• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

5 Griz Land on All Conference Team

Cowboys84 said:
kemajic said:
Check out the Cowboys84 argument regarding Osweiler in the Huot thread.
Show where I ever said osweiler was a superstar.
You said he earned every penny of his contracts without the numbers to back it up.

poorgriz said:
[

:lol: Same ol song and dance over here. Every time we see a Bobcat player rise to super stardom..... it doesn't take long for jealous griz fans to start rumors about said player transferring. Remember Lulay? McGhee? Ifanse? Now Andersen?

you have a pretty loose definition of "super stardom".

kemajic said:
Cowboys84 said:
Show where I ever said osweiler was a superstar.
You said he earned every penny of his contracts without the numbers to back it up.
I've asked the other guy who keeps chirping about this topic if he would have been able to turn down the offer but he won't respond, which speaks volumes.

How about you since you have an opinion... Would you have been willing to turn down a $72 million dollar football contract when you were his age?... Waiting....

argh! said:
poorgriz said:
[

:lol: Same ol song and dance over here. Every time we see a Bobcat player rise to super stardom..... it doesn't take long for jealous griz fans to start rumors about said player transferring. Remember Lulay? McGhee? Ifanse? Now Andersen?

Probably so. In my eyes - those guys are all super stars and Bobcat legends. On the griz side of that I'd say the same about players like Trumaine Johnson, Marc Mariani, maybe a Lex Hilliard, Samual Akem will probably be there, etc.

Did that guy really just compare Ifanse and Anderson to Marc Mariani and Trumaine Johnson, or did I dream that?

poorgriz said:
argh! said:

Probably so. In my eyes - those guys are all super stars and Bobcat legends. On the griz side of that I'd say the same about players like Trumaine Johnson, Marc Mariani, maybe a Lex Hilliard, Samual Akem will probably be there, etc.

What do all the Griz players listed have in common (except Akem, obviously because he’s still in college)? They all played multiple years in the NFL. What do the ‘scat “superstars” have in common? None of them have or will sniff the NFL….as he said, you have a pretty loose definition of super stardom….

Cowboys84 said:
kemajic said:
I've asked the other guy who keeps chirping about this topic if he would have been able to turn down the offer but he won't respond, which speaks volumes.

How about you since you have an opinion... Would you have been willing to turn down a $72 million dollar football contract when you were his age?... Waiting....
Of course not. Separate issue from whether he delivered on the contract.

AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:

What do all the Griz players listed have in common (except Akem, obviously because he’s still in college)? They all played multiple years in the NFL. What do the ‘scat “superstars” have in common? None of them have or will sniff the NFL….as he said, you have a pretty loose definition of super stardom….

Would you put Alex Singleton as part of this list then? He is only on year 3 in the NFL, but is a starter (as of the starting camp at least). I think players can be "Super Stars" in just college. I don't necessarily think they have to go on and be great after as well.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Would you put Alex Singleton as part of this list then? He is only on year 3 in the NFL, but is a starter (as of the starting camp at least). I think players can be "Super Stars" in just college. I don't necessarily think they have to go on and be great after as well.

Ding ding ding! And as far as any posters downplaying the abilities of Troy Andersen... just stop. Ask any FCS coach who the most gifted football player is in the FCS and I'd be willing to guess a bunch of them (especially any coaches that have had to face him in a game), would say Troy Andersen.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I would. But he didn’t list Singleton. He listed people who either never played in the NFL, or most likely WON’T play in the NFL.

poorgriz said:
SACCAT66 said:

Ding ding ding! And as far as any posters downplaying the abilities of Troy Andersen... just stop. Ask any FCS coach who the most gifted football player is in the FCS and I'd be willing to guess a bunch of them (especially any coaches that have had to face him in a game), would say Troy Andersen.

You’re talking about the Troy Andersen of 2 years ago. Choke rode him like a rented mule and he’s now a shell of his former self. May never see the field again, sadly.

AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:

I would. But he didn’t list Singleton. He listed people who either never played in the NFL, or most likely WON’T play in the NFL.

So do College "Super Stars" (I am not saying any of the players that were listed are or aren't) have to play in the NFL to be considered college "Super Stars"? I believe that you can be a Super Star in College, and not make it to the NFL...

I would say someone who was 4 time All Big Sky (at 3 different positions) would be considered a "Super Star"... I haven't looked (and probably won't) but has anyone ever been all conference in 3 different positions? Maybe a guy who was a WR, Kick Returner and Punt Returner.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:

So do College "Super Stars" (I am not saying any of the players that were listed are or aren't) have to play in the NFL to be considered college "Super Stars"? I believe that you can be a Super Star in College, and not make it to the NFL...

I would say someone who was 4 time All Big Sky (at 3 different positions) would be considered a "Super Star"... I haven't looked (and probably won't) but has anyone ever been all conference in 3 different positions? Maybe a guy who was a WR, Kick Returner and Punt Returner.

I think Dave Dickinson was a super star. And before somebody says, ya but he played in the NFL... please.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Agreed, What about the likes of Ernie Davis, Charlie Ward, Tommie Frazier. They were and still are legends but never played in the NFL

poorgriz said:
SACCAT66 said:

I think Dave Dickinson was a super star. And before somebody says, ya but he played in the NFL... please.
:lol: Really going out on a limb with that one. :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:

I know right? Buuuuut....... he didn't see any success in the NFL so we aren't allowed to call him a super star on here. :clap:

Eric crouch of Nebraska and Jason white of Oklahoma both were superstars in college that won the Heisman trophy.... Neither played a down in the NFL.

poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

I know right? Buuuuut....... he didn't see any success in the NFL so we aren't allowed to call him a super star on here. :clap:
If you're trying to compare Troy Anderson to Dave Dickenson, that's also pretty hilarious :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
If you're trying to compare Troy Anderson to Dave Dickenson, that's also pretty hilarious :lol:

Nope, no comparison. TA is a phenomenal athlete, DD wasn't. :lol: DD had something else, something special.

Oh, and the only reason I brought DD into the discussion is because some posters think a player can't be called a super star unless they kick ass in the NFL. Bizarre.

Back