• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Helena QB Kaden Huot commits!

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Sadly, this is true. I’m slowly beginning the transition back, but have been gone for nearly 40 years in between…
Stay with it. I was gone for nearly 40 years and now it's like I never left. Roots are deep.

:thumb: :thumb:

MikeyGriz said:
I don't recall anyone saying Osweiler shouldn't have taken the money. Very few of us would have refused that situation. The discussion was whether he earned the money he was paid or not.

As best as I can figure out, Osweiler was not sued for breach of contract. There is no indication he was forced to pay anything back. He may not have become the QB some thought he could/should have been, but he lived up to the terms of the deal and therefore earned every dime.

goatcreekgriz said:
MikeyGriz said:
I don't recall anyone saying Osweiler shouldn't have taken the money. Very few of us would have refused that situation. The discussion was whether he earned the money he was paid or not.

As best as I can figure out, Osweiler was not sued for breach of contract. There is no indication he was forced to pay anything back. He may not have become the QB some thought he could/should have been, but he lived up to the terms of the deal and therefore earned every dime.
A very Progressive definition of "earned."

kemajic said:
goatcreekgriz said:
His career in the NFL was twice that of the average stay 7.5 years to 3.3.... to say he played that long is impressive.

If you have a problem with what his contract payed out, be mad at the Texans organization... They are the one whose job it is to evaluate and pay talent.

Cowboys84 said:
kemajic said:
His career in the NFL was twice that of the average stay 7.5 years to 3.3.... to say he played that long is impressive.

If you have a problem with what his contract payed out, be mad at the Texans organization... They are the one whose job it is to evaluate and pay talent.
The only problem anyone has is your twisting how well Osweiler delivered on his contracts. We understand he gladly took the money; his value created was short. His career might have played out better had he finished his final year at ASU; he was young and not yet a polished college football QB and could have been much better prepared for the NFL.

Did he show up for his job and work everyday? If so, then he earned his paycheck. If you want to question whether his employers overpaid him for his production the answer would be yes.

Cowboys84 said:
kemajic said:

The length of his career had much more to do with teams couldn't afford to release him as opposed to his on field production.

So let me see if I can catch up here...

Huot is a really good football player, and has verbally committed to the griz, but some of his family played for Oregon State, and Brock didn't do shit in the league to earn his money, but had a good career years wise.

SACCAT66 said:

Huot is a really good football player, and has verbally committed to the griz, but some of his family played for Oregon State, and Brock didn't do shit in the league to earn his money, but had a good career years wise.

Nailed it.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Did he show up for his job and work everyday? If so, then he earned his paycheck. If you want to question whether his employers overpaid him for his production the answer would be yes.

I can go along with this.

kemajic said:
Cowboys84 said:

The only problem anyone has is your twisting how well Osweiler delivered on his contracts. We understand he gladly took the money; his value created was short. His career might have played out better had he finished his final year at ASU; he was young and not yet a polished college football QB and could have been much better prepared for the NFL.
Couldn’t agree more with this statement. As a Phoenix resident (at the time) and a casual ASU fan, I thought the exact same thing when he left early.

SACCAT66 said:

From a cat poster. To compare Mr. Huot, 17 year old high school senior, to Osweiler, under the guise of summarizing the discussion of Osweiler on this site, is low. To compare ANYONE to Osweiler is very, very low.

kemajic said:
goatcreekgriz said:
Not progressive at all, more conservative if anything. The whole point is the concept of certainty in transactions, which allows the parties to a contract to reap the benefits of their bargain. It is a conservative maxim that people should be true to their word. The Texans agreed to $37 million in guaranteed money and apparently failed to bargain for compensation benchmarks tied to performance on the field. That’s not Osweiler’s fault. He did not perform at a high enough level to be a star or even carry his team, but he performed according to the terms of his contract and therefore earned every dime.

goatcreekgriz said:
kemajic said:
Not progressive at all, more conservative if anything. The whole point is the concept of certainty in transactions, which allows the parties to a contract to reap the benefits of their bargain. It is a conservative maxim that people should be true to their word. The Texans agreed to $37 million in guaranteed money and apparently failed to bargain for compensation benchmarks tied to performance on the field. That’s not Osweiler’s fault. He did not perform at a high enough level to be a star or even carry his team, but he performed according to the terms of his contract and therefore earned every dime.

Conservative has nothing to do with keeping your word.... My God, where do people come up with this crap?? Conservatives are the biggest liars out there lmao.

Griz Addict said:
goatcreekgriz said:

Conservative has nothing to do with keeping your word.... My God, where do people come up with this crap?? Conservatives are the biggest liars out there lmao.

What ‘word’ did Osweiler break?

Griz Addict said:
goatcreekgriz said:

First, congrats to Kaden Huot. It’s great that you will join the Griz.

Second, I thought the Osweiler discussion was over. Your comment about “conservatives” being liars, as with the previous comment about a “progressive” mindset regarding what was “earned” by Osweiler, misses the point entirely. I was obviously and specifically talking about the law of contracts. And it is most clearly true that the common law of contracts protects the expectations (“keeping your word”) of the parties to the contract. This concept is conservative because it protects the orderly function of the existing capitalist economy (i.e., the status quo). It has nothing to with politics unless, of course, you meant to initiate a discussion about critical legal theory (which seems extremely unlikely). Osweiler apparently lived up to his word, meaning he did not breach the contract, therefore he earned every dime.

Finally, congrats to Kaden Huot. It’s great that you will join the Griz.

uofmman1122 said:
I know I'm late, but I am incredibly sorry for bringing up Brock Osweiler, holy shit. :lol:

It's spurned lover syndrome. The rejected never miss an opportunity to bash the person they can't get over. If Brock had an identical pro career but following playing as a Griz every basher here would be singing his praise. Can you imagine how devastating this is for Griz fans who barely recovered from the Leaf rejection when Brock strolled into their hopes and dreams?

horribilisfan8184 said:
uofmman1122 said:
I know I'm late, but I am incredibly sorry for bringing up Brock Osweiler, holy shit. :lol:

It's spurned lover syndrome. The rejected never miss an opportunity to bash the person they can't get over. If Brock had an identical pro career but following playing as a Griz every basher here would be singing his praise. Can you imagine how devastating this is for Griz fans who barely recovered from the Leaf rejection when Brock strolled into their hopes and dreams?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back