream, even as the Biden administration’s campaign to inoculate the public is running into resistance in many parts of the country.”

I think the evidence is clear who politicized this. Let’s just cut the bullshit.

People of color choosing not vax....you think they are fans of Tuck C or Rand Paul? Please. Why the hesitancy there?

I'm sorry, I was watching reruns of Kamala and Joe saying they wouldn't trust or take a Trump vaccine, way before they were available, when Ursa made his post.

Now what was the question?

3-7-77 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I get that, but I was more referring to what I’m told their attitudes (and thus priorities) have apparently become toward the unvaccinated. My good friend’s wife is an ER doc at a different hospital, and she said the same thing. Universally bad situation.

I'm not sure I understand 'attitudes' and 'priorities.' Anecdotes would be better than parsing words. Examples paint a picture, where one or two words cannot.
I wrote a lengthy reply, but put it in hold as my cabin is poorly lit and was almost out of lantern oil. I figured that at about 5,000 words, it was too long but too short.

Ok, here goes: Some nurses and techs don’t give a fuck about caring for the unvaccinated idiots because they made their own bed and it was almost entirely preventable.

SoldierGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Without a doubt there is vaccination hesitancy in POC. This is nothing new. Native Americans, Blacks and Latinos almost always have worse healthcare results.

This is a result of socioeconomic, historic and cultural causes that have limited these populations access to medical care.

I think the French and Italians are doing this right. If you want to go to the movies, your favorite restaurant or to the big game, show proof you’ve been vaccinated or recently tested.

Lots of ‘patriots’ initially wouldn’t mask up to go into Costco last year. Turns out that the draw to $1.50 hotdogs was greater than their need to express their freedom.

The unvaccinated currently don’t have to pay a price for their actions. They should. Freedom isn’t free.

As far as your comment that ‘both sides have plenty of blame.’ That’s a false equivalency and you’re way smarter than that.

Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:

Without a doubt there is vaccination hesitancy in POC. This is nothing new. Native Americans, Blacks and Latinos almost always have worse healthcare results.

This is a result of socioeconomic, historic and cultural causes that have limited these populations access to medical care.

I think the French and Italians are doing this right. If you want to go to the movies, your favorite restaurant or to the big game, show proof you’ve been vaccinated or recently tested.

Lots of ‘patriots’ initially wouldn’t mask up to go into Costco last year. Turns out that the draw to $1.50 hotdogs was greater than their need to express their freedom.

The unvaccinated currently don’t have to pay a price for their actions. They should. Freedom isn’t free.

As far as your comment that ‘both sides have plenty of blame.’ That’s a false equivalency and you’re way smarter than that.

I just don't agree...I don't think our government works very well right now. There is plenty of blame to go around.

As far as access to the vaccination...there have been nearly unprecedented efforts to put the vaccine in the heart of our cities and neighborhoods where POC live. It is not an access to Healthcare problem. They are listening to someone for some reason. Doubt it is your hated Republicans...

You're as windy as anyone. Look at your 'posts' from yesterday. Sorry my comment went over your head, like a 747 in mid-flight.

Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:

...pretty funny sh*t!....our government is allowing hundreds if not thousands of illegals into this country with Covid
and all other deadly diseases and you want the unvaccinated tax paying citizens to pay the price...laughable...you would
have made a great Nazi with your propaganda...its not about the vaccines but the control! ...if the Gov were that serious they
would have locked down the borders...not a fat chance...but your a genius ..you got it all figured out what people should
put in their bodies...your brilliant! ...to the chambers you assholes!

Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:

:clap:

grizghost said:
Ursa Major said:

...pretty funny sh*t!....our government is allowing hundreds if not thousands of illegals into this country with Covid
and all other deadly diseases and you want the unvaccinated tax paying citizens to pay the price...laughable...you would
have made a great Nazi with your propaganda...its not about the vaccines but the control! ...if the Gov were that serious they
would have locked down the borders...not a fat chance...but your a genius ..you got it all figured out what people should

Oh good, more whataboutism. See above, Ghost.

YOU’RE keeping us away from attending Griz games.

YOU’RE killing YOUR fellow countrymen.

YOU’RE putting everyone you love at risk from dying from a more ferocious future variant.

YOU’RE helping to keep the virus alive.

We know the demographics of the unvaccinated.

We know which political party is downplaying getting vaccinated.

We know which news media is pushing anti-vaccination.

And learn the difference between your and you’re.

Ursa Major said:
grizghost said:

YOU’RE putting everyone you love at risk from dying from a more ferocious future variant.

Man, that was a serious effort at distraction, deflection and obfuscation by ghost. Interesting that he blames immigrants for the high Covid numbers, but they're not high in border areas. Where they are high is in rural middle America. Wonder why....

Ursa Major said:
grizghost said:

Oh good, more whataboutism. See above, Ghost. Your premise that "man" can defeat all future deaths or illness from viruses thorough 100% vaccination is mind boggling utopian pap. Darwin showed us the futility of positions based on passion and hope rather than science and laws of nature.

YOU’RE keeping us away from attending Griz games. Read the bill of rights, who has the rights and who can't infringe them. Any policy that doesn't put the burden on potential attendees to decide for themselves whether they want to be exposed to known risks is a backwards policy. Let's just outlaw children climbing in trees so no child ever falls and breaks their arm. Let's outlaw swimming in lakes and rivers so no one ever drowns.

YOU’RE killing YOUR fellow countrymen. The unvaccinated only put their lives at risk, as well as the lives of others unvaccinated. Their choices. Their consequences. The vaccines provide short term protection against serious infections so that deaths are almost non-existent and hospitalizations rare (0-3% we are told). Why shouId anyone with vaxx protection give a shit that others are not, unless they don't believe the protection propaganda themselves? If you want that short term gain against the unknown side effects 5+ years down the road, you should make that call, not the government. This isn't a 50-95% death rate virus or plague. Get a grip on history.

Delta, it's more easily spread but milder, according to the science

YOU’RE helping to keep the virus alive. Utopian pap. Think flu strains and mutations..

We know the demographics of the unvaccinated. Implication, unvaxxed are stupid, ergo ..... Why did you even go there?

We know which political party is downplaying getting vaccinated. The few times I've watched Fox the conservative guests and the commentators note they are vaxxed, recommend getting vaxxed, but do up-play the individual choice aspect of that consideration. You know, abortion' leads to a human death 100% of the time, but that's a choice that is protected by bill of rights "penumbra" . You'll see, it really is all about politics and control once you open your eyes/i]

We know which news media is pushing anti-vaccination. ditto above Nice sexy talking point but not true. Really have a taste for pap.

And learn the difference between your and you’re. As long as we're (not weir) talking about learning, try adding "learned" to your vocabulary.

Most importantly, never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink.

Ursa Major said:

YOU'RE so full of $hit. Provide evidence. We know which political party and news media shows respect for human rights and does not buckle to the other party's overreach of power. This is very different from "downplaying getting vaccinated" and "pushing anti-vaccination."

kemajic said:
Ursa Major said:

YOU'RE so full of $hit. Provide evidence. We know which political party and news media shows respect for human rights and does not buckle to the other party's overreach of power. This is very different from "downplaying getting vaccinated" and "pushing anti-vaccination."

neither party does what you claim. get rid of both of them, and maybe your (in caps) hopes for a nation-wide return to the mid-20th century. sorry, ain't gonna happen.

Can remember the quote, or who, but it seemed right at the time. Someone compared Montana of today to mid-50s America. I thought that was great! Another chapter for
'The Last Best Place.'

3-7-77 said:
Can remember the quote, or who, but it seemed right at the time. Someone compared Montana of today to mid-50s America. I thought that was great! Another chapter for
'The Last Best Place.'
Not sure if that comparison is valid. Many of the nations problems are also problems in Montana. Montana/Wyoming are no longer isolated, so crime is increasing, drugs are bad, etc. Now, looking at it in another way, I lived in Montana and Wyoming in the 50’s and looking back, I have many wonderful memories.

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Man, that was a serious effort at distraction, deflection and obfuscation by ghost. Interesting that he blames immigrants for the high Covid numbers, but they're not high in border areas. Where they are high is in rural middle America. Wonder why....

You actually believe the illegal immigrants stay in border areas? Wow.

Back